Aveda @ Richard Chai NYFW Fall 2012
AVEDA was backstage creating the look at Richard Chai this past week. Hair styled by Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda at Richard Chai autumn winter 2012 show is inspired by Matt Dillon in Drugstore Cowboy and Chet Baker – well-groomed gets a tousle. “Richard’s collection incorporates disproportionate tailoring,” says Kevin Ryan. “The hair – like the clothing – is deconstructed. The overall style starts out looking very tidy, but the finish disturbs the original styling, like you’ve pulled a sweater off over your head.”
- Section the hair from ear to ear at the flat of the crown, securing the bottom half with a clip.
- Spray the top section from root to midshaft with a generous amount of Aveda Volumizing Tonic.
- Blowdry the Tonic in the top section with a fine-toothed comb or Mason Pearson brush, creating lift at the root, up and away from the face and hairline.
- Work Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay into the hair from root to mid-length with a Mason Pearson brush. Hair should be slightly textured throughout – use Aveda Air Control Hair Spray or Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion to add texture, if needed.
- Follow with a quarter-sized dollop of Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade emulsified in the hands and raked in, using fingers to comb through.
- Comb hair back and away from face with a side-parting on the left. Secure with clips and let set while finishing makeup.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, reverse the style by combing forward for a tousled, random finish. Saturate the hair at the sides of the face with Brilliant Spray-On Shine and comb backwards, then run fingers through for added texture over the ear.