- What lip color do you wear with green eyeshadow?
- What lip color do you wear with purple eyeshadow?
- What lip color do you wear with blue eyeshadow?
Quick Eyes with Urban Decay Midnight 15 & Flow
Yet another quick look with Urban Decay’s 15th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette — this is the look I wore when I swatched through the Super Saturated Lip Colors. I’m not 100% positive what I used on the lower lash line, but I’m pretty sure I just grabbed for Underground (because it happened to be out). I needed a look that was super neutral, because the lip colors I was swatching were all rather bold and bright, so I didn’t want the eyeshadow to compete.
I’ve been trying to go through all of the bajillion of folders I have and either using or deleting the photos in them! I had photos of products I never got around to testing from January, and I just had to force myself to hit the delete key.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (primer), Urban Decay Midnight 15 Eyeshadow (soft champagne), Urban Decay Flow Eyeshadow (peach), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (taupe brown), Benefit They’re Real Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (02 & 03), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Lips: Urban Decay Adrenaline Super Saturated Lip Color (raspberry pink)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof all over the lid and above the crease with the 249 to lay down your eyeshadow base. Apply Midnight 15 all over the lid with the 239. Next, apply Flow into the crease and diffuse it above using the 222. Then apply Trench on brow bone to highlight with the 272. Next, apply Underground eyeliner on the lower lash line and smudge with Flow. Coat lashes with They’re Real mascara to finish the look.
Check out more photos!
Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss
Launch Date: July 2011 at all Bobbi Brown counters, bobbibrown.com
Fun is what Bobbi had in mind when she created High Shimmer Lip Gloss. This new formula features a special mix of pearls in a clear base for the ultimate in shimmer, shine and color. Plus, it’s good for lips too thanks to moisturizing emollients and Vitamins C and E that condition and offer antioxidant protection. Bonus: After countless requests from lip gloss aficionados, Bobbi’s sized up all her glosses—including High Shimmer Lip Gloss—and added a convenient doe foot applicator. High Shimmer Lip Gloss is perfect for a night out on the town, special occasions, or simply when you’re in the mood for something fabulous.
High Shimmer Lip Gloss ($23.00) (Permanent)
- Pink Tulle Hot pink with pearl
- Star White diamond with pearl
- Citrus Bright coral with pearl
- Canary Pure gold with gold pearl
- Hot Fuchsia with pink pearl
- Naked Plum Rosy brown with pink pearl
- Black Ruby Crimson with gold pearl
- Plum Gold Plum with bronze pearl
- Midnight Violet Black orchid with pearl
- Bare Sparkle Champagne with pearl
- Electric Violet Pink with violet pearl
- Pastel Soft pink with pink pearl
- Pink Sequin Pink rose with gold pearl
- Bellini Nude pink with pearl
- Beach Pink bronze with pearl
See more photos!
Cosmoprof 2011 Day 3
Today was the last day of Cosmoprof! There are so many things to see and do – I can’t imagine being able to see it all in even three days (I know I didn’t!). There are over 700 exhibitors at the show!
The three nails I painted with Layla’s magnetic polish are still going strong (three days!), though I’ll be taking it off soon, so I can swatch through things properly, and then I’ll be doing a thorough wear test. I have lots of photos to share with you once I’m back home–so stay tuned! I tried to snag some photos at the HCT booth (which is a company that does a TON of packaging for major brands like MAC, UD, tokidoki, etc.) but they were all, “NO PHOTOS!”
- CHINA GLAZE: Expect a LOT of launches from them in the next six months! There are lots of upcoming glitters, cute holiday sets (but all shades will also be available individually!), glow-in-the-dark polish for Halloween, and pastels for spring. (I can’t even think about spring really–that it is eons away still!) For halloween, we have the Haunting launch, then Let It Snow for winter/holiday, Eye Candy (glitters) for winter/holiday, and then Electro Pop for spring (a veritable rainbow of cream colors)
- DEBORAH LIPPMANN: Glitter, glitter, glitter for fall! She’s bringing back glitter, and it sounds like it should be fun. She said there are going to be several sets that will be exclusive at different retailers and to expect more new shades than they normally put out (but they will return to normal for spring and so on. All Deborah Lippmann polishes are designed to be two-coaters, but she says she wants people to use it and create the shades and colors they envision. Her vision is two coats–she said she’s never done a one-coater but maybe one day. Her glitter shades (the ones suspended in clear bases) are designed to be a splattering of glitter, not necessarily dense and opaque, but she wants you to wear it that way if that’s how you like it!
- ESSIE: Expect something INTERESTING! things from Essie this year. They’re unexpected and I think totally wanted. There might even be some bling-bling for the holidays… Metallics and glitters, oh my! Essie says they really love the instant feedback they are able to read on blogs, reviews, etc. because it helps them figure out what works and doesn’t. Several ultra-popular shades from the retail line (available at Target and the like) will be making a debut into the salon/professional line.
- ORLY: Last year, they had Cosmic FX, and next, they’re going to have Mineral FX, which looks promising from the bottles I saw! Each year, the brand will be doing something like that – where the formula is special and a little different from the norm.
See a few more pics!
The formula is creamy without being thick or heavy, and it is actually a moisturizing formula. It’s soft and feels like silk when applied. I find these comparable to the Rouge G lipstick, though not as thick or as opaque, but still similar enough. They’re $11 cheaper than the Rouge Gs, and the colors still have the same depth and nuanced shade range that makes Guerlain lipstick always standout to me. To see more photos of the packaging, check out this post. I did not have any issues with the slider of this particular shade!