Laura Mercier’s Shimmer Lipsticks have a rather strong floral scent to them, while several of her other lip products are heavily vanilla scented (not sure why these are different). I get three to four hours of wear (about average), and I find these neither drying nor particularly moisturizing, but they are comfortable to wear. Sandcastle applied evenly and easily without having to layer on a lot to get opaque color.
Milani I Heart You Baked Metallic Eyeshadow ($7.49 for 0.05 oz.) is a coppery red with a shimmery, metallic finish. It looks redder in the pan than it is when swatched–there is a coppery orange that is much more pronounced when applied. It reminded me of MAC Coppering, but obviously in a baked form.
Milani’s Baked Metallic Eyeshadows can be used wet or dry–wet for more intensity, dry for more luminosity (which, given the context, must mean sheerer color). Given the nature of baked eyeshadows, I Heart You does apply smoother and more evenly when applied wet than dry, but still, it is quite pigmented when used dry. The texture is fairly smooth and soft, but when applied, there is a touch of fall out. It’s not unforgivable, but I did notice it.
I do wish they’d ditch the sponge/brush applicator, though, because the bristles are splayed and scratchy, while the sponge is thin and surprisingly scratchy. I did like the switch to a black interior, over the champagne gold from the Runway Eyeshadows. The lid is also quite secure, and I had to pry it open with my nails.
Feel free to share any upcoming deals you’ve spotted!
- HAUTELOOK: ISOMERS Skincare (4/18), NYX Cosmetics (4/20), EcoSkin (4/22), Madara Ecocosmetics (4/22),
- IDEELI: —
Free Shipping, Coupon Codes, GWPs
- APOTHICA: Free shipping on orders of $49+
- BEAUTY.COM: $10 off $60 – you MUST click through this link to receive the offer.
- BENEFIT: Free shipping on $50+ purchases with code PRETTY50, expires 10/26. Free international shipping with $115+ purchases with code WORLD115, expires 10/26. Free high brow with $50+ order with code MOMSEYES, expires 4/18 (make sure to add it to your bag before checkout).
- BLISS: Free travel size Youth moisturizer when you purchase the full size with code FAIRY109. Free shipping on Pro Sizes with code SHIPPRO. $20 off $100+ order with code APRIL20, expires 4/18.
- BOBBI BROWN: Free full-size Naked Rich Color Lip Gloss and free shipping on $65+ orders with code RICH44, expires 6/24. Free full-size Soft Peach Eyeshadow and free shipping on $65+ orders with code PEACH44, expires 6/24.
- CLINIQUE: Free Mother’s Day tote with $55+ purchase, expires 5/6, must click through this link.
- DARPHIN: Free shipping on all orders, no code necessary.
- KIEHLS: Free shipping on $50+ orders.
- LANCOME: Free four piece sample set ($53 value) + free shipping with $45 purchase with code AAPR, expires 4/30. Two free deluxe makeup samples with $35+ purchase, use code SPRINGEYES, expires 4/30.
- NORDSTROM: Free gift with $100 any beauty or fragrance purchase, plus $5 shipping on $50+ orders. Free Estee Lauder gift with $35+ purchase (free gift valued at $110), expires 4/20.
- ORIGINS: Choose a free full-size cleanser + free standard shipping with $30+ purchase, 4/22 only. Origins will plant a tree with any purchase of Plantscription, expires 4/23, no code required.
- SAKS FIFTH AVENUE: Receive a luxurious introduction to The Hydrating Infusion with any La Mer purchase with code LAMER65, expires 5/2.
- SEPHORA: Free Laura Mercier Face Scrub sample, use code FACEPOLISH. Free shipping on orders of $50+. Free Murad skincare sample trio with code RESURGE. Free Bare Escentuals RareMinerals eye cream with code RAREEYE. Free Bliss mini rollerball with any purchase with code BLISSFUL. Free travel-size Dr. Brandt Intensolution treatment with any purchase with code BLEMISHFREE. Free Stila Glamoureyes mascara with code GLAMOUR. Free Bite lip-and-cheek color with $25+ purchase with code BITE. Free Sephora Collection mascara sample with any purchase with code FULLACTION. VIB 15% OFF SALE, 4/14 to 4/21, use code VIBCHIC (must be a VIB). BI 15% OFF SALE, 4/14 to 4/21, use code CHIC.
- SKINSTORE.COM: 20% off select staff favorites with code G2G20, expiration unknown.
- THE BODY SHOP: Free shipping on $50+ orders, expires 4/24. 2 for $25 Body Butters, expires 4/24.
- YSL: 4 beauty samples + free shipping with $75+ purchase with code BEAUTY10, expires 6/30.
Do you find yourself feeling obligated to purchase something because it’s limited edition? When is it the hardest to resist?
[temptalia_answer]There are definitely times when there is a “buy it or else it will sell out” mentality, and I think that is where the pressure is highest.
Thanks to Olga for today’s question!
Got a question idea? Submit yours here.
It wears just under three hours on me (I typically average four), and I find that lustre finished lipsticks are not moisturizing. I also find that this particular finish doesn’t always apply evenly. It is vanilla-scented, like other MAC lip products are, and the tube has metallic red detailing in the logo and inside the tube in the spirit of Viva Glam. 100% of the selling price of each Viva Glam lipstick goes towards the MAC AIDS Fund.
- Just to sell to us! (73%, 1,639 Votes)
- Provide choices! (25%, 554 Votes)
- Other -- I'll tell you in the comments! (2%, 49 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,242
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section! 🙂
Thanks to CeeBee for today’s poll!