Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Garb Blush
MAC Pret-a-Papier Collection: Blush & Mineralize Blush Review, Photos, Swatches
For whatever reason, I must have spaced, because I did not realize that Pret-a-Papier was such a large collection. I kept thinking it was a dinky little collection, but it’s a full collection. It includes two sheertone blushes and one mineralize blush duo.
Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Garb is a darkened nude with an orange undertone. It has a near matte finish, though there is a subtle shimmer in it that’s really not very noticeable. Though it’s only a bit on the warmer side, the obvious orange tone may not work well with the fairest of the fair.
- Instant Chic is a slightly coraled pink with a powdery look. It’s sheerer than Garb, and I found it more difficult to build up the intensity, though. I like the shade, because it’s not quite like anything in MAC’s permanent line, and I don’t know if I’ve seen something like this in recent collections either. I do wish it was a bit more pigmented–I fear it may be a wash on those with deeper skin tones (think NC/NW45 or darker).
Mineralize Blush ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
- Light Over Dark is a duo of golden copper and a darkened, reddish copper-bronze. Both shades have a very frosty finish to them. The size of the compact is large enough to be able to use the shades separately or together, I’d imagine. I’m personally not a fan of this, because it does have a rather frosty finish, which turns out pretty gnarly in photographs!
Instant Chic is the most unique of the three blushes, despite not having the best color pay off (it is a sheertone, though). It’s coral enough to be perfect for summer and add some brightness to cheeks, but it’s not so warm that only warmer skin tones will like it. I do think it’s a better shade for light to medium skin tones, and if you’re of a deeper skin tone, you may want to swatch it in person first.
Any of these catch your eye?
MAC Eyeshadow Palettes: My Reds & Pinks — Limited Edition
Can you guess which shade is which? It’s not easy! You’ll find the answers behind the cut, under the second photo of the palette! I took close-ups, but I wasn’t satisfied with the majority of them, so I’ll have to do those at another time. Consider it on the to-do list but a not-so-urgent item… We’ll do oranges and golds next!
- All shades are limited edition (I have all permanent shades in separate palettes)
- 95% of my limited edition eyeshadows are from 2004-2010, with an emphasis on 2009-2010
- There may be duplicates of some limited edition shades (but they’ll be next to each other)
- Square-shaped shades are from holiday palettes
MAC Pret-a-Papier review is coming…
I’m working on it, I promise! My order from MAC literally just arrived at noon (PST) and am working feverishly to get everything up
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- What’s your ideal beauty/makeup sale?
- How do you resist a sale?
- What beauty brand would you love to see go on sale?
MAC Superglass Collection
U.S. Launch Date: May 6th, 2010
International Launch Date: July 2010
Shattered, decimated, blinded by a fantastic, intergalactic lip light! Just when you thought Dazzleglass was the best-of bright, along comes Superglass, with secret, snowflake-shaped helicone pearls sparkling in three different facets for triple the dazzle! Lips have gone big bang, explosively dimensional, a rare eclipse! Gloss feels slick and sleek on application with no draggy speed bumps, not a hint of grit. A light aroma of vanilla enhances kissability. Extreme innovation that’s a good reflection on MAC and the seductress lucky enough to strike upon it.
Superglass ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Tunnel of Love Deep blue brown (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Sugar Overload White beige (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Disco Blendd Light tan (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Sweet Tart Baby pale pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Gift Wrap Light pinky peach (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Totally Bang! Fuchsia (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Cherry Electric Bright cherry pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Superflash! Mid-tone yellow pink (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Fab Frenzy Deep blue purple (Pearl) (Limited Edition)
See more photos! Continue reading →
YSL Solaris Collection for Summer 2010
Free, passionate, the Yves Saint Laurent woman plunges into a new adventure filled with sun, sensuality and exotic makeup colors.
The radiance of desert golds refreshed by Mediterranean blues. The intensity of reds vibrating with light. Born of the elements, her essential and solar beauty is a force of nature.
Her make-up? A complexion of “Copper Sand”. A look traced in Riviera Blue, total immersion. Lips and nails of passion, burned in orange and fuchsia…
Dazzling, the Yves Saint Laurent woman is a myth.
Terre Saharienne ($50.00) (New & Permanent)
A deep brown case infused with translucence capturing the infinity of the desert, three letters of elegance – YSL – leading the way… A tribute to the iconic laced jacket of Yves Saint Laurent, Terre Saharienne brings a sunkissed glow to the skin. A passport to sunlight all year long. In a few brushstrokes, this bronzing powder caresses the skin with sheer summer brilliance. Sand, copper sand, golden sand… Three ardent shades illuminate the complexion with a natural and radiant glow. An instant “radiant look”, thanks to new “Sun Radiance” pigments that capture the light and diffuse their golden reflections 360°. The voluptuous, soft and silky formula has comfortable and long-lasting wear that ‘dresses’ the skin for all-day adventure with total protection (SPF12).
- N° 1 Sand
- N° 2 Copper Sand
- N° 3 Golden Sand
Fard Lumiere Aquaresistant ($30.00)
- N° 5 Golden Sands (New & Permanent)
- N° 19 Riviera Blue (Limited Edition)
Rouge Pure Shine ($30.00)
- N° 93 Pink Lychee (Limited Edition)
- N° 94 Blood Orange (Limited Edition)
La Laque ($20.00)
- N° 142 Ultra Orange (Limited Edition)
- N° 42 Ultra Violet (Limited Edition)
- N° 34 Black Tulip (Repromote)
Gloss Pur ($30.00) (New & Permanent)
- N° 7 Pure Sorbet
- N° 8 Pure Watermelon
- N° 9 Pure Hibiscus
- N° 10 Pure Redcurrant
Touche Brilliance ($30.00) (New & Permanent)
- N° 18 Coral Sunset
- N° 19 Fuchsia Sunrise
Mascara Aquaresistant ($30.00)
- N° 7 Blue Lagoon (New & Permanent)
Touche Eclat ($40.00) (Repromote)
Ombre Solo ($30.00) (Repromote)
Dessin du Regard ($28.00) (Repromote)
- N° 3 Oriental Blue
- N° 6 Hazelnut Brown
Availability: June 2010