Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Nail Trend F/W 09 — Jin Soon Choi for MAC
U.S. Launch Date: August 27th, 2009
International Launch Date: September 2009
Backstage and front row, nail trend has arrived! More than a colour statement, an of-the-moment approach that dazzles with innovation and style. How to do it? Enter Jin Soon, much-sought-after nail guru, who has worked the shows and with the best celebs, collaborating with us to create six nail colours exclusively for MAC.
“There are thousands of sheer and natural colors. It’s time tob e surprising, revolutionary, edgy. Inspired by architecture, these are colors you’ll now dare to wear.” — Jin Soon
Nail Lacquers ($12.00)
- Cool Reserve Mid-tone grey lavender
- For Fun Rich purple
- Dance All Night Brick red
- Rich Dark Delicious Rich blackened brown
- Dry Martini Khaki olive green
- Beyond Jealous Blackened blue green
Edited: Now with images! Continue reading →
NARS Cosmetics Lolita Collection for Fall 2009
Here’s what NARS has in store for us beauty addicts this fall!
Eyeshadow Duos ($32.00)
- Brumes Gray-brown / Navy blue
- Indian Summer Sparkling gold / Sunny yellow
- Silk Road Light tangerine-peach / Dirty pink with gold sparkle
Single Eyeshadow ($22.00)
- Mekong Rich, chocolate brown with gold pearl
- Fast Ride Dark, black-red
Nail Polish ($16.00)
- Tokaido Express Purple wine with gold shimmer
New Eyeshadow Duos ($32.00)
- Brousse Silken, deep purple / Rich, chocolate bronze
- Eurydice Dark fuchsia-purple / Black gold
- Taiga Pale yellow gold / Mossy green with gold pearl
Available: August 2009
See images… Continue reading →
What better way to kick of a month of Make Up For Ever than by sharing with you my first look using their products? I did my best to use as many Make Up For Ever products, so that you can see exactly how they perform! :) All eyeshadows used will be reviewed at some point during the month (hint, I’ll be doing five per post in rainbow order, so you’ll see some tomorrow!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #920 Star Powder (yellow gold base), Make Up For Ever #10 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow gold), Make Up For Ever #153 Eyeshadow (shimmery peachy-gold), Make Up For Ever #5 Eyeshadow (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #75 Eyeshadow (matte bright fuchsia), Make Up For Ever #160 Eyeshadow (matte eggplant purple), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: Illamasqua Obey Lipstick (pinky-coral), MAC Dejarose lipglass (dark pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #920 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #10 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #153 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. Alongside #153, apply #5 eyeshadow to the side towards the outer portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #75 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #160 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #10 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply Illamasqua Obey lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Dejarose lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
30 Days of Make Up For Ever…
STARTS TODAY! Last week, I made an epic Make Up For Ever haul, and there was more than one reason for doing so. The major reason behind it is to bring you a new feature on Temptalia: 30 Days of Make Up For Ever. That’s right — thirty! That means that every day in July, you will see at least one post about the brand. It might be a look, swatches, reviews, or how-tos. It could be anything, but at least one per day will tell you more about the brand. We have also teamed up with Pursebuzz with this feature, so be sure to follow her 30 days, too (so it’s almost like 60, ha!).
If you have any suggestions on things you would like to know or see about Make Up For Ever, definitely let me know in this post. I’ll do my best to fulfill requests! Thanks!
Temptalia Gives Away Four Cover FX “The Big COver-Up” Kits!
We’re giving away four (4) sets of Cover FX‘s “The Big Cover-Up 3-Step Essentials Kit” to four lucky readers. We are giving away one (1) in each of the four shades — B, C, E, and M.
- B Series—shades of golden brown to ebony (contains B0, B25, B45).
- C Series—shades with primarily pink undertones (contains C10, C40, C80).
- E Series—shades with a balance of pink and yellow (contains E0, E30, E80).
- M Series—shades with yellow and/or olive undertones (contains M20, M40, M80).
Cover FX’s The Big Cover-Up 3-Step Essentials Kit helps to create flawless-looking skin as blemishes, redness, sun damage and other complexion concerns all disappear. Achieves total coverage of minor to major complexion imperfections, regardless of skin tone, in three essential steps: prep, cover and set. The kit includes: Skinprep FX Nourishing Foundation Primer and Anti-Aging Serum (0.5 oz.), Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation (three shades total 0.43 oz.), Setting FX Translucent Setting Powder (0.22 oz.), Professional Foundation Brush #130, and How-to Instructional DVD.
To Enter: Tell me what your favorite Cover FX product is OR the one you’d like to try the most. Also, you must tell me which shade would most suit you (refer to the above for details on shades).
All entries must be submitted by July 9th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. residents only. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
1. Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
2. Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Update: Winner has been selected, notified, and confirmed! Thanks for participating!
Beauty Basics: MAC Face Brushes
Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Face Brushes.
Focus On: MAC 138 Tapered Face Brush
MAC 138 Tapered Face Brush ($52.00) is a large, extremely tapered brush made out of natural fibers. It is extremely dense, and it is relatively firm. The end of the brush tapers into a rounded tip with angled sides. The brush shapes reminds me of the 226 or 224, except several times larger. The bristles feel incredibly soft against the skin, and I have found mine to shed very rarely (which basically means I can’t remember it really shedding at all). The 138 can be used for a variety of applications: creams, liquids, highlighters, blushes, and contouring. It is touted by MAC as a contouring and highlighting tool, but like most brushes, usage depends more on you and your needs. To contour with this brush, simply slant it against your face with the tip pointing towards your mouth. To highlight, just use the tip of the brush on the areas you would like to highlight. It is one of MAC’s pricier brushes, but I’d say it’s completely worth the investment!
How do you like to use this brush?
See close-ups… Continue reading →