Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Here’s an attempt at using MAC’s Photorealism eyeshadow quad The photos are a little wonky, because silly me forgot to change the white balance settings before taking these photos, SO I had to muck around with them (to get the right color) in Photoshop. I think they’re *fairly* accurate, but they just look so edited, so I do apologize! I do recommend substituting a different highlighter in this look, but my goal was to only use the quad’s eyeshadows. But definitely feel free to go with something more neutral and less shimmery for a better look
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Silver Fog pigment (platinum silver), Image Maker eyeshadow (soft grey-green), Fresh Approach eyeshadow (pastel green), Grey Range eyeshadow (dark teal), Photorealism eyeshadow (soft gold), Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes (dark teal), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: The Perfect Cheek (pale pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Front Lit lipstick (sheer white-gold), New Spirit lipglass (peachy-orange), Lychee Luxe lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Photorealism = Nylon; Image Maker = Electra; Fresh Approach = Juxt; Grey Range = Deep Truth+Shimmermoss; The Perfect Cheek = Dame; Front Lit = Tanarama; New Spirit = Love Nectar
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Silver Fog pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Fresh Approach eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Image Maker eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Grey Range eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Photorealism eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes on lower lash line9. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with The Perfect Cheek blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Front Lit lipstick to lips, and then top with New Spirit and Lychee Luxe lipglasses for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Neiman Marcus The Beauty Event Begins!
The much anticipated, the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event has begun. It’s good now through September 21st online, and in-store from September 10th through the 20th. You’ll get a Neiman Marcus exclusive leopard-print tote with these five goodies inside with any cosmetics/fragrance purchase of $100 or more…
- Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair, 0.16 ounces
- ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream, 0.07 ounces
- CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte Fragrance, 0.06 ounces
- Prada L’Eau Ambree Fragrance, 0.05 ounces
- Dior Beauty Invitation for a Deluxe Sample L’Or De Vie Creme
Additionally, you can use code NMBEAUTY to earn Neiman Marcus gift cards when you spend $500 or more.
The following brands are participating with gift with purchases when you purchase their products… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Cool Reserve Nail Lacquer!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Cool Reserve Nail Lacquer, from the limited edition MAC Nail Trend F/W ’09 Collection.
All entries must be submitted by September 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Re-Tweet to Win
This is a Twitter Giveaway, so it is extremely easy to enter–just two simple steps!
1. Follow us on Twitter
2. Re-tweet the following: “Entered to win MAC Cool Reserve Polish! Follow @temptalia & RT to enter! http://tinyurl.com/nt09cr #temptalia”
(And yes, we will still be having giveaways that are not 100% Twitter-based. Not to fear! )
Congrats to @blushingnoir!
HauteLook is having a DDF Skincare sale!
The sale is going on now at HauteLook! Looks like they have a good variety of products available to choose from, and after a cursory glance, looks like most products are 50% off. I still haven’t gotten a chance to try the DDF products I bought last time they were on HauteLook so I’m gonna pass today.
(The link above is an invite-link, which is a referral link. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! )
The Fairest has a Cosmedicine sale going on!
I’ve always heard a TON of good things about their Medi-Matte Lotion, so I think I’m gonna pick some up myself and see what the buzz is about…
When you join from our invite link, you will receive $5 (and I will receive $5, to be clear) when you make you first purchase. Also, it also helps us track how many people we’ve turned onto The Fairest and let’s us (and The Fairest!) know more about the Power of Temptalia.
Share your favorite DDF & Cosmedicine products in the comments!
P.S. – The Fairest is currently only shipping to U.S. residents right now. If and when anything changes, I’ll definitely pass the word along!
Pucker Up: Glossy Raspberry Red
Today’s lip look is simple and yet elegant–a play on the timeless red lip.
Starting with the epitome of luxe lips, begin by layering Guerlain Giovanna Rouge G Lipstick on lips with a stiff lip brush to ensure well-defined, clean color. Finish by adding a glossy sheen using Borghese Chianti B Gloss. The Chianti gloss plays down the copper shimmer and frost finish of Giovanna lipstick by adding a more raspberry color, but it doesn’t add so much darkness that it nullifies the red color of Giovanna.
See transformation… Continue reading →
What does your day-to-day look entail? Is it always different? Is it work-safe/school-safe?
I sport the au natural look most of the time since I’m either going to school or staying home more often than not (doing homework, ha!)!