Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Swatch Challenge: Smashbox
I would love to round-up as many Smashbox swatches as we can all muster! (Last weekend we did a great job with Urban Decay!) Together, I am sure we can get a pretty comprehensive swatch gallery going — so I invite you to share yours! You can link to your swatches, or you can e-mail them to me and I’ll put them up. All credit will go to the swatcher as well So let’s go!
Insert your image by linking to your image: http://whereveryourimageis.com
Or e-mail your image to: [email protected]
Check out the swatches we have so far… Continue reading →
Laura Mercier for Holiday 2009
Lots of palettes, sets, and value sets!
Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour Palette ($48.00, value of $108.00)
A first for the brand, Laura Mercier launches five perfectly paired baked eye colours in one convenient palette. Contour and define eyes with the mini double ended brush for on-the-go glamour. Create endless looks by using it wet or dry.
- Included Shades: Champagne, Sepia, Mink, Malt and Sterling
- Included Brushes: Crème Eye Detail Brush and Eye Colour Brush
Laura Mercier Petite Eye Palette ($28.00)
Perfect for every gal on every gift giving list, these pocket-size portable compacts contain four of the most flattering shades in warm and cool tones. Wear two for day or all four for sexy smoky evening eyes. This palette is the ultimate stocking stuffer or jet-setting sidekick.
- Warm Eye Colour Palette: Sandstone, Stellar, Bamboo, Truffle
- Cool Eye Colour Palette: Morning Dew, Rose, African Violet, Twilight Grey
Laura Mercier Mini Lip Glacé Set ($48.00, value of $55.00)
Never be caught with less-than-perfect lips this holiday season. Protect them with five perfectly portable Lip Glacés, each infused with Laura’s Lip Complex to help keep lips shiny and healthy. Layer with a favorite Lip Colour or wear solo for a translucent tint.
- Included Shades: Pink Diamond, Babydoll, Violet, Ambre Rose and Bellini
Laura Mercier Colour Wardrobe ($100.00, value of $235.00)
Laura’s new Colour Wardrobe is the perfect accessory this holiday season. The two-tiered compact holds multiple Eye, Cheek and Lip Colours along with two finishing Lip Glazes and expert tools that will have you looking flawless in a flash.
- Top Level Contents: Black Plum Eye Colour, Stellar Eye Colour, Café au lait Eye Colour, Sandstone Eye Colour, Celestial Eye Colour, Coffee Ground Eye Colour, Plum Cheek Colour, Rose Cheek Colour, Nude Cheek Colour, Eye Colour/Corner Eye Colour Double Ended Brush
- Bottom Level Contents: Mocha Lip Colour, Scarlet Lip Colour, Melon Lip Colour, Mulberry Lip Colour, Nude Lip Colour, Rosette Lip Colour, Brown Lip Glaze, Pink Lip Glaze, Double Ended Lip Brush
Laura Mercier Deluxe Mini Brush Set ($85.00, value of $274.00)
The ultimate array in professional tools has arrived this holiday season! Laura’s expert brushes for eyes, cheeks, lips and brows are in space-saving sizes so you can travel light but always look your best. Each double-ended brush fits neatly in a chic zipper case that rivals even your favorite clutch!
- Included Double-Ended Brushes: Crème Cheek Colour/Cheek Colour, Secret Camouflage/Camouflage Powder, Ponytail/Eye Colour, Brow Groomer/Lip, Flat Eye Liner/Smudge
Laura Mercier Touch-up Brush Set ($45.00, value of $129.00)
No need to redo when you can retouch! Laura’s travel-friendly tools make it easy to perfect your look from power shopping to happy hour. The sleek holiday case accommodates four mini brushes and a pocket-sized mirror.
- Included Brushes: Cheek Colour Brush, All Over Eye Colour Brush, Eye Crease Brush, Flat Eye Liner Brush
Laura Mercier Soufflé Sampler ($50.00)
Always a favorite of Laura’s, ultra-rich whipped Soufflé Body Crèmes are scented with blends of the finest gourmande notes, including Almond Coconut Milk, Crème Brûleé and Crème de Pistache. The active ingredients in the silky smooth formula instantly nourish the skin and enrich it with much deserved vitamins and protein derivatives, while shea butter and macadamia nut oil provide conditioning benefits. The sampler set of four ounce plastic jars is just perfect for travel.
Laura Mercier Candles – Almond Coconut, Crème Brûleé and Warm Roasted Chestnuts ($48.00)
Let the heavenly aroma of Laura Mercier candles drift through any space to create a warm, welcoming ambiance. Treat your senses to and share it with the people you love this season. Each candle is ozone friendly and has a 100% cotton wick for a clean, even burn.
Laura Mercier Foiled Eye Colour ($22.00)
Celebrate the holidays with glam limited edition shades of gold and silver for a night out on the town.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace ($22.00)
Dress lips in the perfect shade of pink this holiday season with the limited edition After Hours Lip Glace with a hint of sparkle.
