Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using MAC’s Tropic Glow slimshine?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include Tropic Glow! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
SUBMIT YOUR PUPPY PICTURES! I want to meet your furry friend, so go ahead and submit up to five pictures of your doggy/puppy.
Also… thank you to all of you for giving me well wishes when Mommy & Daddy thought I was going to die on them. I keep telling them I’ll be around F-O-R-E-V-E-R, but they don’t seem too convinced. But things are A-OK at Mellan HQ these days!
A week or so ago, I posted twelve items that were threatening to empty my wallet. It seems like we both had a lot of fun discussing our latest lemmings (plus, some of you killed a few for me–thanks, ladies!!). It’s great to hear about products I’m lusting after from those who have already tried them! So here are my twelve latest obsessions, and let me know if something is totally worth it (or is so totally pass worthy). Plus, share your cravings with us, too!
- Benefit’s Boo Boo Zap! Skin Corrector ($20.00) seems to work like an on-the-spot acne treatment to reduce blemishes when they appear. I’m always up to try something that claims to reduce the healing time of a pimple! Is it any better than the drugstore versions (Neutrogena’s comes to mind), which are already pricey, but still less than Benefit’s?
- Bliss Vanilla + Bergamot Body Buff ($36.00) is an item from Bliss I’m wanting right now. I’m looking to add a couple more body scrubs/buffs to my life, and I adore this scent.
- Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color ($29.50) is just so darling to look at, and it has been catching my eye throughout the past few months. Still haven’t purchased it, though. I don’t know if I’m holding back because I won’t want to use it because of the design.
- Electroflash has me all in a tizzy, because I really don’t know what I’m going to do. I know I don’t like mineralize eyeshadows very much, and even the few I own, I never reach for. But Fresh Green Mix and Sea & Sky call to me. You can shop for your MAC needs at Macys, Nordstrom’s, and of course, MAC Cosmetics. You know me, I’ll be there first thing Thursday morning to get y’all swatches, so I’ll be resisting and hopefully not caving in then!
- MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush ($21.00) has me a bit worried. I love blush–I am a self-admitting blush addict! With MAC releasing not one, not two, but NINE brand new blushes in their mineralize form… well, it does not bode well for my wallet. I am going to try VERY hard to pick up only one or two, so I can see how they wear in practice. I have no doubt I will want all of them by swatch alone!
- Laura Mercier Eye Colour Trio in Mauve Sunset ($38.00)
Laura Mercier Eye Colour Trio compliments the mood of the fall season with colors of the sun and sky as the day unwinds and twilight sets in. Each trio contains a highlight, mid-tone and definer shade that together express the essence of the final daylight hour. Combining shimmer and matte shades, the color glides on smoothly and evenly to provide rich pigment and glamorous shine. Crease-resistant and extremely long-wearing, each shade can be used wet or dry to achieve the dusky, subtle smoke that is just right for you.
- Estee Lauder Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Caramel Truffle ($35.00) comes from Estee Lauder’s Chocolate Decadence collection for Fall (don’t you love how fall launches are available in July?). I think I mentioned that these were compelling! I actually think their caramel swirl powder and glosses look kind of fun, too. I think I will be able to resist this particular temptation, but we shall see!
- MAC Brush Roll ($45.00) is something I need desperately when I travel. My poor brushes get stuffed into my various makeup bags, and sometimes one or two make it so I can’t zip them in, so they dangle out. I’m sure that’s pretty awful for my brushes’ health, so I may need to head out and get a brush roll. I wish I had the sewing prowess to create my own brush roll, but unfortunately, it is not within my skill range.
- NARS Aqua Gel Hydrator ($76.00) is pricey, but I adore, ADORE NARS’ Hydrating Moisture Cream (which I am well-behind on raving about in a real review). I really want to try the rest of NARS’ skincare line, because I am so satisfied with the one product I’ve tried thus far. Anyone plunk down the change for this baby find it well worth the pennies?
- Chanel Facettes d’Or in Gold Fever ($50.00) is so gorgeous in person and just to look at. I think I might need to try it on at the counter, rather than purchase and hope to ward off any buyer’s remorse. It’s quite lovely, but I’m not exactly sure if it’ll be nearly so pretty on my cheeks (well, more like, whether it’ll show up and add anything to them).
- MAC Select Tint SPF 15 ($25.00) sounds perfect for my upcoming beach vacation (I think… I get so homesick when I leave, LOL). I’d like to try out some lighter weight foundations for easy application and when I really don’t need to wear Studio Fix Fluid (though I’ll probably end up doing so anyway). Do you have a favorite tinted moisturizer?
- Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask ($40.00) was recently launched, and it does seem to have good reviews so far. I’m very interested to see how it will improve my skin, and I hope to get my hands on it soon!
What do you do when you get into a makeup rut? Skip makeup for awhile? Ask friends for new combos?
Going to Barneys was like a fish-out-of-water experience for me, because I have been primarily a MAC girl, which is still on the lower end of most mid to high end makeup brands. I’ve always been hard-pressed to purchase brands like Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, etc. because the prices are steeper than I want to pay. I suppose with more disposable income, I feel less awkward about getting an item or two here and there, though. The service at Barneys is incomparable, because everyone is incredibly knowledgeable–not only about their line, but the other ones carried at the store. David (Counter Manager for Cle de Peau) took me on a beauty tour of the department, going over the different brands, telling me tidbits about them, and showing me his favorite products. He made me feel welcome, when I knew I didn’t quite belong.
So while you won’t see me purchasing a lipstick for $50.00, I can see why those who might have plenty of money to spend would. I also think that an item or two from one of these luxury lines may make a nice to-self present for that job promotion or graduating school. Additionally, I can at least tell you this: every luxury brand I swatched tended to leave a stain behind. The eyeshadows took more than just a tissue to remove, and the lipsticks were so pigmented that they stained my hand after being on my hand for no more than an hour tops. What this tells me is that they are probably richer in pigmentation than the average lipstick. This doesn’t mean the lipstick will stay on your lips better necessarily, but I expect that it would fade less noticeably (especially deeper colors), since there would be a stain left behind.
What do I have to show for my experience? I purchased one lip gloss from Cle de Peau. With tax, it was just over $50. Because of the price tag, I feel it deserves its own write-up and entry, which I’ll post sometime later this week. I’ll leave you to guess what color family I went for!
Are you a fan of any of the luxury lines? Do you make regular purchases? Are you completely shocked?
You can read more about what products, brands, and the like I found at the store (plus more photos)… Continue reading →
Sarah shares this fun pink shadow look!
- MAC Strobe Cream
- MAC Prep and Prime Primer
- MAC Studio Mist (Medium)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder NC30
- MAC Springsheen
- MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl
- MAC Medallion (from LE Royal Assets Cool Eyes Pallette) ES
- MAC Wookwinked ES
- MAC Vanilla Pigment
- MAC Shadestick in Sharkskin
- MAC Fiberlash Mascara in All Black
- MAC Pleasureseeker LS (LE from New Scifi)
- MAC Plushglass LG in Angel Cream
Check out more photos! Continue reading →