Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Neutral Makeup: Go Away Rainy Days
Even though it was a miserable, rainy day, I decided to warm things up with Bobbi Brown’s Bonfire Palette!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), (medium taupe gray), Bobbi Brown Cafe Cream EyeshadowBobbi Brown Bonfire Eyeshadow (light copper), Bobbi Brown Cognac Eyeshadow (dark chocolate brown), Bobbi Brown Bone Eyeshadow (matte white-beige), Milani Gold Liquif’Eye Eyeliner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever Quickie (6) HD Blush (pink with a little coral)
- Lips: MAC Peachstock Lipstick (peach nude), MAC Double Dare Cremesheen Glass (red-coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 188 (small stippling brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Cafe Cream eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bonfire eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Cognac eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Cognac eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Bonfire eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Bone eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Gold eyeliner on the lower lash line and Bonfire eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Quickie blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 188.
For lips, apply Peachstock lipstick first, and then layer Double Dare cremsheen glass for a complementing lip.
When you get a new beauty product, what’s the first thing you do? Swatch, use it, drool over it?
Figure out where it falls in my blogging timeline, put it in the right box, but after that point, I photograph everything first before swatching or using!
Thanks to Dolce Aria for this question!
MAC Pret-a-Papier Collection for Summer 2010
U.S. Launch Date: April 22nd, 2010
International Launch Date: May 2010
Craft Paper Couture – an inspired idea cut like a pattern and whipped up into a frisky little “funny face” frock. Then, strip it back to its essence for Summer 2010 for a Pret-a-Papier colour collection. It was a Project Runway challenge of sorts, with paper as the source, the instigator of ideas, the beginning of something simply, basically beautiful. Lipstick, LipGlass, Eye Shadow, Paint Pot, Chromografic Pencil, Studio Fix Lash, Impeccable Brow Pencil, Sheertone and Mineralize Blushes, and Nail Lacquer in a seamless spectrum of parchment-to-vellum beiges, with an occasional, clever colour spill, coral among the most au courant.”
Win It! 100,000 Years of Beauty!
In February, I reviewed 100,000 Years of Beauty, which is a study of beauty through the years commissioned by L’Oreal. After the excited response from readers, L’Oreal is giving Temptalia readers the chance to win their very own set! L’Oreal has been kind enough to allow ALL Temptalia readers to win–international, domestic, wherever! Two winners will be chosen randomly to each win the book series.
- Prize: Two (2) readers will receive a copy of 100,000 Years of Beauty (retail value of $295)
- How to win: Leave a comment telling me which part of the 100,000 Years of Beauty are you most excited to read? The “book” consists of five parts: Foundations, Civilisations, Confrontations, Globalisation, and Projections.
All entries must be submitted by March 21st, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Congratulations to K & Kat!
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick: Gabrielle, Rouge Orage, Ballet Russe
A few more swatches of Rouge Coco! That’s all I have currently!
- Gabrielle is a bright blue-based red with a slightly glossy sheen. It reminded me of the glory that is Dragon Rouge Allure Laque, though not quite as glossy or bright, in a different texture!
- Rouge Orage is a darkened reddish coral with a little bit of pink undertones.
- Ballet Russe is a vamp-y wine-berry that’s dark but not ultra dark.
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
MAC Liberty of London stuff — Give Me Liberty of London eyeshadow, A Different Groove & Perennial High Style lipglasses, and Peachstock lipstick.
I have two finals and a midterm on Monday/Tuesday, so my weekend is spoken for by textbooks
Oh, and Vote for Mellan! LOL 😀
Now… have at it!