Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 1
For fall, China Glaze is bringing back the shades of the 70s for your polishing pleasure. Twelve shades with metallic-y finishes, soft shimmer, and lots of deep hues. Here are six of the twelve, with the second set to follow shortly! Of these six, my favorites were Short & Sassy, Stella, and Stroll.
- Far Out is a warm-toned caramel brown with golden-bronze shimmer. It applies evenly and is opaque in about one medium thick coat or two thin-to-medium coats.
- Short & Sassy is a gorgeous, rich burgundy-red-wine with low shimmer. It’s a rich shade of garnet, which definitely makes it a perfect hue for the cooler fall season.
- Stella is a purple wine shade with fuchsia-pink shimmer. It applies easily and streak-free with either two thin or medium thick coats.
- Stroll is a mostly opaque strawberry-jelly shade of red with golden shimmer weaved through it. I really loved the color itself, but I found application a bit more finnicky, so more precise, clean application is a must.
- Drive In is a fiery red with orange glimmer that really does remind mem of the way fire looks at night. Very pretty!
- Free Love is a bright shade of orange with just a touch of brownish-red in it that keeps it from being too bright. I love the flecks of orange shimmer in it.
See more swatches… Continue reading →
If you were using MAC Pollinator Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What’s your eyeshadow application technique like? Describe the process you go through for a typical look!
Just read any of my looks’ how-to part, ha! That’s how I do it
Temptalia Gives Away Urban Decay Set of Pocket Rocket Lip Glosses!
We’re giving away one (1) set of Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Glosses (eight in total). Submit your entry by telling us who your favorite entry is on UrbanDecayGuys.com’s Manhunt Contest!
All entries must be submitted by July 5th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. residents only. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Update: Winner has been selected, notified, and confirmed! Thanks for participating!
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
Instructions: Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share it with us in the comments section!
Best foundation brush?: [answer]
Best powder brush?: [answer]
Best blush brush?: [answer]
HauteLook is having a Kevyn Aucoin Beauty sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! As per usual, products look like they’re around 50% off! I picked up several lip products and one of the eyeshadows!
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )