Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Light Smoky Eye makes it easy to wear during the day and into the night as the party revs up. Don’t worry about looking too done during the day, because this smoky eye is quite subtle.
Gold & Copper make an excellent combination that’s festive, appropriate for the event, and it’s not too bold or too subtle. You can always darken the crease and smoke the outer lid color(s) out to amp up the drama.
Run to Get Beiges de Chanel, because it will answer every single neutral eye woe you could possibly have. Smooth, buttery eyeshadows that belong to the neutral color family makes this quad an excellent choice to create a subtle eye for New Year’s Eve.
The Ol’ Colored Liner Trick for no fuss, no muss eyes. One of my favorite ways to look festive or add something fun to my makeup is playing around with colored eyeliner. It lets you add color without going overboard. Sometimes when I know I’ll be wearing makeup all day and night, I’d actually rather wear less makeup than more, so a neutral eye with a pop of colored liner is always a good choice.
Clean, Sophisticated Neutrals is never a bad way to go for an event look. This is one of my favorite looks I have ever done, because I think it complimented my skin tone and eye shape really well–and I think it can work for just about everybody. The black liner on the upper and lower lash lines also increases the drama without going overboard.
Go Big Red with Just Gold Liner to accent eyes without drawing attention away from your pucker.
Matte Eyes & Berry Lips make for an easy combination that looks sophisticated and fun!
Berry Bold with a near matte berry lip with lots of shimmer and sparkle will give you one sexy pucker that’s sure to be noticed before the clock strikes midnight!
Vamp the Night Away with an unforgivably dark and dramatic lip color, like Jampacked and Bing mattene from the fall. Vampy lips were all the rage this past fall, so I am sure you have one or two shades that would fit the bill.
Just a Cat Eye, Please to get you through the night. It’s easy to maintain, lasts all night, and it gives you way more attention to perfect your cherry-red lips!
Wear Jewel-tones in Teal & Blue to really add drama to the eyes. Both colorful and dark, it offers something less traditional than a gray/black smoky eye.
Pinks & Browns are quite complimentary for most skin tones, and it’s a great way to add color to an ensemble. It’s color-rich, but it isn’t really a jumbling of crazy in-your-face bright shades.
Match Gold and Green together as a great way to bring a classic holiday color (gold) to a more modern level.
Bright Purples is a nice way to go feminine and colorful all at once. The purples are bright enough to attract attention, but they aren’t so primary that it looks garish.
The Black Smoky Eye is always something to consider doing when you have a really fun event to go to. It’s definitely not something you’d wear to a wedding by any means, but to a New Year’s Eve party? Quite possibly! This is one of the easiest looks I’ve ever done, but I’ve always received a lot of compliments on it when I wear it. I also love this black-gold alternative, too.
10 Amazing Products Reviewed During 2008
Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer for an easy-to-use day time moisturizer that’s lightweight, doesn’t cause acne, and keeps your skin moisturized all day long. Added benefit? It’s in techy air-less packaging, which means the ingredients don’t get contaminated by you or the air.
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment will help solve that no-good, stubborn-as-hell pimple that just hurts and is killing you to look at.
Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect is such a delicious combination of subtle color and shimmer–I absolutely adore it for a great everyday go-to kind of color and product.
Burberry The Beat Eau de Parfum is still a favorite scent that I keep on my bathroom counter, and I can only say that there are three that have made a home there. The Beat is in good company with Dior Addict and Vera Wang’s Look.
Calvin Klein Delicious Light Glistening Lip Gloss is my new favorite lipgloss formula. I love the way it lasts for awhile, comes in a good range of colors, and feels like a dream on my lips. Lightweight, pigmented, and sophisticated shimmer–YES!
I chose these products out of many, because these are products I use again and again and would continue to repurchase in the future if needed. These are truly some of my favorite products I had the chance to try during the year, but they are products I feel good about recommending to all of you.
Chanel Beiges de Chanel Quad really stole my heart this year. I’m totally digging neutral looks these days, and this is the perfect quad to arm yourself with for foolproof neutral eyes.
MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator was such an amazing exfoliator for both the body and the face, and I truly am disappointed to see that there is no news of it returning or becoming part of the permanent line. I am all out of mine, unfortunately, so I can only dream now!
Clarisonic For Better Skin, not to mention cleaner, healthier skin. 100% worth the initial costs!
Lush Sweet Japanese Girl may have rubbed some of you the wrong way with its design, but the product itself feels amazing and keeps my skin feeling fab.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils really stole the show when it came to eyeliners. They may have been around beforehand, but it wasn’t until 2008 that I had the chance to try them (and totally fall head over heels in love with them!).
Today, let’s celebrate both the passing of 2008 and beginning of 2009 by reminiscing about some of the most popular, favorite, and just plain ol’ fun posts from Temptalia over the past year.
10 Most Popular Posts of 2008
1. Eye Diagram, Parts of the Eye was the most popular post from this past year. It describes the different parts of the eye (like the crease, inner lid, etc.) with a photo diagram.
2. Tutorial for a Super Black & Gold Smoky Eye is an ultra dramatic smoky eye, perfect for your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
3. Need help getting out of a beauty rut? Temptalia readers offer their tips and advice on how to break free of that rut and get back into the groove of all things beauty!
4. Tutorial for a Blue & Green Eye that isn’t all that dramatic nor overly smoky–but it is jam-packed with color! It features Gorgeous Gold on the inner lid, with softer blues and darker navies on the outer lid.
5. MAC Hello Kitty Photos was a huge hit, whether you loved it or hated it. It is most definitely a much anticipated collection for 2009!
6. Tutorial for a Ultra Smoky Green-Black Eye teaches you how to achieve a kicked up green and gold smoky eye with just a smidge of black-gold to accent the color.
7. Tutorial for an Easy Work-Safe Eye was designed as a neutral look for Valentine’s Day, but it is also perfect for low-key events or even office-appropriate situations! Kick it up with a bright red lip!
8. First Video Tutorial featuring a smoky silver-blue eye. Pretty self-explanatory!
9. Tutorial for an Orange & Pink Eye is a neutral eye with a lot of pop and sizzle with Molten Sol liquidlast liner to brighten up the eye.
10. MAC Cosmetics: Guide For the Newly Addicted is a series of articles written to introduce you to the brand, from recommendations to advice!
When was the last time you shopped your stash? When did you rediscover a product you used to love or a product you only used once or twice?