Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
shu uemura Primitribe Collection for Fall 2009
Check out what shu uemura has in store for us this fall!
Painting Liner ($24.00)
- Citrine Bright sunshine yellow
- Spinel Medium pink
- Turquoise Bright aqua-blue
Pressed Eyeshadows ($20.00)
- M Beige 800
- M Beige 802
- M Beige 804
Primal Color Stick
- Blazed Gold
- Misty Grove
- Night Maroon
- Rich Earth
Primal Mix Eyelashes
Primal Mix Blush
Rouge Unlimited ($23.00)
Availability: August 2009
See more images… Continue reading →
What hair styling tools do you use on a regular basis? Share!
None on a regular basis, actually! The closest to regular would be a hair dryer.
Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow
More blues?! Indeed!
- #159 is a deep shade of cobalt blue. It’s almost like a blue meshed with violet. It’s absolutely stunning, and I’d consider it a must-have if you ever have an inkling to venture into blue (or you’re already in love). It’s extremely pigmented, smooth to the touch, and goes like a dream.
- #167 is a shimmery, water-blue. It’s soft, pigmented, and has a nice sheen. It reminded me a lot of MAC’s Freshwater eyeshadow, actually.
- #72 is a matte, bright medium blue. Sephora describes it as a turquoise, but I definitely don’t think there’s much turquoise, if *any* in it. It reminded me a lot of MAC’s Electric Eel eyeshadow, but not as bright–a little more toned down.
- #118 is a light, sky blue. It’s really almost like a robin’s egg blue, actually. It has a matte finish, and it feels smooth and buttery. I’ve always been on the hunt for a good matte sky blue like this one.
- #150 is a soft, pearly light blue with just a touch of silver sheen to it. It’s like a bluer version of MAC’s Surreal eyeshadow — and a lot less frosty. This is one of the better textures and pay off I’ve had with the brand’s shimmery shadows.
Which of these are your favorites?
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
I’ve heard it is available in some stores locally, and you can always see if you can find a store nearby to pick-up at (order online, pick-up in store, y’know!), but nothing showed up in my area unfortunately.
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 189 Face Brush
MAC 189 Face Brush ($40.00) is a flat, paddle-shaped brush with rounded edges. It is made out of synthetic fibres, which makes it good for both powder and more emollient products. This was originally launched with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, and I will say I do like it with it. I really like this brush for applying pressed powders to the face, and I also like it when applying creamy products like a moisturizer or a cream blush as more of a highlighter or if I want more precision. Typically, though, I use it mostly for pressed powders. It’s a very soft, dense brush. It feels heavier than some of MAC’s other face brushes, and it feels fairly firm. There’s definitely no fluffiness to it, but the softness makes for easy blending as necessary.
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Odd Bits Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1)MAC Odd Bits Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what your favorite way to wear gray eyeshadow is.
All entries must be submitted by July 18th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations Portia A.! Thank you for participating!