Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Challenge: Warrior Women
We want to see YOU transform into a “Warrior Woman!” Challenge yourself by recreating or creating your own straight-from-scratch look that fits the theme “Warrior Women.” Submit your entry (or entries!) by May 24th to be included in this makeup challenge. Please submit all entries to [email protected]!
- You do NOT have to use MAC products. You can use any and all makeup, brands, products, etc. that you wish to achieve your look.
- Minimum of one photo required (either close-up or full-face); maximum of five photos will be used (but feel free to send more over if you want us to pick and choose)
- Photos must be a minimum of 500px wide and should reflect color accuracy and little to no blurriness
- Include a text description of the products used to achieve the look
- Find a simple background, like a solid color wall
- Take more photos rather than less — you can always delete the ones that didn’t work
- Macro mode for close-up photography is key
- Try layering a tissue over your flash if photos are overexposed
- Stand near a window for softer, more flattering light
- Use a tripod to keep photos sharp if your camera has shutterlag
I’m really eager to see your entries! So start getting fierce and send those babies in :) Check out these face charts for inspiration or pick one to recreate! Continue reading →
Benefit Posietint ($28.00) is a lip and cheek stain in a cool, bright pop of pink. The bottle feels very small, but this is a product where less is most definitely more! You need very little — just a little dot on each cheek, then blend either with fingers or a stippling brush (I love the 188 for all cream/liquid products). I do recommend applying cheek at a time, because you need to work fairly fast. If you’re new to liquid/cream cheek products, I implore you to start off slowly so you don’t end up with any splotchiness!
The color of Posietint does run a bit cool, but I still think it’s quite wearable for all skin tones, as I liked the soft, natural pinking it gave my cheeks. It was just perfect for that barely-there-flush to match with barely-there makeup. The color of the box (pictured above) is very much the color of the product itself (but you can compare with the swatch, too). With summer nearing, I start reaching for creamy blushes, because I use them as a base. I layer a cream blush on my cheeks after foundation, then apply a powder blush or powder highlight to set the cream blush. I set my whole face by applying translucent loose powder, and I find my makeup gets me through even the hottest days.
One great thing about Posietint is that you can build up the intensity of the stain, either on lips or on cheeks. Just keep layering and blending it onto cheeks (or lips!) to increase the color until you get to the level you desire. I’d say I like it more on cheeks than lips, but on lips it helps add more “natural” pink to my otherwise kind of muted-mauve-dead lips.
Oily skinned folks — this is less likely to slide around if you set it
Ladies on the go; super easy to apply
Work-safe looks, because it just gives you enhanced natural cheek color
Summerproof makeup — stays on longer than powder blushes, less likely to budge/smear
Have you tried Benefit’s Posietint? What did you think?
See it on! Continue reading →
Everything You Wanted to Know About MAC Cosmetics
Our Guide for the Newly Addicted has just about everything you wanted to know about all that is MAC. From the history of the brand to terminology and product basics, you’ll find it in this ten-part series.
Our MAC Must-Haves series features twenty-four posts of must-have goodness, and it is currently still a series-in-progress–which means we are still adding to it. Stay tuned!
Must-Haves: MAC Brushes
Must-Haves: MAC Eyeshadows
Must-Haves: MAC Glosses
Must-Haves: MAC Lipsticks
Must-Haves: MAC Face Products
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather swatches for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Swatches From 2009
- Blush Swatches (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Beiges/Tans (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Blues (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Browns (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Grays/Blacks/Silver (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Greens, Part 2 (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Highlighters (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Pinks (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Purples (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Teals (2009)
- Eyeshadow Swatches (Skin), Yellows (2009)
- Lipglass/Lustreglass/Plushglass Swatches (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Skin) (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 1 (2009)
- Lipstick Swatches (Paper), Part 2 (2009)
- Paint Pot Swatches (2009)
Swatches From 2007 (Oldies, but goodies — promise!)
These are particular posts where we have attempted to gather photos for a great number of shadows, not from specific collections, but more comprehensive in terms of products available or were available from the brand.
Product Photos From 2009
Product Photos From 2007
Again, oldies, but goodies — promise! I bet the majority of you never even knew these posts existed, because they were up when we only had a few readers! I really do urge you to check these posts out, because they contain hundreds of product photos of both limited edition and permanent products.
- Blush Product Photos (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Reds, Pinks (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Golds, Oranges, Yellows (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Blues, Teals, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Greens (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Purples, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 1 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Browns, Part 2 (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Neutrals (2007)
- Eyeshadow Product Photos – Grays/Blacks (2007)
- Lipglass Product Photos (2007)
- Lipstick Product Photos (2007)
- Mineralize Skinfinishes (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 1 (2007)
- Pigment Product Photos – Part 2 (2007)
8 Must-Have MAC (PRO) Pigments
About the Temptalia Must-Haves Series
A series of posts showcasing must-have products from MAC Cosmetics’ permanent line of products. Selections are based on quality, universality, uniqueness amongst the line, and the like. Limited edition shades are deliberately excluded to make buying easier. Readers’ comments act as a supplement to these lists of their favorites and must-haves. You can find the entire series here.
Pink Pearl pigment is a gorgeous duochrome pigment that is both fuchsia-pink and fuchsia-purple. Think Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow, but prettier, more pigmented, and brighter.
Kelly Green pigment is a bright pop of springy green. Perfect to add brightness to any look, and it works particularly well as a green base.
True Chatreuse pigment is a matte, yellow-y green. It’s like Bitter, but insanely better, because it’s a lot more pigmented and opaque.
Naval Blue pigment is a dark, navy blue with a bit of cobalt reflects in it. Very pretty and dark.
See four more must-have pigments! Continue reading →
What’s your ultimate pampering routine? How do you really indulge yourself?
Face masks, lotioning up from head to toe, bubble bath.