The Summer Season is a series of posts featuring bright, vibrant shades of coral, orange, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for a summer of fun — that runs through July 2010.
The Summer Season: Oranges & Glosses (April)
We’ve now taken a look at six vibrant shades of orange, along with four different glossy pinks!
- Bobbi Brown Orange Lipstick
- Dolce & Gabbana Sheer (13) Shine Lipstick
- Guerlain Giuliana Rouge G Lipstick
- MAC Morange Lipstick
- MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick
- Milani Mandarina Lipstick
- Chanel Venus (124) Glossimer
- Illamasqua Frenzy Lipgloss
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss
- Lancome Electric Pink La Laque Fever
What are your favorite orange lipsticks? Summer glosses?
The packaging is kind of a gunmetal silver-brown, very modern and sleek. It’s actually a swiveling compact, which is interesting. I like that the packaging is different and elegant, but I get the feeling that it obviously contributes a bit to the steeper cost of these.
Just to put things in perspective, MAC eyeshadows are $290/oz. and NARS eyeshadow duos at $228/oz. — with Hourglass at$190/oz.
The pricing may be off-putting for some, but if it’s within your budget, I’d urge you to at least give ’em a swatch at your nearest Sephora sometime. They just might impress you as they did me!
I’m quite pleased with the quality and feel of the duo–I really didn’t expect it–and I’d say these are some of the best eyeshadows I’ve tried, from the texture to the pigmentation to the colors themselves. I definitely have to look into some of the other duos and see how those stack up against Prism (totally crossing fingers that they are just as amazing!).
The Summer Season: Corals (April)
With April behind us, what better time to do a recap of the shades featured thus far in the Summer Season? Here are seven corals that are perfect for summer… More to come, of course!
- Cle de Peau #26 Lipstick
- gloMinerals Passion Fruit Lipstick
- Guerlain Gaby Rouge G Lipstick
- Illamsqua Brink Lipstick
- Korres #18 Peach Lipstick
- Korres #45 Coral Lipstick
- Urban Decay 5150 Lipstick
What are your favorites? Have you found any great corals lately?
I wish I didn’t have a final tomorrow morning. Wahh!
- Darphin gets the price right [Beaut.ie]
- Mary J. Blige and Carol’s Daughter on fragrance collabo [BellaSugar]
- Boo Boo Zap takes on tough zits [Makeup and Beauty Blog]
- Avoid Pop Beauty’s Eye Cakes [Lipglossiping]
- MAC Pearl vs. Hush CCB [theNotice]
- Muse weighs in on MUFE’s HD Blush [Musings of a Muse]
- NARS Summer doesn’t inspire [The Beauty Look Book]
- A beautiful CARGO palette [We Heart This]
- First thoughts on Topshop Makeup [Kiss and Makeup]