Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Bobbi Brown Customize. Simplify. Organize System
Foundation Stick Compact (Limited Edition) ($22.00)
- Available in 20 different shades, including 3 new shades – Cool Beige, Natural Tan, & Warm Honey
Lip Quads (Limited Edition) ($20.00)
- Rose Quad (Peony, Brownie, Tulle, Roseberry)
- Pink Quad (Pink Cloud, Soiree Pink, Pink Beige, Pastel Pink)
- Coral Quad (True Beige, Coral Pink, Guava, Ball)
Shimmer Blush ($22.00)
See more images… Continue reading →
Best Powder Foundation? What product wins this category?
This look is from last week — March 30th, to be exact — so still pretty much prior to getting hit with the nasty cold bug. I did a look this morning, and would you believe that it’s a similar look to this? I was like, “Geez, I finally put on makeup while I’m sick, and I end up doing the same thing!!” It was a little frustrating My wiggle-worm (aka Mellan) keeps wiggling onto my lap insisting I stop posting and get to feeding him, LOL. Hope your Saturday is filled with as much laughter as mine has started off with!
P.S. – If my face seems lighter than my body, it’s likely more an issue of SPF and reflection with flash photography (which is why I always advocate skipping SPF for any special occasion photography!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Rose Blanc eyeshadow (soft white-gold), Going Bananas eyeshadow (bright yellow), Texture eyeshadow (medium red-brown), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper penny), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude), Dior Coral Riviera blush (soft coral)
- Lips: Sci-fi Delity lipstick (raspberry), Chanel Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss (shimmery pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon; Going Bananas = Bright Sunshine; Sci-fi Delity = New York Apple
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. On the inner lid, apply Rose Blanc eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Going Bananas eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Texture eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Texture eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Rose Blanc eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lucky Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 129, then highlight with Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 188. Apply Sci fi Delity lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Black Opal Papaya Gentle Body Exfoliator ($6.95) is a great drugstore body scrub that you can find at a lot of your local retailers. I saw it at Wal-Mart (that’s the closest “drugstore” to me at the moment), actually. It caught my eye because it smells like tropical paradise to me–which I suppose is a mix of papaya, pineapple, mango, etc. All I know is whenever I use this in the shower, I feel like I’m getting ready for a lazy, summery day spent at the beach. (Of course, I’m not really, but it’s a nice way to wake up!) It uses papaya enzymes as a natural exfoliator and brightener, so it’s extremely gentle and can be used a few times a week.
Do you match your makeup to your clothes? How do you coordinate the two?
I am matchy-matchy, and I don’t care if the rules say you shouldn’t!
Question courtesy of Julie!
It’s fun to go back in time and look at how you’ve improved. One thing I really like about looking at looks I did a long time ago is to see what color combinations I used. Sometimes I still find some that I like! Case in point, even though my style has evolved from the presentation in this look, I am digging the this shade of green with the blue — and I like the blue on the waterline. Why didn’t I note what liner I used? Boo @ me. This look is from January 2006, just to give y’all a frame of reference. It’s over three years later, so hey — like I always tell people, practice, practice, practice!
Used: Golden Olive pigment, Lucky Green e/s in inner lid, Swimming e/s in middle of lid, Humid e/s on outer lid, Velvet Moss e/s on outer lid, Deep Truth e/s in crease, Juxt e/s from crease to brow, and Say Yeah! e/s on brow.
See two more close-ups… Continue reading →