Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Bobbi Brown @ Rachel Roy
“Eyes are intense, covered in rich velvet…Scarlet and black create a modern smolder…” – Wendy Rowe for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
A 1930s Egyptian influence weaves together fashion and beauty at the Fall 2010 Rachel Roy Fashion Show. Peacock prints are lifted from feminine silhouettes and translated into bold, beautiful makeup. Iridescent “peacock feather” eyes gleam in denim and burgundy metallic shades from brow to lower lash line with a hint of aqua on inner corners, ultimately lined with a black kohl pencil. An even, dewy finish of the skin, softly defined pink cheek, and sheer beige lip allow the eyes to be the star of this show.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)
- Eyes: Blackberry Metallic Eye Shadow (Black Velvet, Fall ’10 $20) all over lid, Dark Rinse Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (Denim Rose Palette, Fall ’10 $60) in arch, Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Aqua ($22) in inner corner, Black Kohl Eye Pencil (Black Velvet, Fall ’10, $22), No Smudge Mascara ($22) on lashes
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Denim Rose Palette, Fall ’10 $60)
- Lips: Beige Lip Color ($22 each)
- Brows: Clean and slightly bleached
The Spring Season: Maybelline Warm Me Up Lipstick
Maybelline Warm Me Up (#235) Lipstick ($7.49) is a beautiful shade of slightly milky-medium pink with a yellow undertone. It has just a smidgen of shimmer and a very creamy look. It’s smooth, easy to apply, and wears well for a solid three to four hours. I love that it’s a full color coverage shade, too–it gives me a quick and easy, everyday pink that I can wear alone or with smoked out eyes. Maybelline’s ColorSensational Lipstick line is really impressive–the shades I’ve tried so far have been wearable, creamy, and pack good color pigmentation to boot. If you’ve been hoping for a more affordable yellow-based pink, this might be it!
Is this the perfect pink lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
MAC @ Peter Som
“The look was uptown girl meets Woodstock, a shimmery golden eye to contradict the deep, dark purple lip.” – Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Studio Sculpt Concealer – Applied over the eyelid. Set powder in invisible – Powdered over the eye area to set concealer. Pigment in with legal – Swept over the concealed eyelid from lash to brow and in the inner eye corner. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly applied to the inner eye corner and under the brow bone. Studio Fix Lash – Applied to top and bottom lash.
- Face: Studio Sculpt SPF Foundation – Applied all over the face. Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the skin to set the foundation for a matte finish. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed on cheekbones.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Currant – Lined around the natural shape of the mouth, for perfect lip definition. Lipstick in Kittenish – Applied all over lip with a MAC 242 brush. Mineralize Shadow Duo in my Dark Magic – Lightly applied over lipstick with fingertips.
What’s one makeup trend you just can’t get down with? Share!
The really vampy lip. Even though I really want to, I always feel ridiculous when I wear one!
Thanks to Sally for this question!
MAC @ Doo.ri
“This season we wanted to push it up – creating dramatic colour with a glam-rock inspired lip.” – Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the eyelids using fingertips MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the eyelid. After using Face and Body Foundation. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed all over eye area using a MAC 224 brush.
- Face: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the face and neck using fingertips to give a matte, light coverage. MAC Pro Sculpting Powder in Shadowy – Lightly brushed below the cheekbone using a MAC 116 brush to contour the cheeks. MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Lightly applied to the entire face to set.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Cherry – Lined around the edges of the lip. Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo – Dabbed over the entire lip for full coverage. MAC Pro Glitter in Turquoise – Gently brushed over the entire lip with a wet brush. MAC Pro glitter in 3D Silver – Applied to the center of the lip.
Bobbi Brown @ Elie Tahari
Tahari’s Fall 2010 collection is all about texture, and the makeup is no exception. Skin is velvety, soft and natural, with a dusting of blush on cheeks. Bronze and gold shadows are layered on eyes, reflecting metallic hues from the collection. Icy, shimmering lips add the final touch of glamour.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)Eyes: Sandy Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) and Chrome Eye Shadow in Gold on lower-lid, Bash Metallic Eye Shadow and Indigo Nights Metallic Eye Shadow as liner, Everything Mascara ($22)
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Lips: Ice Lilac Glitter Lip Gloss (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Brows: Natural