Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Chanel Rouge Coco Debuts!
It’s official, Rouge Coco has launched. I did a sneak peek review last week with five of the shades, and I’m about to head out in a few to check out the rest of the line-up at my local Nordstrom just put up swatches of all thirty lipsticks now available. Exciting!
Rouge Coco ($30.00)
- Beige Felin (01)
- Perle (02)
- Secret (03)
- Cashmere (04)
- Mademoiselle (05)
- Egerie (06)
- La Pausa (08)
- Organdi Rose (09)
- Camelia (10)
- Legende (11)
- Muse (14)
- Ruban Rose (15)
- Taffetas Rose (16)
- Orchidee (17)
- Rouge Noir (18)
- Gabrielle (19)
- Rose Comete (20)
- Rivoli (21)
- Paris (22)
- Rouge Orage (23)
- Bel Respiro (24)
- Vendome (25)
- Venise (26)
- Talisman (27)
- Ballet Russe (29)
- Cambon (31)
- Sycomore (32)
- Bois des Iles (33)
- Satin (34)
- Lune Rousse (36)
If you don’t want to shop in-store, you can shop online for Rouge Coco at…
See swatches of the thirty lipsticks now available… Continue reading →
What’s the Best Moisturizer for Dry Skin…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
MAC Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour: Jazz-Y-Razz, Night Rose, Lishious,
Boss Brown, Betwixt, Sappho
MAC Tabloid Beauty: Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolours only vary from the regular PLWs in one way: they have a shimmery gloss on the end. However, you can actually purchase replacement gloss ends (just alone), and you can always opt to swap it for the regular clear gloss or replace it with the shimmery one. I’d recommend the same application technique with these as I did in the previous post. Oh, and while I’m remembering, last I checked, you can B2M for these as well… (Hopefully, someone who has done B2M more recently than I–it’s been many months for me–can confirm or deny!)
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour ($21.00)
- Jazz-Y-Razz is a shimmery, almost frost finish shade of muted pinky-beige. MAC describes this shade as “dirty plum with pearl,” but I really didn’t see much plum in it myself. Despite its frostiness, it applies well and looks even on.
- Night Rose is a beautiful shade of rosy pink with a soft shimmer (which is emphasized by the shimmery gloss coat). This has always been one of my favorites, because it’s so wearable and looks good on a variety of skin tones.
- Lishious is a peachy-brown with champagne shimmer. It looks a little creamy once applied, but it has that shimmer to it as well.
- Boss Brown is a warmed-up brown with a copper/orange tone to it and gold shimmer. Nice, full color coverage.
- Betwixt is a coppery red with copper-bronze shimmer. This is a nice mix of red without being overwhelmingly red. It applies smoothly and gives opaque color.
- Sappho is a plummy berry that really doesn’t have much shimmer in its color coat, but the shimmery gloss coat adds it. This one blends really well with the lip, because it seems to meld with your natural lip color.
See more photos, swatches, & lip swatches! Continue reading →
Pro Longwear Lipcolour: Durashell, Clingpeach, Unchanging, For Keeps, Loyal;
Stuck on You, Passion Preserved, Lasting Lust, Perennial Rose, Commitment
MAC Tabloid Beauty: Pro Longwear Lipcolour Reviews, Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches
Tabloid Beauty is a “collection” of sorts, but all of the products included in the collection are permanent products. MAC is showcasing some of their products that have some stellar results that are scientifically proven (according to the website). I’m only reviewing and showcasing the Pro Longwears — also included in the launch is Penultimate Eye Liner ($16.50), Plushlash ($13.00), Prep + Prime Line Filler ($19.50), and Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone ($19.50) — all of which I’ve reviewed previously. Tabloid Beauty launches in-store on February 25th!
Though the Pro Longwears are permanent, since I’ve never done lip swatches for the majority before, I thought this was a good excuse to do so. Pro Longwears are one of the longest wearing lip products I’ve ever put on my lips. No, seriously. I could only manage to swatch four or five at a time, because they cling onto lips, which makes removal more grueling than typical lipstick/lipgloss. You’ll need an oil-based makeup remover to get this guy off, and you’ll likely want to blot and smear the oil-based makeup remover around to let it “sink” in and break down the product.
Pro Longwears are really great… once you know how to apply them.