Availability: October 2009 at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Sephora and www.lauramercier.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →
NARS @ 3.1 Phillip Lim
The theme behind the collection was collage, with inspiration springing from the late works of Picasso and the Cubism period. The pieces look different from every angle leaving a sense of mystery to them, while remaining timeless. The same idea is applied to the makeup. An abundance of different textures- matte, sheer, shimmer and shine- were portrayed differently as the model moved around. The clothes, like the makeup, were meant to stimulate the senses, be emotional, and also to sympathize with current times.
The look is clean and textural, giving a sense that makeup is there but not detectable from the plain eye. “The idea is not to be harsh. The look is part sheer with shades of green, brown and lilac fading into each other” said lead artist Lisa Butler. The key points include highlights of iridescence and gold to the cheekbones, light liner (almost invisible) and peach lips. “There is some shimmer so when the face moves around, the light really captures it. But there are no lines- no eye lines, no lip lines.”
Get the Look
- Face: Mix a small amount of NARS Concealer with NARS Hydrating Moisture Cream to apply just around the nose forehead and cheeks. Blend NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) with a foundation brush to the cheekbone moving down diagonally toward the lips and adding a little bit onto the lips for subtle highlights
- Eyes: Apply the golden moss side of NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) all over the eye filling in the crease with the sienna side. Depending on skin tone, apply NARS Mousson Cream Eyesahdow (NEW for Holiday 2009) to adjust the color on the lid. Using a NARS Smudge Brush apply D.Gorgeous Eyeshadow (NEW for Spring 2010) to the lower lash line adding intensity as need be (“It’s not a heavy liner, but it shows some color,” explained Lisa Butler). Apply one coat of NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to the top lashes
- Lips: Add a swipe of NARS Cruising Lipstick (NEW for Spring 2010) and some NARS Luxor Multiple (NEW for Holiday 2009) to a NARS Retractable Lip Brush and dab lightly onto the lips starting in the middle and working your way out
- Finish: Apply NARS Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) to the face, concentrating on the cheekbones. Reapply both shades from NARS Camargue Duo Eyeshadow to the brow bones
See more photos and breakdown for Marchesa… Continue reading →
Clé de Peau Beauté @ Vera Wang
For her Spring 2010 collection, Vera Wang found inspiration in Paul Poiret, the French designer some say was the first to “drape” his designs, a new approach that signaled a departure from rigid tailoring. With this in mind, Lucia Pieroni, Color Creator for Clé de Peau Beauté, created her own new approach, developing a boy-like, simple face for each model, that worked perfectly with the clothing and bold jewelry.
“I wanted the models to appear cool and very natural, so I created a super sheer base on the face with eye accents only, of taupe and silver.” Lucia says. “I wanted them to look healthy, but a bit supernatural.” — Lucia Pieroni
Get the Look
- Beginning with the NEW! Luminizing Enhancer Base ($42,) Lucia created a luminous complexion and evened out skin tone, prior to applying the Refining Fluid Foundation ($118) to provide an even, flawless and radiant finish on skin.
- Next, Lucia accented, and extended, the brows utilizing Eyebrow Pencil in #104/Grey ($55) to give a fuller, still polished effect.
- To brighten eyes, she used NEW! Satin Eye Color in #11/silver ($45,) with a touch of shade #111/taupe to add definition at the outer corners.
- Additionally, Lucia decided to forego the mascara and eyeliner, but utilize Satin Eye Color #104/golden to highlight the browbone and the top of the cheek to add an ethereal glow.
- Lastly, lips were colored to understated perfection, complementing the face without drawing attention. Lucia used NEW! Extra Rich Lipstick in T4 ($65,) a nude shade inspired by tea roses.
Sephora @ Venexiana
To compliment a sophisticated and bold collection, the makeup look features dark dramatic eyes, a smokey/cat eye combination, completed with a semi-matte complexion and peachy pink lips and cheeks. Makeup by Sephora PRO Beauty Team, lead by Jose Rivera.
Get the Look
- Complexion – Try Sephora Matifying Compact Foundation to create a flawless canvass. Add a pop of color with a cream blush or powder such as Sephora Blush Me! Mono in Rose Rebelle 1.
- Eyes – For a smokey look, apply Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in Must Have 06 all over lid. Line both upper and lower lash lines for a cat eye effect. Finish by applying false lashes like Sephora Flirt It Lash Duo to extra drama.
- Lips – To get the ultimate peachy, coral pout, start with a lip liner, then fill in with Sephora Lip Attitude Chic in Elegant Pink 05, a creamy pink lipstick. Top it off with Sephora PURE Lipgloss in Peachy Pink.
See more breakdowns from Sephora! Continue reading →
Sephora @ Gen Art Fresh Faces
Seven designers displayed fashion-forward trends for women and men with various makeup looks complimenting each collection. From rocker ballerina to modern glam and feminine, makeup ranged from strong smokey eyes to watermelon stained lips, sun kissed skin and rosy cheeks. The Sephora PRO Beauty Team was lead by Gilbert Soliz.
See the look breakdowns and images… Continue reading →