Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
New Year, New You with Clarisonic
Our Clarisonic giveaway from last week went so well, we wanted to offer up a few more Clarisonics for three lucky winners and their dearest friends.
What You’ll Win
THREE lucky winners will win a set of Clarisonics (yes — TWO Clarisonics) of their choice! You’ll get to choose the model and color — make it the perfect one for you!
Clarisonic has three versions available to choose from:
- MIA Smaller, more compact than the originalm with one speed ($149) (my review)
- Classic The original, two-speed cleansing system ($195) (my review)
- PLUS Three speeds, plus a “body mode” and a brush for the body ($225) (it’s the only one I don’t have!)
Clarisonic also offers an excellent comparison chart for easy shopping between models.
How to Enter
Leave a comment on this post telling us how you’d like to start the new year, and who in your life would also benefit from starting the new year with a Clarisonic!
All entries must be submitted by January 4th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Please make sure to use a valid e-mail address when leaving your comment. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated once winners have been confirmed.
Again, lots of gratitude and thank yous to the lovely folks at Clarisonic for their generosity this holiday season!
Congratulations to Mandy, Sixx, and Joanne J.!
Listed below (left to right, row by row)
Scarlet Season: Temptalia’s Favorite Red Lipsticks & Glosses
I’m sure some of you are interested in what my favorites were–and to be sure, I included some that just had flat-out spectacular formulas and wear, even if the color wasn’t what I’d normally go for–so here’s a compilation of them. They’re, for the most part, in alphabetical order by brand.
I can still (and now with full confidence after testing so many reds!) that Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque is still my SCARLET QUEEN. Sorry to all the lovely shades of red from the Scarlet Season, but Dragon still has my heart, and I think it’s totally made away with it and is now in hiding, hoping to never have to give it back! (I am also ever-relieved every time someone tells me they purchased Dragon and love it, because sometimes I fear for the worst!)
Of course, there are still many shades that came close and gave poor Dragon a big ol’ scare, and those make up the rest that I’ve included. I do have to give some props to La Prairie for having a lipstick that really does apply like the sweetest dream and does make every lip line a little less noticeable. Urban Decay’s Revolution lipstick also had a particularly lovely formula; all smooth and moisturizing and glossy. Of course, both Dolce & Gabbana and Guerlain didn’t disappoint in their crisp, pigmented, and lip-huggin’ formulas, either. MAC is classic, and they do some fine reds. Bring back Queen’s Sin, please.
Which were your favorites?
- Row 1: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00), Chanel Coromandel Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00), Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick ($30.00)
- Row 2: Guerlain Giovanna Lipstick ($45.00), Guerlain Rouge Sultan Cashmere Lip Gloss ($28.00), Guerlain Greta Lipstick ($45.00)
- Row 3: La Prairie Rouge Clair Lipstick ($55.00), Le Metier de Beaute Framboise Creme Lip Creme Lip Gloss ($36.00), MAC Check, Please Lipglass ($14.00)
- Row 4: MAC Classic Dame Mattene ($14.50), MAC Port Red Lipstick ($14.00), MAC Queen’s Sin Lipstick ($14.00)
- Row 5: MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick ($14.00), MAC Warning Lip Varnish ($14.00), Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick ($22.00)
Just for Temptalia readers, Pur Minerals is offering an exclusive 20% off any purchase from December 26th through December 31st with code TEMPT.
There’s also free shipping on all orders over $50 or grab yourself some free shipping on any purchase from December 28th through the 31st.
To kick off this special deal, three lucky Temptalia readers will win a Pur Minerals gift basket containing Pout Plumping Lip Gloss, Mineral Wash, and Fulvic Mineral Mist ($50.00 value).
Submit your entry by leaving a comment telling me what your favorite winter treat is.
All entries must be submitted by January 3rd, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Congratulations to Tee, Janet, & Abigail!
Do you think buying high-end (for beauty) is worth it? Share!
I think it can be if it’s within your budget! If it’s not in your budget, I think it can just be stressful to try and keep up.
