Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Guerlain Brit Rouge G de Brilliant Lipstick
The Spring Season: Guerlain Brit Rouge G de Brilliant Lipstick
Guerlain Brit (B40) Rouge G Le Brillant Lipstick ($46.00) is a softened coral-orange with a rich, glossy sheen and subtle gold shimmer. As I mentioned in my review of a few shades of Rouge G Le Brilliant, the formula is smooth, glossy, lightweight, and moisturizing. It feels almost like a lipstick-gloss hybrid on lips, and the color is sheer but not ultra sheer.
You get enough color pay off, but it’s sheer enough that those with more pigmented lips will find more variation in how these shades look on their lips. Brit lasts around three or four hours on me, as compared to the original Rouge G line-up that lasts an average of five hours.
I love this kind of color for spring, though. It’s a pop of color without being bright or overwhelming and can be worn alone with just mascara or paired with a heavier eye look.
Is this the right coral lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: NOTHING! WOOOOO! I can’t recollect anything beauty-wise, so I’m going to run with it and celebrate buying nothing!
Excited for: a weekend where I don’t (technically) have anything major due or need to study for. FINALLY! It’s freakin’ BEAUTIFUL here in California–today is supposed to be near 80 degrees. It was gorgeous yesterday, ahh!!
Now… have at it!
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of KAO Brands. All opinions are 100% mine.
Enter to win a weekend in Las Vegas in Kao Brands’ (which include Biore, Curel, Jergens, to name a few) Temptation is Beautiful sweepstakes! Every day, one beauty basket prize will be awarded filled with Kao Brands’ products (with a retail value of $75). The grand prize is a 3 day/2 night trip to Las Vegas for you and three of your friends (includes transportation and hotel), plus $1,500 in spending cash.
- Grand Prize: A fabulous Las Vegas trip, including transportation and accommodations, for you and three friends, plus $1,500 spending money so you can live it up and make it the most memorable 3 days and 2 nights of your lives!
- Daily Prize: Pamper yourself with an indulgent Gift Basket containing Curél®, Jergen’s®, Bioré®, Ban®, and John Frieda® products. We’re giving away a basket a day for 60 days; so don’t forget to enter everyday for your chance to win!
To be eligible for this sweepstakes, please make sure you’re a U.S. resident and 21 years of age or older. You can read the official rules here.
To enter, simply head on over to the contest. You can enter once per day for the beauty basket, plus those entries will also count towards the grand prize. You can also receive a bonus entry by taking the Temptation is Beautiful’s Temptation Quiz. For two additional entries, you can share your quiz results on Twitter or Facebook!
For fun, I took the Temptation quiz, and my “Temptress Teperature” is JUST RIGHT (kind of makes me giggle!) — what’s yours?
Are there any colors (makeup-wise) that you avoid? Share!
Mustard-y yellows and some oranges. I am not a big fan of orange on my lips!
Thanks to Dolce Aria for this question!
Bright Makeup: So Blue, So, So, Blue!
I thought about doing a mix of blue and some other color (was leaning towards purple), but then I thought, “It’s been awhile since I’ve done *all* blue, hasn’t it?” and then this was created. The blues I used almost look like they’re glowing in the close-up photos, which is kind of cool!
Don’t be afraid of color — try it at home! If you don’t love it, you can always wash it off. Also a must? Make funny faces in the mirror if you’re not comfortable with wearing those bright colors. It should be fun, so have fun!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Clear Sky Blue Pigment (PRO) (matte sky blue as a base), MAC Sky Blue Eyeshadow (PRO) (sky blue), MAC Winkle Eyeshadow (matte powder blue), MAC Electric Eel Eyeshadow (matte bright blue), MAC Atlantic Blue Eyeshadow (brightened dark blue), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (blue), Milani Liquif’Eye Silver Eyeliner (silver), MAC Blue Herizon Liquidlast Liner (blue), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Setting Powder
- Cheeks: MAC Prim & Proper Blush (pink-nude)
- Lips: MAC Peachstock Lipstick (peach-nude), MAC Frankly Fresh Lipglass (peach-nude)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Prim & Proper = Tenderling; Frankly Fresh = C-Thru
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Clear Sky Blue pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Sky Blue eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Winkle eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Electric Eel eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. With the 219, apply Atlantic Blue eyeshadow into the crease, and then use the 226 to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant eyeliner on the outer lower lash line with Silver eyeliner on the inner lash line, then Atlantic Blue eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. On the upper lash line, apply Blue Herizon liquidlast liner and smudge with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow and the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Prim & Proper blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Peachstock lipstick first, and then layer Frankly Fresh lipglass for a complementing lip.
What’s the Best Curling Iron…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?