This is one of my favorite budget friendly bases, because one pot lasts forever, and the product itself keeps eyeshadow on all day long without fading or creasing. It has a nice level of creaminess that makes it easy to apply and blend out to cover the entire lid area, but it dries down quick enough that it doesn’t crease before you get a chance to apply your eyeshadow on top of it. Skintone is more of an opaque base, though, which is particularly good for those who want a product that also evens out lids.
5 Ways to Wear Colored Eyeliner
I love using colored eyeshadow or eyeliner to add more oomph to a look, so I knew it would be easy to find five ways once I received reader Jen’s request. It’s great to border black eyeliner on the waterline to give it a crisper line of black, and it can also prevent black eyeliner for migrating past the waterline (sometimes!). I also like using lighter eyeshadow smudged underneath to brighten eyes, especially with really dark or heavy colors on the lid. I often choose colors that tie-in with either the overall look (as in “An Ode to True Chartreuse”) or from the lid/crease color.
Since I cannot wear eyeliner on my upper lash line without having swollen lids the next day, most of these involve colored eyeliner on the lower lash line, but you could just easily flip it and apply to your upper lash line instead.
- An Ode to True Chartreuse
- Colorful Look with MAC Peacocky
- Pop of Color on a Neutral Eye
- Molten Lava
- Memento Mori
What’s your favorite way to wear colored eyeliner?
Le Metier de Beaute Echo + Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer!
5 Bobbi Brown Favorites
I had a few requests come in this morning about what I would recommend buying from Bobbi Brown, since their Friends & Family sale is in progress, and here are my top five favorites…
- Bobbi Brown Black Cocoa Metallic Eyeshadow is a gorgeous brown — and I love a lot of the Metallic Eyeshadow Range, too.
- Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color is a new and phenomenal lip formula in so many gorgeous shades.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream helped get me through winter — love it for drier skin. I also recommend Bobbi Brown’s Cleansing Oil.
- Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmerbrick is one of my all-time favorite BB products!
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is a cult favorite and for good reason–it’s a great gel eyeliner.
This Week’s Topic: DRY SHAMPOO!
Your Mission: Tell us what you love, hate, or are otherwise indifferent to about dry shampoo. Do you use them all the time? What are your favorites (or least favorites)?
Thanks to Kat for today’s topic!
Summer Look with Wet ‘n’ Wild
Another test look — Clarins Skin Illusion (the shade is too light but setting with Guerlain Les Violettes in #03 made it wearable for test purposes, at least), NYX Eyeshadow Base, Wet ‘n’ Wild Vanity Eyeshadow Palette, Physicians Formula Glow Pearls, and Guerlain Chant d’Aromes.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NYX Eyeshadow Base (base), Wet ‘n’ Wild Vanity Eyeshadow Palette (shimmering beige, gold, bronze, beige, dark brown), span style=”color: #9d4b7b;”>Wet ‘n’ Wild Olive Color Icon Eyeliner (olive green), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Clarins Skin Illusion (108), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Physicians Formula Light Bronze Pearl Mineral Glow Pearls (bronze)
- Lips: Guerlain Chant d’Aromes (103) Rouge Automatique (rosy pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 184 (fan brush)
For eyes, start by applying NYX as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 294. Apply the shimmering beige eyeshadow to the inner tearduct with the 217. Next, apply the gold eyeshadow just above the lid and in the crease with the 239. Lightly blend the bronze eyeshadow into the crease with the 222, blending outwards, then layer with the dark brown eyeshadow. Pat the beige eyeshadow lightly above the crease and highlight the brow bone with the 217. Apply Stash liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Film Noir mascara.
For cheeks, apply Light Bronze Pearl on the apples of the cheeks and pat towards the temple with the 184.
For lips, apply Chant d’Aromes lipstick for a complementing lip.