Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection for Fall 2009
Creamy Eye Pencil
- Brown Plum
- Coral Pink
- Raisin Berry
- Dusty Nude
- Wild Rose
Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Golden Leaf Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
- Bash Metallic Eye Shadow
Availability: August 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
I’m really happy with the way this turned out, particularly how the photos themselves came out, ha! Forgive me for being a bit lazy on the looks-front. I’m trying to be better, but that laziness is just so hard to kick! The 30 Days of Make Up For Ever project is definitely a motivator, though!
For those wondering, you can purchase Make Up For Ever at Sephora.com.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder (springy green base), Make Up For Ever #304 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow-green), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (matte aqua-green), Make Up For Ever #168 Eyeshadow (shimmery teal), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte blue), MAC Nylon eyeshadow (yellow-gold highlighter), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: MAC Overrich lipstick (pinky-coral), Make Up For Ever #403 Gloss (sheer orange-coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #910 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #304 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #93 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #168 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep MAC Nylon eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply 12L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #304 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply MAC Overrich lipstick to lips, and then top with #403 Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush
MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Brush ($34.00) is a flat-topped, circula brush with a blend of goat and synthetic fibres. This is a smaller version of the larger and pricier 187. Both brushes are ideal for softer, more controlled application that allows you to build-up color and intensity through layers rather than diffusing color from the get-go. I actually prefer the 188 for creamy blushes and highlighters, because the small size allows me to apply it exactly where I want it and nowhere else. I can then use the blush to blend it outwards if necessary, but I never apply or have too much when I use this brush.
If you’re on a budget, I’d probably recommend the 188 over the 187, just because it is about eight dollars cheaper, and I think they’re both incredibly useful. However, the 188 is smaller, so it allows you to do things the 187 can’t. You can do many (if not all) the things the 187 can do with the 188–just some things might take you a minute or two longer (e.g. foundation), because it is a bit smaller.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
What’s your favorite scent for lipgloss? Vanilla? Cherry? Unscented?
I like vanilla or strawberry!
Don’t miss out on the Make Up For Ever coverage!
Worst Mascara? What product wins this category?