Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Some of you have been readers of Temptalia since its early, not-so-industrious beginnings, while others have only stopped by yesterday. I would really love to get to know those who have supported Temptalia and continue to support this endeavor! I can’t say enough, but thank you for reading, commenting, and supporting both me, as I grow and learn and discover myself, as well as the blog as a beauty resource.
What name do you go by?
Christine. I’ve never been one for any of the nicknames that come from Christine (Chrissy, Christy, Chris, etc.), so I’ve always stuck with Christine. You can call me Temptalia, too, since it’s been my internet monniker for the past six years or so.
Who are the most important people in your life?
My family and my boyfriend are the people who are vital to me enjoying and loving life. Everyone has supported me for my educational and business endeavors so much, and the support system is just incredible.
What are some ways you enjoy spending your free time?
Free time, what’s that? Just kidding These days, I like spending my down time with Mellan or watching trash reality TV. I’m lovin’ Tool Academy on VH1 for its utter hilarity, at the moment. With I Love Money 2 just beginning, I’ll probably watch that. I’m terrible about watching when they’re on, though, so I often miss episodes. Stupid TiVo not working with Dish Network
Reveal three quirky facts about yourself!
I used to “run” online magazines back when AOL was a huge internet provider; I believe I did it from age 13 to 17. At some point, I think I had over ten different ones running (oddly enough, one was a “girly” ‘zine with some beauty in it!). I don’t love the taste of coffee, but I love Starbucks! And final fact: I’m pretty good at Guitar Hero
Where do you want to be in five years?
I’d love to have been able to really grow Temptalia into a successful business doing more than just blogging. I really hope I’ve finished up school by then–should be done in 2011–and done for good! It would be fantastic to have my very own beauty/makeup room with insanely cute and practical storage systems for all my products
What book, song, and movie could you read, listen, and watch over and over again?
Book: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Song: Alice In Chains’ “Nutshell.” Movie: Ratatouille (which I have probably watched/listened to over thirty times!).
What do you feel makes you beautiful?
I have a good heart. Even if my aim isn’t always on target, my intentions are good! I’m not about being petty, mean, or rude to others–it’s just not in my nature!
Now, I want to get to know YOU!
1. What name do you go by?
2. Who are the most important people in your life?
3. What are some ways you enjoy spending your free time?
4. Reveal three quirky facts about yourself!
5. Where do you want to be in five years?
6. What book, song, and movie could you read, listen, and watch over and over again?
7. What do you feel makes you beautiful?
Firefox users: please go directly to page two of the comments to leave yours
Temptalia Gives Away pHisoderm Gift Baskets to Two Lucky Readers
Looking to try out some new skincare products? Why don’t you enter for a chance to win a gift basket filled with six fabulous products from pHisoderm?
pHisoderm Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
pHisoderm’s Cream Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin
pHisoderm’s new Unscented Facial Cleansing Bar
pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Gel Facial Wash
pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash
pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Cleansing Pads
This contest is only open to U.S. readers (sorry, international readers!). All entries must be submitted by February 8th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it!
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Have you ever stared at the ever-lovely Goldmine eyeshadow wondering what you might pair it with? Here are six fun ways to use one of my favorite eyeshadows:
Paired with Golds and Orangey-Coppers, Goldmine helps to brighten any look.
To Make the Natural Easy, try using Goldmine as a way to add pop and color to subtle, natural shades of beige and brown.
Kick Up Your Look by pairing Goldmine with bright chartreuses and yellows for a very bold, summery eye.
Perfect For Diffusing Color when you’ve used a bold shade like blue, green, or teal. Try blending Goldmine just above the darkest color to help fade the color to your brow bone.
Try Lightening Darker Colors with Goldmine to get a unique color combination. Layering Goldmine over browns often gives you a nice mix of natural and shimmer.
Make Green, Not War by layering Goldmine over your favorite teal or blue shade. It is an easy way to get an amazing gradient of color going.
What’s your favorite way to wear Goldmine eyeshadow?
SOO, a little late night browsing has led me to find that Nordstrom has MAC Hello Kitty Online. Just click on “what’s new” to see HK. The downside? It’s just on preorder.
