Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
I picked up “It” Girl Lipstick by Lancome and a new tube of Chanel Exceptionnel mascara (lurve!) just yesterday while at Nordstrom!
Now… have at it!
What colors/shades complement your eye color the most? Share your favorites (and don’t forget to tell us your eye color!).
I have hazel eyes, and I feel like golds and greens really work well for me.
Thanks to Michele for this question!
Chanel Rouge Coco Debuts!
It’s official, Rouge Coco has launched. I did a sneak peek review last week with five of the shades, and I’m about to head out in a few to check out the rest of the line-up at my local Nordstrom just put up swatches of all thirty lipsticks now available. Exciting!
Rouge Coco ($30.00)
- Beige Felin (01)
- Perle (02)
- Secret (03)
- Cashmere (04)
- Mademoiselle (05)
- Egerie (06)
- La Pausa (08)
- Organdi Rose (09)
- Camelia (10)
- Legende (11)
- Muse (14)
- Ruban Rose (15)
- Taffetas Rose (16)
- Orchidee (17)
- Rouge Noir (18)
- Gabrielle (19)
- Rose Comete (20)
- Rivoli (21)
- Paris (22)
- Rouge Orage (23)
- Bel Respiro (24)
- Vendome (25)
- Venise (26)
- Talisman (27)
- Ballet Russe (29)
- Cambon (31)
- Sycomore (32)
- Bois des Iles (33)
- Satin (34)
- Lune Rousse (36)
If you don’t want to shop in-store, you can shop online for Rouge Coco at…
See swatches of the thirty lipsticks now available… Continue reading →
What’s the Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
MAC Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour: Jazz-Y-Razz, Night Rose, Lishious,
Boss Brown, Betwixt, Sappho
MAC Tabloid Beauty: Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolours only vary from the regular PLWs in one way: they have a shimmery gloss on the end. However, you can actually purchase replacement gloss ends (just alone), and you can always opt to swap it for the regular clear gloss or replace it with the shimmery one. I’d recommend the same application technique with these as I did in the previous post. Oh, and while I’m remembering, last I checked, you can B2M for these as well… (Hopefully, someone who has done B2M more recently than I–it’s been many months for me–can confirm or deny!)
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour ($21.00)
- Jazz-Y-Razz is a shimmery, almost frost finish shade of muted pinky-beige. MAC describes this shade as “dirty plum with pearl,” but I really didn’t see much plum in it myself. Despite its frostiness, it applies well and looks even on.
- Night Rose is a beautiful shade of rosy pink with a soft shimmer (which is emphasized by the shimmery gloss coat). This has always been one of my favorites, because it’s so wearable and looks good on a variety of skin tones.
- Lishious is a peachy-brown with champagne shimmer. It looks a little creamy once applied, but it has that shimmer to it as well.
- Boss Brown is a warmed-up brown with a copper/orange tone to it and gold shimmer. Nice, full color coverage.
- Betwixt is a coppery red with copper-bronze shimmer. This is a nice mix of red without being overwhelmingly red. It applies smoothly and gives opaque color.
- Sappho is a plummy berry that really doesn’t have much shimmer in its color coat, but the shimmery gloss coat adds it. This one blends really well with the lip, because it seems to meld with your natural lip color.
See more photos, swatches, & lip swatches! Continue reading →
Pro Longwear Lipcolour: Durashell, Clingpeach, Unchanging, For Keeps, Loyal;
Stuck on You, Passion Preserved, Lasting Lust, Perennial Rose, Commitment
MAC Tabloid Beauty: Pro Longwear Lipcolour Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
Tabloid Beauty is a “collection” of sorts, but all of the products included in the collection are permanent products. MAC is showcasing some of their products that have some stellar results that are scientifically proven (according to the website). I’m only reviewing and showcasing the Pro Longwears — also included in the launch is Penultimate Eye Liner ($16.50), Plushlash ($13.00), Prep + Prime Line Filler ($19.50), and Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone ($19.50) — all of which I’ve reviewed previously. Tabloid Beauty launches in-store on February 25th!
Though the Pro Longwears are permanent, since I’ve never done lip swatches for the majority before, I thought this was a good excuse to do so. Pro Longwears are one of the longest wearing lip products I’ve ever put on my lips. No, seriously. I could only manage to swatch four or five at a time, because they cling onto lips, which makes removal more grueling than typical lipstick/lipgloss. You’ll need an oil-based makeup remover to get this guy off, and you’ll likely want to blot and smear the oil-based makeup remover around to let it “sink” in and break down the product.
Pro Longwears are really great… once you know how to apply them.
A half hour before you apply, slather on lip balm, then blot off prior to application. I like to apply from the tube using the included doe-foot applicator and start on the bottom lip, smoosh lips together gently, then round out the top lip color. You have to be patient and use a steady hand, because this stuff dries fast and doesn’t budge after it dries, so you need to make sure to stay inside your natural lip line.
Next, let your mouth hang open a bit to dry. I like to wait about a minute to a minute and a half for it dry. After all of that, top with gloss. You’ll need to reapply the gloss every few hours as that part will fade away–the lip color itself stays on pretty well. It will breakdown if you eat really greasy/oily food, but it holds up decently through that, in my experience.
Just for clarity, I purchased 10 of the 16 featured here (six were press samples). I’m actually going to bestow most of these on my Mom as a little surprise gift when I see her next! (She loves PLWs–her favorite is Night Rose!) Also, for reference, if you purchase during the Tabloid Beauty collection is up (and “while supplies last”), they come in specially printed sleeves (they slip around the normal black box packaging).
Pro Longwear Lipcolour ($21.00)
- Durashell is a milky pink with a golden, frosty sheen. Application with Durashell wasn’t as smooth or even as the other shades–it has a tendency to emphasize every flaw on your lips and can look a little streaky since it’s not quite as opaque as the other shades as well.
- Clingpeach is a peach shimmered coral. This is one of my favorites, because it applies evenly and is totally opaque.
- Unchanging is a pinky-nude with icy pink shimmer that looks pretty creamy once applied.
- For Keeps is a reddened berry with multicolored shimmer. It has full color coverage and doesn’t settle into lip lines as much as some of the other shades.
- Loyal is a milky-looking browned nude with no real shimmer. It looks creamier once you apply the gloss on top.
- Stuck on You is a beautiful shade of berry-red with a gilded gold sheen. This one is such a stunning shade–you have to check it out in person to really see how it glows.
- Passion Preserved is a brownish red with a little plum thrown in. It has a very creamy, opaque look when applied.
- Lasting Lust is a retina-burning creamy red. It’s almost a neutral red, but it seems to lean orange-red just a smidgen. Super bright, opaque, and lush. This is a show-stopping red for sure. (Though, to be honest, Perpetuate is/was my favorite red PLW.)
- Perennial Rose is a subdued, rosy red with golden shimmer. This has a shimmer, frost feel in the finish, but it still goes on opaque.
- Commitment is a reddened brown with gold shimmer. It’s a very intense, bold shade when worn. It’s dark, vampy, and dare I say it? sultry!
Love or hate Pro Longwears? What are your favorites?
See more photos, swatches, & lip swatches! Continue reading →