Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Yesterday, you all were shocked at how much makeup I brought with me to Hawaii. Now, let me share with you some lessons I learned about traveling when it comes to lugging your beauty goodies with you!
- Decide ahead of time. Think about where you’re going, what you think you may be doing, and whether you need lots of makeup or virtually none. When I go for a few days, I don’t bring much along – I think about one or two looks I want to do, and then I just take those products. If I can, I’ll use a pigment as a base, but make it one that is versatile and gives me two different “effects” depending what I overlay it with. Most people aren’t compulsive and need to do their best to not repeat looks, so this can help you save space!
- Carry-on when possible. Face it, makeup is easily stolen–especially high end makeup. Whenever you can, it’s a better idea to pack your beauty loot in your carry-on (that goes for any valuables you’d hate to lose!). I love the carry-on sized suitcases! They actually hold a fair amount of stuff, and you can toss it in the overhead bin. Mine is expandable, should I need extra room and have to check it
- Travel and sample containers make life easier! With the ban on oversized liquids, getting some empty travel-sized bottles and jars can help you maximize your space. I don’t need a 12 fl. oz container of cleanser for a week long trip! MAC has several jars and bottles available, and they won’t hurt your wallet.
- Streamline your routine for shorter trips. So maybe you have a special AM and PM routine – can you streamline it in a way that won’t cause consequences (like a major breakout)? Maybe your AM cream can double as your PM cream for a few days. Can your eyebrow highlighter work as a cheek highlighter?
Hold on, I still have four more tips to share! Continue reading →
For our next giveaway in our Summer of Fun Giveaways, beauty isn’t just skin deep. It can be FOR THE HOME…
- Gianna Rose Atelier Gift Set
This prize package is worth $25.00! To enter to win, leave a comment telling me what your decorating style is, and make sure to use an accurate e-mail address (this is how we contact you if you win!) by August 27th, 9PM PST. Remember, there are ways to increase your chances to win, so make sure you find out how (and read additional rules).
What’s the biggest makeup mess you’ve made? Spill your favorite limited edition pigment into the sink? Shatter your favorite shadow? Lost your entire traincase?
Eyes: Clinique Touch Tint in Natural Suede as a base, MAC Brule e/s all over lid up to browbone, Clinique eyeshadow duo in Chocolate Kiss (the lighter shade to deepen on the lid), MAC Brown Script e/s for the crease, Flirt Look of Love liner in Sugar Pie (solid white on the bottom waterline), Lancome Definicils mascara in Noir (with the Definicils primer)
Face: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC45, touch of MAC blush in Raizin
Lips: Cover Girl lipliner in Cafe, Lancome Color Design lipstick in Vintage rose, Ulta shimmer lipstick in Snowflake for the frosty look, dab of Clinique Full Potential Gloss in Blackberry Bloom in the center
I’m sure most of us have a problem of overpacking, right? I’m no exception! I took far more makeup to Hawaii than I needed to! In total, I took about 115 products/items with me that were beauty-related (this doesn’t include sunscreen!).
And of all of that, I didn’t use…
- Mystery kohl power
- UD Yeyo 24/7 Liner
- Red Flame/Orange Flicker
- Red Romp
- Fashionably Fuchsia
- Queen’s Sin
- Wild ‘Bout You
I have to say… that is pretty good, right?
Read on to see what I brought! Continue reading →
What’s your beauty like when you’re under the weather? Sick or just down in the dumps, do you still reach for all of your morning makeup?