Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Laura Mercier’s Gilded Garden Collection debuted for the spring season with several fun, perfect-for-spring products. The collection included eyeshadows in Lilac, Marigold, Orchid, and Pink Tulip ($22.00 each); Stickgloss in Azalea and Tiger Lily ($20.00 each); and Lip Stains in English Rose and Hibiscus ($20.00 each); and the Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc ($38.00).
The Gilded Garden Mosaic Shimmer Bloc features a pretty flowery pattern in it, which just screams “SPRING!” to me. The two large flowers in a coral-pink and fuchsia-pink are slightly raised. They’re raised enough that I wasn’t able to swatch through to see if they go all the way through the powder. (But I’m hoping they do.)
This Shimmer Bloc is much like Bobbi Brown’s Shimmerbricks in the texture and finish–smooth, but still quite frosty. If you’re not a fan of noticeable shimmer/frost, then I’d definitely stay clear of this. If, however, you love Shimmerbricks, you’ll want to check out Laura Mercier’s Shimmer Blocs.
The overall color you get when swirling the entire Shimmer Bloc together is a almost neutral-but-slightly-cool, frosty pink. It can be used as a blusher or to highlight your favorite pink blushes.
Anyone else have this?
See close-ups and swatches… Continue reading →
What do you do if a look you try doesn’t seem to work? Wear it anyway? Start over?
I give myself two chances to do eye makeup, whether or not I’m re-doing it or trying something else after a failed attempt at one look! If I don’t succeed on attempt #2, then I say forget it!
If you were using MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
Worst Liquid Liner? What product wins this category?
Zoya Summer Collections: Ooh-La-La and La-Di-Da Sneak Peeks
- Katy Pink purple with multi-color metallic highlights
- Tallulah Vibrant metallic medium blue
- Midori Unexpected metallic apple green
- Goldie Multi dimensional metallic yellow gold
- Emme Shimmering soft pink
- Ginessa Multi dimensional metallic frosty white
- America Bright orange red
- Dita Cherry red cream
- Renee Ultra bright cherry red
- Paz Ultra bright neon orange
- Ali Ultra bright neon pink
- Pippa Ultra bright neon yellow
Available: April 1st, from Zoya.com.
See images for La-Di-Da… Continue reading →
Zoya’s Twist Collection debuted this spring season, and since spring is just officially starting… I’m really not late to review it, am I? Twist consists of six shades, ranging from gray to pink. Zoya polishes retail for $6 a pop, or you can get the set of six for $36.
- Harley is a medium gray with golden shimmer.
- Jo is a deep, medium sky blue on me. It comes out fairly bright, actually. I can definitely see this polish work well in the summer, too.
- Malia is a neutral-cool violet purple color. It isn’t lavender, but it isn’t royal purple either. It’s a good cross between a dark shade and a light shade.
- Barbie is a medium pink with some brightness and matching pink shimmer. It is a bit cool-toned, so it’s not the most flattering shade on me.
- Cassi is a strawberry-coral with silvery-ish shimmer. I found this color to be much more flattering on my skin tone than Barbie, and I can see myself wearing it often.
- Moxie is a deep, cream berry-red. I personally wish they’d come out with a shade more in line with the rest of the shades from Twist, because I feel it doesn’t match the trend the others set.
See swatches… Continue reading →