Stila for Spring 2010
Stila’s bringing out several new products for the spring season…
Jewel Eye Shadow Palette ($32.00)
- Rose Quartz Light pink with silver shimmer
- Amethyst Dark eggplant with champagne shimmer
- Black Diamond Black with silver shimmer
- Golden Topaz Champagne shimmer with silver and gold sparkle
Eye Shadow Trio ($20.00)
A new collection of Eye Shadow Trios in Stila’s award-winning eye shadow formula! Stila’s six new Eye Shadow Trios will contain 3 shades pressed in one that can be filled in any Stila refillable compact.
- Going Green
Jewel Lip Glaze Trio ($32.00)
- Pink Diamond Pink with pink sparkle
- Amethyst Warm plum with gold sparkle
- Golden Topaz Amber bronze with pink sparkle
Black Diamond Mascara ($24.00)
This innovative new mascara formula lengthens and adheres perfectly to lashes because of a jelly system and filmogen complex. This formula is unusually soft and plush on the lashes, where the results are long and defined with a comfortable feel. Not only is this mascara paraben free, but it contains genuine Black Diamond Powder as well! With its Diamond powder, Stila’s new mascara creates brilliance, hardness and clarity.
- Black Shimmer Black infused with silver shimmer
- Blue Shimmer Black infused with blue shimmer
Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($20.00)
This easy-glide, quick-dry precision liner stays in place until you say when—no smudges, feathering, or running. The thin, marker-like tip is easy to use, even for the beauty beginner, and delivers any look (from a thin line to a bold, dramatic stroke!). It goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, and lasts all day!
Lip & Cheek Stain ($24.00)
Things that make you say yum! Stila’s newest crush creates a personalized pink shade your lips and cheeks will crave! This light midtone pink crush with sheer pink pearl contains a new superfruit, Yumberry. Yumberry fruits boast the highest amount of the most potent antioxidants (OPCs, Oligomeric proanthocyanidins). Yumberry is 50 times stronger than Vitamin E and 20 times stronger than Vitamin C! Yumberry can help slow the degeneration of collagen, thus supporting the natural structure of the skin and slowing premature aging. A must-have Lip & Cheek Stain for a beautiful, natural flush.
One Step Makeup Foundation ($44.00)
Once exclusively available with the Makeup Player, One Step Makeup will now be available for purchase individually.
- Fair, Light, Tone, Medium, Dar, Tan, Warm, and Deep
Availability: January/February 2010. Sephora is showing them on their website now, but everything is “temporarily out of stock” (which is more like it’s code for “coming soon”).
MAC Cosmetics Spring Forecast Collection
In February 11th, 2010, you’ll see this hit counter… Debbie confirmed it’ll be in four separate displayers, but on a single day. Which is worse, because now you can’t spread out the costs!
Edited: Added more product photos! (12/27)
Spring Colour 1 Forecast
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Bubble Gum Light lavender pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Laugh-a-lot Mauve pink (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
- Phlox Sheer light pink (Glaze) (Limited Edition)
- Pink Burst Clean bright pink with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Cultureclash Frosty clear baby pink with multi-dimensional pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Hush, Hush Rose Mid-tone blue with pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Electric Fuchsia Bright violet with blue pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition_
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Da Bling Pink with gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- LaLa Mid-tone pink (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Rosy Outlook Frosted baby pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
- Very Violet Dark violet (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Crush Metal Pigment: Stacked 1! ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)
Crush Metal Pigment in a shade wave of four stackable jars, specially selected for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. Provides intense colour payoff and medium coverage with highly reflective metallic sparkle. Creamy, crease-resistant. Long-wearing. Limited edition.
- Pale pink, light lilac, mid-tone rose, dark purple (Limited Edition)
Plushlash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
Blush Ombre ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Azalea Blossom Light cool pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
- Galore Pink Creamy mid-tone blue pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
Creations: Pinkaura ($25.00 U.S. / $30.00 CDN)
- Lingeringly floral, slightly foxy. Starts off green then bursts into a flowery bouquet of freesia, black violet and magnolia petals. Sashays into a rich warm amber and balmy vetiver. (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Check out more information, plus photos… Continue reading →