A half hour before you apply, slather on lip balm, then blot off prior to application. I like to apply from the tube using the included doe-foot applicator and start on the bottom lip, smoosh lips together gently, then round out the top lip color. You have to be patient and use a steady hand, because this stuff dries fast and doesn’t budge after it dries, so you need to make sure to stay inside your natural lip line.
Next, let your mouth hang open a bit to dry. I like to wait about a minute to a minute and a half for it dry. After all of that, top with gloss. You’ll need to reapply the gloss every few hours as that part will fade away–the lip color itself stays on pretty well. It will breakdown if you eat really greasy/oily food, but it holds up decently through that, in my experience.
Just for clarity, I purchased 10 of the 16 featured here (six were press samples). I’m actually going to bestow most of these on my Mom as a little surprise gift when I see her next! (She loves PLWs–her favorite is Night Rose!) Also, for reference, if you purchase during the Tabloid Beauty collection is up (and “while supplies last”), they come in specially printed sleeves (they slip around the normal black box packaging).
Pro Longwear Lipcolour ($21.00)
- Durashell is a milky pink with a golden, frosty sheen. Application with Durashell wasn’t as smooth or even as the other shades–it has a tendency to emphasize every flaw on your lips and can look a little streaky since it’s not quite as opaque as the other shades as well.
- Clingpeach is a peach shimmered coral. This is one of my favorites, because it applies evenly and is totally opaque.
- Unchanging is a pinky-nude with icy pink shimmer that looks pretty creamy once applied.
- For Keeps is a reddened berry with multicolored shimmer. It has full color coverage and doesn’t settle into lip lines as much as some of the other shades.
- Loyal is a milky-looking browned nude with no real shimmer. It looks creamier once you apply the gloss on top.
- Stuck on You is a beautiful shade of berry-red with a gilded gold sheen. This one is such a stunning shade–you have to check it out in person to really see how it glows.
- Passion Preserved is a brownish red with a little plum thrown in. It has a very creamy, opaque look when applied.
- Lasting Lust is a retina-burning creamy red. It’s almost a neutral red, but it seems to lean orange-red just a smidgen. Super bright, opaque, and lush. This is a show-stopping red for sure. (Though, to be honest, Perpetuate is/was my favorite red PLW.)
- Perennial Rose is a subdued, rosy red with golden shimmer. This has a shimmer, frost feel in the finish, but it still goes on opaque.
- Commitment is a reddened brown with gold shimmer. It’s a very intense, bold shade when worn. It’s dark, vampy, and dare I say it? sultry!
Love or hate Pro Longwears? What are your favorites?
See more photos, swatches, & lip swatches! Continue reading →
What beauty product do you buy over and over again? That one product that’s so good that you never stray…
I’m like a commitment-phobe when it comes to makeup these days! I don’t think there’s anything I’ve repurchased more than twice before straying. I think I stayed devoted to MAC Studio Fix Fluid the longest… like three years!
Thanks to Amal for this question!
Temptalia is in the process of moving to new digs!
Over the past week, we’ve been slowly but surely migrating Temptalia from its original server to newer, beefier, faster, more awesome dual servers. Though our old server could typically handle our day-to-day load, we all know what a drag it was on MAC-days. We are hoping with the increased speediness of our Big Daddy servers that this move will address many of those issues and prevent the site from slowing down (period, hopefully!) or timing out on you when we’re experiencing a heavier user load.
If you’re seeing this post, that means you’re already experiencing the site from its new home.
If there were periods where you couldn’t access the blog, that means that, unfortunately, you experienced (along with us) the agony of growing pains! The move will be completed in the next 24-48 hours, but the majority of users should have access in the next 12 hours.
Unfortunately, some comments may have been lost in the move, though we have done as much as we could to minimize any loss. We have re-entered approximately 100 comments manually (so if you asked to be notified of a follow-up reply, that data was lost; we assumed you didn’t, for purposes of manual re-entry) but inevitably, not all of them were caught and moved over. I deeply apologize for this and hope you will continue to leave comments in the future. Thank you for your understanding
Here’s hoping the site is way faster!
P.S. – Why coffee beans as a header? Because after only three hours of sleep and spending all day yesterday nail-biting over server woes, I NEED IT. LIKE NOBODY’S BUSINESS!