Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Bobbi Brown Chrome Collection for Holiday 2009
For the holiday season, Bobbi Brown has you covered with a masterpiece of colors and shades in a new, limited edition palette.
For the eyes:
- White Eye Shadow White Eye Shadow
- Polar Ice Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
- Storm Cloud Sparkle Eye Shadow
- Iron Eye Shadow
- Thunder Metallic Eye Shadow
- Moonlight Sparkle Eye Shadow
- Cyber Grey Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
- Foil Metallic Eye Shadow
- Chrome Metallic Eye Shadow
- Charcoal Haze Eye Shadow
For the lips:
- Pink Mist Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Winter Bronze Glitter Lip Gloss
- Berry Glitter Lip Gloss
- Chrome Pink Shimmer Lip Gloss
Chrome Lip Color
- Port Lip Color
- Chrome Metallic Lip Color
- Plum Pearl Metallic Lip Color
Availability: October 2009.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Haunting Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Haunting Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what you like most about MAC’s latest collection.
All entries must be submitted by August 30th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win…
For a total of four chances! Just remember you must leave a comment on this post to get entered initially. Please be sure to use a valid e-mail address.
2. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
3. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
4. Join our Forums! (please include your Forum user name OR use the same e-mail address.)
Congratulations Lisa P.! Thank you for participating!
When don’t you wear makeup? What makes you not wear makeup during those times?
I usually wear little to zero makeup when I run super quick errands – like grabbing take out or picking up just one or two items at the store!
Thanks to reader MC for today’s question!
MAC DSquared Collection – Promotional Images
Here are product photos and promotional imagery for the upcoming launch in October!
Continue reading →
Worst Lip Stain? What brand/product wins this category?
Givenchy Velvet Purple, Glamorous Fuchsia, Lilac Confession, Capricious Pink
Givenchy’s Latest Lip Gloss Launch
Givenchy Gloss Interdit Ultra-Shiny Color Plumping Effect ($24.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a new product launch by Givenchy which features twelve shades of the new lip gloss. I tried out four of those twelve shades, and I gotta say, I like the new formula!
- Velvet Purple is a semi-sheer berry-burgundy shade with subtle shimmer and lots of glossy sheen.
- Glamorous Fuchsia is a semi-opaque, medium bubblegum pink that goes on more creamy in finish and look but still has lots of glossiness.
- Lilac Confession is a semi-opaque, medium pink laced with lightly cooled lilac with a frosty shimmer finish.
- Capricious Pink is semi-sheer, light shimmery pinky-beige shade that goes on more sheerly and more of a muted, light pink, which is a bit different compared to the swatch (which is more of a bright pinky-coral).
The gloss does lightly plump up lips, but there is no noticeable burn/tingle that is often associated with lip plumping products. (Trust me, I am no fan of that lip plumping tingle.) It’s a medium-thick, non-sticky gloss that can be semi-sheer to more opaque, depending on the shade chosen. Glamorous Fuchsia and Lilac Confession both had good pigmentation, while Velvet Purple was most certainly noticeable, it still appeared as more of a sheer gloss. Capricious Pink had the least color pay off of the four, but that is the nature of lighter lip glosses.
I find that these wear for four or five hours with minimal fading, and they don’t leave behind any residue when they do fade away after eating/drinking. They’re also moisturizing and feel really lovely on your lips–lightweight and not thick or tacky. They’re a bit pricey relative to other brands’ lipglosses, but the price is right in line with what I’d expect from Givenchy.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 7/10
Recommendation: Lipgloss lovers will likely enjoy this new formula, and if you want some fuller lips… even better. The way the gloss looks helps to further amp up your natural lip shape, too. A wee bit pricey for some, but if it’s within your budget or you feel like splurging… not a bad choice!
See product photos, swatches, and lip swatches… Continue reading →