Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Urban Decay Ink For Eyes is creamy, eye liner goodness!
For fall, Urban Decay launched Ink For Eyes ($22.00 each), which is a brand new cream eyeliner available in six shades just dead-on perfect for the upcoming fall season. Urban Decay tells us their secret ingredient is Nylon 12, which is an ingredient that limits drag for a smoother, more precise application while it softens and absorbs excess oil. I put on Zero yesterday, and it didn‘t smudge or fade on me, so I’m pretty happy with the wear on these so far.
The packaging is sleek and edgy, with a peacock drawing on the cover of the gunmetal-gray box. Flip it open, and you’ll find a sleek, narrow mirror, a double-ended brush (smudge tip and angled brush), plus the star – a strip of the actual ink.
- Binge is a rich, dark navy blue. It’s blue without being bright, and it’s dark without losing all of the blue. It’s definitely more navy blue than black-blue, too. You can also go less heavy to get a little more blue to stand out or go heavier and get a deeper color.
- Empire is a deep violet-purple with a little bit of sheen/glimmer. It’s pigmented, smooth, and really creamy when applied with a brush.
- Demolition is a deep, dark brown. It’s not too warm–almost seems cool-toned to me–and intense. Very creamy and chocolately.
- Zero is an intense, rich black. There’s really not much else to describe it as — it’s really quite black! I am *all* over liners and mascaras that are this rich in black.
- Loaded is a medium-deep forest green with tiny greenish-silver shimmer. It has good color pay off, and I love that it’s noticeably green, but it isn’t bright or OTT at all.
- Pyrotechnics is a sheer, glittery base. It has multi-colored glitter and goes on mostly clear. Layer it over one of the others or underneath one of the others to add more glitz!
Of the six, my favorites would have to be Zero (for how pitch-black it is), Empire (because can you just imagine how gorgeous it would be with Fishnet layered on top?), and Pyrotechnics (love that you can add glitter in an easy-to-use pencil form). What are your favorites? Have you tried these yet?
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Eccentricity Mineralize Eyeshadow!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Eccentricity Mineralize Eyeshadow, from the limited edition MAC Colour Craft Collection.
Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us what feature you’d love to see on Temptalia in the future.
All entries must be submitted by July 20th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!). Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
Congratulations Tammy D.! Thank you for participating!
Do you enjoy doing other people’s makeup? Why/why not?
Yes, and no! It can be really fun sometimes, but other times, it can be very frustrating if you can’t give them what they’re looking for.
#10, 5, 75, 39,
I love trying out new color combinations, and lately, I’ve been a little stumped when I’ve gone to the “drawing board” aka the mirror/my face. I thought I might try thinking up some combinations in advance so that I’m not staring at myself in the mirror for ten minutes like an idiot, LOL! I thought I’d share four I managed to come up with
Check out three more! Continue reading →
I know, I know! This sale is HUGE. I’ll definitely to a round-up post at the end with some of my favorites, recommendations, etc.
See the second half of Nordstrom’s Beauty Exclusives… Continue reading →
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale is *right* around the corner!
A few weeks ago, we gave you a hefty list of many of the sale goodies, including GWPs. Now, we’re sharing with you the full details complete with high res imagery. Products available for pre-sale online have been linked to for you, as well! There are so many items available this year, so this post only contains half of the beauty items. A second post will follow with the second half of the beauty items, as well as a post on fragrance exclusives, and another on GWPs specifically. You can also check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Preview Catalog, too!
See the first half of the beauty exclusives… Continue reading →