Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
It’s too bad the pictures didn’t do this justice, because it DID come out really nice in person. Just really subtle and softly smoky. I wanted something super quick and simple, but I wanted something that was noticeable.
I used Ricepaper eyeshadow all over lid, Espresso eyeshadow in outer crease and corner of lid, and Ricepaper eyeshadow above crease. I wore Margin blush on cheeks with Sculpt sculpting powder to contour. I had Gentle Coral tinted lip conditioner on my lips.
Continue reading →
EURISTOCRATS | March 2008 — European Exclusive
- Barcelona Red Frosty deep coral
- Bombshell Soft bright rosy-pink with golden shimmer
- Cockney Sheer yellow red with multi dimensional pearlized pigments
- Costa Chic Frosty light coral
- Fast Play Medium neutral pink with plum-brown undertones
- Full Fuchsia Bright clean warm pink
- Going Dutch Frosty mid tone pink
See the other shades… Continue reading →
Welcome the newest addition to the Temptalia family! His name is Magellan (yes, after the explorer), and he is nine weeks old today! We’ve had him for just over a week now, and I couldn’t resist sharing. He is a yellow labrador retriever, and he weighs about ten pounds right now. I’m photo-documenting his journey to full-size so we can track how fast he grows!
More photos (duh!) if you want to see… Continue reading →
Today we have Tekoa sharing her storage solution for her beauty products! Let her tell you all about it!
1) A view of my makeup area. It’s all done here in the bathroom.
Check out the rest… Continue reading →
Beauty Backstage by Stila: For four seasons, Marchesa has turned to stila cosmetics to complement their Hollywood-worthy designs with just the right makeup looks. Headlining makeup artist Talia Shobrook used lush, rich hues to complete the gilded splendor of the Marchesa collection.
Inspired by the iconography of the 16th Century, Marchesa’s fall collection evokes the excess and elegance of the Golden Age. Drawing on the drama of the Spanish Armada, the designs embody the clash of lavish Spanish style and Elizabethan renaissance in an era marked by legendary monarchs. Shobrook captured the concept in a dramatic look that modernizes Elizabethan stylization, with dreamy, angelic complexions to reflect the soft, flowing quality of the collection.
stila offers you quick how-tos so that you can capture this majestic fall makeup style:
Step one: skin
The look for skin is matte and pale. Begin by applying stila sheer pressed powder. Then, apply stila perfecting concealer to areas that require more coverage.
Step two: eyes
Neutral tones contour and accentuate a smoky eye framed with dramatic lashes and brows. Apply stila eye shadow in chinois to brow bones. Next, apply stila eye shadow in bouquet and kamet to the creases of your eyelids and your bottom lash line. Line the lower outer rim kajal liner in smoky quartz. Then sweep multi-effect mascara in brown over lashes and apply multi-effect mascara in black to tips of lashes. Finally, fill in brows with brow set.
Step three: cheeks
Cheeks are natural but flushed for high contrast with pale skin. Use new cherry crush lip and cheek stain to create a bright flush against pale skin. Apply to fingertips to the high apples of the cheeks, blending out until the color diffuses into a soft stain.
Step four: lips
Lip color is shiny and saturated against matte skin and eyes. Apply cherry crush lip and cheek stain directly to lips for rosy color with a slick sheen. Next, dab SPF 20 lipstick in caicos over cherry crush with fingertips to finish the look.
ghd shares the secrets to getting the red-carpet locks seen at this year’s Oscars!
Get the latest twist on ponytails that were being shown off by stars like Cameron Diaz and Anne Hathaway:
- Prior to blow drying hair, spray on ghd thermal protector which helps to increase the hair elasticity during the heated styling processes and helping to control static and increase shine
- Combine a small amount of ghd texture lotion with ghd smoothing blam to make the perfect anti-frizz cocktail to ad texture and shine to hair while combating humidity
For romantic, ringlet locks and waves, like Amy Adams, try:
- Apply ghd thermal protector to damp hair and blow dry
- Use the ghd IV styler to crease loose waves. Take a small section of hair and starting a few inches below the root, hold the ghd IV styler vertically and gently clamp hair in between the plates. Turn the styler 180 degrees so the hair is twisted around part of the styler and pull the styler through the hair. Keep the pressure light (the plates shouldn’t be clamped down tightly on hair) and move the styler quickly through the hair to form loose waevs.
- Shake out the hair a bit and gently brush through with your fingers. Spray on ghd ultimate hairspray to keep waves lasting throughout the night and finish with a spritz of ghd reflection spray for glorious shine.
Fringe fun? Imitate Jennifer Hudson’s look:
- Apply ghd obedience cream to help reduce frizz and add gloss to hair prior to blow drying
- Use the ghd IV mini styler to style bangs into place
- Add a little texture to the ends of your fringe with a very small amount of ghd sculpting wax
ghd is available at www.ghdhairusa.com.