For those of you who do not want to deal with the fiasco of Barbie Loves MAC in 2007… I fully suggest you march your butt over and preorder now. (Background: Barbie launched around 1AM EST and sold out within hours of going up; notifications didn’t hit email boxes until 10AM!) You can reserve what you want now, and you won’t have to worry so much about staying up all night waiting for Hello Kitty to go live on maccosmetics.com Nordstrom’s showing an expected ship date of February 10th, which is when it’s supposed to launch online.
I hope this helps some of you! And maybe ease your worries of what you want being sold out
(Not official promo image!)
MAC Cosmetics Sugarsweet Collection
Launch Date: March 19th, 2009 (North America), April 2009 (International)
Who cares if the candy man can… it’s the cupcake ingenue who’s caught the sweet spot this season. Temptation is everywhere – luscious, whipped-cream decadent, deliciously decorative frosting colours and sugared almond combinations. Like peering through the window of a Parisian patisserie, you’ll want to become one of each! Have fun with a new Red Velvet recipe Shadestick. Tricolour Lipglass is like a mille feuille of layered lip gloss colours, each gives way to the next in a triple-layered pearl-swirl of prettiness; add extra yum to Eye Shadow; Perfect Topping Mineralize Skinfinish is the ultimate cake walk. We could eat you up.
- Sweet Thing Mid-tone magenta with multi dimensional pearl (Lustre)
- Bubbles Sheer frosty white beige (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Touch Peachy cinnamon (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Lollipop Loving Mid-tone coral with subtle green and gold iridescence (Glaze) (Repromote)
- Saint Germain Pastel pink (Amplified Creme) (Repromote)
- Tasty Top Sheer blue pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone blue pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Dark creamy red pink
- Just Dessert Top Sheer yellow pink with reflects, Middle Mid-tone yellow pink with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone creamy yellow pink
- Simpy Delicious Top Sheer peach with reflects, Middle Pale coral with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy mid-tone coral
- Triple-Yum Top Sheer gold with gold reflects, Middle True gold with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Mid-tone bronze
- Consume Me Top Sheer white with reflects, Middle Pale mint with duochrome pearlized pigments, Bottom Creamy light peach with pearlized pigments
- Sugarshot Pale frosty beige (Lustre)
- Dear Cupcake Mid-tone pink coral with gold pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Aquavert Soft mint with white pearlized pigments (Veluxe Pearl) (Repromote)
- Stars n Rockets Lavender with red/pink reflects (Veluxe Pearl) (Permanent)
- Club Muted reddish brown duochrome with green opalescent shimmer (Satin) (Permanent)
- Cakeshop Frosted light neutral beige
- Butternutty Frosted pale white gold
- Lemon Chiffon Frosted pewter
- Red Velvet Frosted mid-tone pink
- Penny Light pinky copper (Repromote)
- Peppermint Patti Creamy mint green (Cream)
- Seasonal Peach Creamy pale peachy pink (Cream)
- Perfect Topping Pink/peach/lavender melange
- Refined Tan/peach/coral melange
Source: tripwirechick@temptalia forums | Temptalia.com
Lavender Whip, Fun Fun, Fashion Mews
There’s been a lot of questions about how does Lavender Whip (from Cremeteam) compare to Fashion Mews (from Hello Kitty), and what about Fun Fun from Balloonacy eons ago. Ask no more, the picture above tells the story.
Lavender Whip vs. Fun Fun: It’s obvious that Fun Fun is a lot pinker. I would actually say that Fun Fun has some lavender in it, but when sandwiched between two more dominant lavender shades… the pink is brought out.
Lavender Whip vs. Fashion Mews: Fashion Mews is lighter and frostier in its finish than Lavender Whip, but they are similar. If you only want a lavender lipstick and don’t see yourself wearing it all the time, you might try Lavender Whip over Fashion Mews, just because the finish is nicer and it has a touch more color pay off. Plus, you can always add frostiness or make it lighter with a lipgloss.
Fashion Mews vs. Fun Fun: Again, they’re not dupes, and next to each other, they don’t even look like they’re in the same color family! I love Fun Fun, but I’ve always found it to be a very cool lipstick with some purple to it (but not as strong as the other two)–but in the swatch, it almost looks like a warm to neutral pink! But I think we can safely say they are definitely not dupes.