Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using MAC Bright Future Eyeshadow, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Last chance to submit your Warrior Woman look!
We want to see YOU transform into a “Warrior Woman!” Challenge yourself by recreating or creating your own straight-from-scratch look that fits the theme “Warrior Women.” Submit your entry (or entries!) by May 24th to be included in this makeup challenge. Please submit all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- You do NOT have to use MAC products. You can use any and all makeup, brands, products, etc. that you wish to achieve your look.
- Minimum of one photo required (either close-up or full-face); maximum of five photos will be used (but feel free to send more over if you want us to pick and choose)
- Photos must be a minimum of 500px wide and should reflect color accuracy and little to no blurriness
- Include a text description of the products used to achieve the look
- Find a simple background, like a solid color wall
- Take more photos rather than less — you can always delete the ones that didn’t work
- Macro mode for close-up photography is key
- Try layering a tissue over your flash if photos are overexposed
- Stand near a window for softer, more flattering light
- Use a tripod to keep photos sharp if your camera has shutterlag
I’m really eager to see your entries! So start getting fierce and send those babies in Check out these face charts for inspiration or pick one to recreate! Continue reading →
How do you remove your makeup? What’s your routine? What product(s) do you use?
Lately, I’ve been alternating between shu’s cleansing oil and MAC’s!
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… TINTED MOISTURIZER!
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Vibrant Grape Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Vibrant Grape Eyeshadow from the limited edition MAC Style Warrior Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
All entries must be submitted by May 26th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations to our Winner! They have been notified via e-mail, and we have already received their confirmation. Thanks so much to all that entered!
I did this look yesterday Just trying to use Bright Future from Style Warrior & make it work for me! It’s better than the last round, but in truth, it doesn’t top Going Bananas or Bright Sunshine — I’d prefer both of those over Bright Future. I find Chrome Yellow to be hard to wear, because it is so yellow, and I think the same issue is here with Bright Future.
What’s everyone doing for the long weekend?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Quick Frost pigment (whitish-gold), Bright Future eyeshdaow (bright yellow), Rule eyeshadow (matte orange), Coppering eyeshadow (orange-red), Firespot eyeshadow (orange), Texture eyeshadow (brownish-red), Soft Force eyeshadow (highlighter) Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Eversun beauty powder blush (coral-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Brave New Bronze lipstick (pinky nude), Tartlette lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Quick Frost = Frost; Bright Future = Bright Sunshine/Chrome Yellow; Firespot = Goldmine+Coppering; Soft Force = Nylon; Eversun = Springsheen; Brave New Bronze = Honeylove; Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Quick Frost pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Bright Future eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Firespot eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Overlay outer lid with Coppering eyeshadow. Darken crease with Rule eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Texture eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Soft Force eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lucky Liner on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Eversun blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Brave New Bronze lipstick to lips, and then top with Tartlette lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →