Philosophy Hot Buttered Rum Shower Gel ($16.00 for 16 oz.) is a rich, buttery scent of caramel and sweetness; it’s a little sweeter than butterscotch but has the same sweetness of syrup without being overwhelming. It’s a very foodie scent, but it has quickly become one of my favorite holiday scents from Philosophy this year.
Philosophy Shower Gels are one of my personal favorites for body washes, because they come in an assortment of scents, with new ones each season. They lather up well and leave skin feeling clean without any tightness or dryness. I wouldn’t call these a moisturizing body wash nor do their scents linger. If you prefer your body wash to leave behind a long-lasting scent, these won’t be for you, but if you like to enjoy the scent while you shower but don’t want it to linger beyond, then these are perfect. (I belong to the latter category!) I don’t find them to lather quite as well in the hair, and they work in a pinch to clean hair, but I prefer many other shampoos over this one. It does, however, work well as a bubble bath, too–a little goes a long way.
Welcome to Swatch-all-idays! To start 2011 off on the right foot (or post, as it may be!), Temptalia is going through a backlog of products we have photographed, swatched, and often tested but in a slightly different manner. Quick reviews may be partially incomplete, such as a blush may only be swatched on the arm rather than shown on the face. It is our hope that what we are able to provide is still helpful!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
MAC Mickey Contractor Look
This was a super quick look I threw together to test out the new Mickey Contractor collection (as well as have some something on for taking blush and lip swatches!). You can see how Ivy is sheer on the first pass!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Jaan Eyeshadow (softened orange-tinged brown), MAC Vivah Eyeshadow (dark brown with gold sparkle), MAC Folie Eyeshadow (red-tinged brown), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, MAC Ivy Fluidline (green), Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner (black) Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Burberry Pressed Powder (03)
- Cheeks: MAC Sur Blush (neutral pink-brown)
- Lips: MAC Yash Lipstick (peachy nude), MAC Lust Lipglass (rosy nude)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 263 (angled eyeliner brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Jaan = Soft Brown; Vivah = Sable; Ivy = Urban Decay Graffiti; Perversion = Feline, Zero; Sur = Prism; Yash = Velvet Teddy
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Jaan eyeshadow on the inner two-thirds of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Vivah eyeshadow on the outer corner of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Folie into the crease with the 222, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Perversion eyeliner on the lower lash line and Ivy fluidline on the upper lash line. Apply Jaan eyeshadow on lower lower lash line to brighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sur blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Yash lipstick topped with Lust lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
What’s the Best Daily Moisturizer…?
What brand/product wins this category? What’s your skin type?
Thanks to Leila for today’s topic!