Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC In the Studio Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
Dramatic, daring Lashes have been a chic and urbane part of the modern Artist’s persona since Edie and friends made it all happen Downtown, on block-print canvas or grainy 16-millimetre film. Multi-media, counter-culture, the ultimate cool. In The Studio is the epitome of the look updated, featuring new Studio Fix Lash in Bl ack Fix or Studio Brown, with the latest thermoplastic synth-rubber moulded brush, designed to kill clump as it separates lashes. The perfect complement? Studio Fix Powder, a powder and foundation-in-one, combining complete coverage with ease of application, goes on dry with a matte, velvety texture. Silica keeps the matte flat and absorbs oil, and talc smoothes it out. Go for the bold stroke, as they do In The Studio.
Studio Fix Lash ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Black Fix Black
- Studio Brown Brown
Studio Fix Powder ($26.00 U.S. / $31.00 CDN)
MAC Cosmetics Love Lace Collection
U.S. Launch Date: December 26th, 2009
Every couturier has forever had a fascination with the mysterious and alluring qualities of Lace. From Evita to Marlene Dietrich to some of the best-dressed of our red-carpet modern screen stars, it’s a long love affair. This salon-intimate collection is all about a dramatic, intense, smoky eye, with shadows that flash frosty grey to deep blue. Kohl Power is brought back for a limited time in favourite shades plus a new blackened marine blue. And naturally, 44 Lash adds the depth and desire. Lips stay pleasingly pale and Nail Lacquer in Light Affair adds a hint of danger. If ever there was a moment to do away with the winter doldrums and add some instant intrigue, this is it.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S.)
- Pretty Please Pale pink pearl (Lustre) (Permanent)
- Intricate Frosted cool icy taupe (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lipglass ($14.00 U.S.)
- Icescape Sheer pale pink with pink pearl (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
- Utterly Discrete Sheer frosted cool icy mauve (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow ($14.50 U.S.)
- Pincurl Dusty white (Frost) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
- Hypnotizing Frosted grey mauve (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Love Lace Frosted mid-tone greyish blue (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
- Suave Intentions Light frosted silver blue (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Kohl Power ($14.50 U.S.)
- Sense of Style Blackened deep marine blue (Limited Edition)
- Raven Intense red with black pearl (Limited Edition)
- Feline Rich black (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S.)
- Light Affair Creamy pale grey taupe (Cream) (Limited Edition)
MAC in Lillyland (Lilly Pulitzer) Collection
U.S. Launch Date: January 7th, 2010
When M∙A∙C meets the lore and legend that is Lilly Pulitzer, you get a fabulous and funky fun new chapter: a bit of Mar-a-Lago, some well-to-do winky-wink, and a dash of retro-modern pop culture mayhem in prints and colours that make it hip to be in permanent happy land! A collaboration that feels like the best tongue-in-chic resort retort, with all the wonderful prints and Key West colour combinations Lilly has done so beautifully since, well, forever! Fly down to South Florida, with M∙A∙C in Lillyland!
Lipgelee ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Lush & Bright Bright pink yellow-coral with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Preppy Blue-pink with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
- Shift to Pink Light violet with silver pearl (Limited Edition)
- Resort Life Off-white with pink pearl (Limited Edition)
Pearlmatte Eyeshadow ($19.50 U.S. / $25.50 CDN)
- Three shades (white, green, pink) in a flower pattern (Limited Edition)
Pearlmatte Face Powder ($27.50 U.S. / $32.50 CDN)
- Four shades in a flower pattern (Limited Edition)
Cremeblend Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
- Joie-de-Vivre Peachy coral (Limited Edition)
- Florida Bright fuchsia (Limited Edition)
- Optimistic Orange Bright coral (Limited Edition)
- So Sweet, So Easy Light yellow pink (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
- Coconut Ice Light yellow peach pink (Cream) (Limited Edition)
- Steamy Hot N Steamy pink (Cream) (Permanent)
See more products… Continue reading →
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick
The Scarlet Season: MAC Dubonnet Lipstick
MAC Dubonnet Lipstick ($14.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a rich, deep shade of red with more of a brownish tone. It’s not really a blue-based red, nor an orange-based red–it’s truly one of those shades that works well on many skin tones. (Kind of like MAC’s Viva Glam I Lipstick!) It has a redder, richer look than VGI, plus it has the glossy sheen (though no shimmer). It applies opaque in just one layer, and it clings to lips without being drying. It holds up and wears for a good four or five hours and afterward, it does leave a slight stain behind. Definitely one of MAC’s must-haves!
What about you? Would you wear this red?
The Scarlet Season is a series of posts showcasing and featuring my favorite shades of red lips–from glosses to lipsticks that runs through December 2009. You can sure expect to see a lot of red this holiday season!
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Recommend your favorite book or tell us what you just started reading; share a great dessert recipe or a photo of your pet (which is sure to be the cutest, yeah?).
First, I’ll share mine!
I bought Guerlain Gems Lipstick (yes, a backup!!) from Nordstrom earlier this week… and I also picked up Philosophy’s Pumpkin Spice Lip Shine & Lip Exfoliator from Sephora online!
Now… have at it!
Plus, it’s Santa Paws… Continue reading →
So here’s a tip about using all matte eyeshadows (or matte products in general): make sure you’re exfoliated and well-moisturized. My eyelids were a touch dry on the inner lid, and the mattes really enhanced that dryness. The same thing is true if you have drier skin and opt for a matte finish foundation; it doesn’t always go so well! Winter is being particularly brutal to my skin lately, but I imagine that has more to do with the fact that we’ve seen some below 50 temperatures here in California (hey, WE freeze at 50 degrees here!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Blanc Type eyeshadow (matte white-beige), Malt eyeshadow (pinky-beige), Wedge eyeshadow (soft brown), Bisque eyeshadow (pink nude), Lancome Plum Tease Gel Artliner (plum), Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner (dark purple-plum), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Petalpoint blush (raspberry-pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (icy rose highlighter)
- Lips: Giorgio Armani #600 Rouge d’Armani lipstick (fuchsia plum), Lancome Untamed Plum La Laque Fever (muted plum)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Petalpoint = Well-Dressed + Breath O’ Plum
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner and middle lid, apply Blanc Type eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Malt eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Wedge eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Bisque eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Rockstar Liner on lower lash line, and Lancome Plum Tease Gel Artliner on the upper lash line using the 209. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petalpoint blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Giorgio Armani #600 Rouge d’Armani lipstick to lips, and then top with Lancome Untamed Plum La Laque Fever for color and shine.