Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
This Week’s Beauty Report: Saturday, April 3rd, 2010
- Sephora beauty insiders will save 15% from April 12th-19th — so make sure you sign up, but we’ll remind you come the 12th So, consider this a heads up to save up! The code will be BI15. It is also valid in-store, but you will need the coupon and be a Beauty Insider (free to sign-up).
- For Sephora V.I.B.s (aka you spent $350+/year), you should receive a postcard with a coupon for 15% off your entire purchase April 8th through the 19th. You can also shop online and use promo code V48ML6. Inside the postcard is also a coupon for a friend, but it’s only valid on April 8th (the Bring-a-Friend Shopping Event).
- Are you the world’s first reality hair star? Pantene is holding a contest where you can upload a video and America will vote to choose a winner. 12 semi-finalists will be flown to NYC for an in-person test shoot in may.
- Darphin wants you to share your favorite $50 luxury! For every tip shared, a donation will be made to the IDEAL Providence Farms, and the donations will help to purchase school supplies for children in Ghana. On April 21st, the 50 most creative entries will win a preview of Darphin’s $50 luxury–a full-size Hydraskin Essential. One grandprize winner will win a NYC Spa getaway!
- St. Tropez just launched its Wash Off Collection, which includes Wash Off Face ($15), Wash Off Body ($18), and Wash Off Mousse ($22.50). You’ll get that summery bronze sans the sun that washes off with soap and water at the end of the night.
- Dior releases Ultra Gloss ($26.50) in eighteen different shades! PSST! Addicted to Dior is (at least, partially!) available on Nordstrom’s website… but you have to hunt around a bit.
- Kiehl’s Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist is now specially packaged with a limited edition label as designed by either Jeff Koons, Malia Jones, Julianne Moore, or Pharrel Williams in honor of Earth Month. 100% of net proceeds (amounting to $200,000) will be raised worldwide to benefit Rainforest Alliance with this collection. To support the project, celebrity photographer David LaChapelle will capture each personality in his unique style.
Win a Set of MAC Pearlglide Eyeliners from Art Supplies!
One (1) lucky winner will receive a set of six MAC Pearlglide Eyeliners! (Retail value $87!)
- Designer Purple
- Petrol Blue
- Almost Noir
- Black Line
RULES: All entries must be submitted by April 7th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with the winner once the winner confirms.
Two Ways to Win
You can do one, the other, or both to maximize your chances of winning…
1.) Leave a comment on this blog post telling me which Pearlglide shade is your favorite.
2.) Follow me on Twitter & RT the following: “RT @temptalia Follow @temptalia & RT to win a set of MAC Pearlglide Eyeliners! Details: http://tinyurl.com/winpearlglides
Congratulations to Sara A.!
Urban Decay’s Summer Pocket Rockets: Max & Colin
Urban Decay’s Pocket Rocket Lip Glosses ($19.00 for 0.27 oz.) are non-sticky, thick enough to be moisturizing but thin enough not to feel heavy, and have a burnt caramel scent (well, creme brulee, officially). I’ve always found the Pocket Rockets to be a little gimmicky for my taste, but the formula is really cushy–it gives lips a slightly plumper, fuller look (without actually plumping).
After reviewing a fair amount of Urban Decay lip products, I’ve noticed that there’s a definite debate on whether the scent of their lip products is yay or nay. It doesn’t bother me, but if you’re sensitive or particular about your scents, you may want to give these a sniff in-store before purchasing.
- Max is a semi-opaque pinky-nude cream with a glossy finish. Since it’s creamy and pale, it does settle a bit into lip lines, but it’s not too bad.
- Colin is almost like a coral-red that applies sheerly for the most part, but it does add quite a bit of red to your pucker. It kind of looks like you’ve been eating cherries and slicked some gloss on afterward. I found it did fall into my lip lines a tad, but again, from a normal viewing distance, it’s not a big deal. I did, however, think this one tended to give my lips a more splotchy look–I think the color may not work for me so much!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 26/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love the idea of a gloss that also features a half-naked man, you might get a kick out of Urban Decay’s Pocket Rockets. There’s a nice non-sticky and moisturizing gloss that comes along with the near-nude model, too!
Availability: Urban Decay
What’s the best eyeshadow combination you’ve come upon this week? Share!
Dior Crush Glow with the pink, gold, coral, and mauve!
MAC Nudes Collection (PRO) & Chromagraphic Pencils for Summer 2010
U.S. Launch Date: May 13th, 2010 @ PRO Stores Only
Lip Erase ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Pale Flesh tone NC 27 Shade (Matte) (PRO)
- Dim Flesh tone NC37 Shade (Matte) (PRO)
Chromagraphic Pencil ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- NC15/NW20 Flesh tone NC15/NW20 shade (Matte) (PRO)
- NW25/NC30 Flesh tone NW25/NC30 shade (Matte) (PRO)
- NC42/NW35 Flesh tone NC42/NW35 shade (Matte) (PRO)
Pro Longlash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Barelash Flesh tone shade for brow and lash (PRO)
Pigment ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Naked Fleshy beige with pearlized pigments (PRO)
- Naked Dark Medium beige with pearlized pigments (PRO)
- Naked Deep Dark Dark beige with pearlized pigments (PRO)
Chromagraphic Pencils ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Basic Red Primary Red (Matte) (PRO)
- Genuine Orange Bright orange (Matte) (PRO)
- Primary Yellow Bright clean yellow (Matte) (PRO)
- Landscape Green Lush bright green (Matte) (PRO)
- Marine Ultra Bright naval blue (Matte) (PRO)
- Rich Purple Dense purple (Matte) (PRO)
- Black Black Deepest black (Matte) (PRO)
- Pure White Whitest white (Matte) (PRO)
- Hi-Def Cyan Cyan blue (Matte) (PRO)
- Process Magenta Matte magenta (Matte) (PRO)
Thanks to the lovely Emily for details!
MAC Mineralize Eye Shadows for Summer 2010 & Pigments at Counters!
As part of MAC’s permanent Mineralize unit, they switch out the mineralize products from time to time. They will switch in different Mineralize Eyeshadows (all previously released) as of April 29th, 2010, while Pigments will become a permanent part of counters on June 10th.
Mineralize Eye Shadow ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Pink Split Rose with bronze and pale blue veining/Pink with gold pearlized pigments (Frost)
- Fresh Green Mix Golden Olive with blue, gold, and aqua veining/Lime mono (Frost)
- Play On Plums Peachy gold with pink and bronze veining/Bronzed burgundy (Frost)
- Sea & Sky Silvery pale blue with deep blue and silver veining/Bright blue mono (Frost)
- Odd Couple Warm gold with lavender and bronze veining/Purple mono (Frost)
- Illusionary/Burning Ambition Pale gold with icy shimmer/Sinfully rich coco (Frost)
Pigments on Counter & Freestanding ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Antique Green (MAC Stores ONLY)
- Bright Fuchsia (MAC Stores ONLY)
- Blue Brown
- Copper Sparkle
- Corn Flower
- Dark Soul
- Full Force Violet
- Golden Lemon
- Golden Olive
- Magenta Madness
- Neo Orange
- Old Gold
- Rose Gold
Thanks to the lovely Emily for all the details! )