Bath & Body Works’ Semi-Annual Sale just started this morning! Happy shopping!
Do you believe that higher price means higher quality? Will your mileage vary from product-to-product (or brand-to-brand)?
I think it varies, and I don’t think it really scales 1:1 (or I suppose, dollar for dollar). For some products, you do get higher quality ingredients, less filler ingredients, etc. or “better” packaging.
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Favorite blue eyeshadow?: [answer]
Favorite blue liner?: [answer]
Favorite blue look?: [answer]
This is the look I wore to the Benefit breakfast yesterday (This is, obviously, before Benefit made me over!) I didn’t think something this simple would turn out this lovely!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Juxt eyeshadow (pastel green), Bottle Green eyeshadow (dark green), Prussian eyeshadow (dark blue), Soft Force eyeshadow (highlighter), Prescriptives Grotto Liner (green), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Margin blush (coral-pink)
- Lips: Brave New Bronze lipstick (pinky nude), Chanel Tangerine Dream (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Brave New Bronze = Honeylove
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the lid, pack Juxt eyeshadow on using the 239. Darken crease with Bottle Green eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Soft Force eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Prescriptives Grotto Liner on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Margin blush using the 129. Apply Brave New Bronze lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Tangerine Dream for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Kalie switched up MAC’s Fierce & Fabulous face chart — I love it when someone gets inspired and makes it their own!
I recreated the Fierce & Fabulous facechart. I did change it a bit by adding darker lips, darker more defined brows, and instead of a blush I just did a very intense contour of the face. I thought all of this would make the look more warrior-esque.
Get the Look
- Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC Chrome Yellow eyeshadow, MAC Wedge eyeshadow, MAC Vanilla pigment, Prestige white eyeliner, MAC Blacktrack fluidline, MUFE Smoky Lash mascara
- Face: Bobbi Brown invisible coverage foundation in Alabaster, MAC Strada blusher, MAC Vanilla pigment
- Lips: Benefit Ms. Behavin’ silky finish lipstick
See close-ups and more photos! Continue reading →
Go with the soft, summery BAHAMA BREEZES and get inspired by the ocean’s rolling waves and the glinting sun with shades of aqua and blue.
With an eyeshadow brush, apply a light aqua-blue all over the lid. In the middle third of the lid, lightly pat on a muted teal shade with a fluffy brush. On the outer third of the lid, blend a deep violet-blue shade with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Using a tapered crease brush, lightly blend the deep violet-blue shade into the crease Define the crease with a small, tapered crease brush and tap a dark, blue-black color to add depth. Highlight the brow bone with a soft yellowed highlighter shade, and then line upper/lower lash line (as desired) with a bright pop of aqua-teal. For complementing cheeks, try sunkissed cheeks by dusting a light touch of bronzer or a light tint of coral. Finish the look with lip colors in beiges, nudes, or corals for best results.
Check out some of our product recommendations by brand for getting this look!