Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Check out these ladies who took the Temptalia Red Lips Challenge! Keep those submissions coming — I want to see YOU rockin’ the glorious red lip! Make sure you see the first round of submissions and second round, too! I will keep the challenge open until the 31st–so keep on submitting them.
Continue reading →
A softer Neo Sci Fi themed look I didn’t pick up Time & Space/Magnetic Fields, but I used Bronze & Smut as substitutes instead. Replace at will!
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Femme-fi eyeshadow (LE) on inner lid, Evening Aura eyeshadow (LE) on middle of lid, Expensive Pink eyeshadow on outer lid, Bronze eyeshadow on outer crease, Smut eyeshadow in outer crease, Femme-fi eyeshadow (LE) above crease and on brow, Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line, Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. I had Posey blushcreme with Other Worldly blush (LE) on cheeks. I wore Sci Fi Delity lipstick (LE) with Pink Grapefruit lipglass (LE) on lips.
** These are recommendations for dupes based on permanent colors available — may not necessarily be identical; they are the closest I can think of!
Femme-fi = Shroom; Evening Aura = Juiced + Nylon; Other Worldly = Honour; Sci Fi Delity = New York Apple (blotted); Pink Grapefruit = Lychee Luxe
Continue reading →
TEMPERATURES SIZZLE, BUT THE PERFECT BALANCE LIES WITHIN REACH. COOL HEAT. NOT AN OXYMORON: SUMMER’S CHILLEST LOOK. FIVE SLIMSHINE LIPSTICKS, SEVEN EYE SHADOWS, AND TWO SKIN-COOLING FRAGRANCES: SUMMER’S FAVOURITE TURQUATIC, AND INTRODUCING ITS SISTER SHADE, TURQUATIC HEAT. SOME LOOKS ARE TOO HOT FOR SUMMER TO HANDLE BUT NOT COOL HEAT. FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR, IT FEELS JUST RIGHT.
- Tropic Glow Blue pink with silver pearl (frost)
- By Degrees Neutral brown pink (frost)
- Gentle Summer Light clean yellow pink with white pearl (frost)
- High 90′s Clean pink orange (frost)
- Swelter Sheer clean red (frost)
- Solar White Frosty muted white gold (frost)
- Warming Trend Frosty light taupe (veluxe pearl)
- Warm Chill Frosty seafoam green with gold pearl (frost)
- Gulf Stream Frosty mid-tone blue green with green pearl (frost)
- Cool Heat Frosty teal with multi-dimensional pearl (frost)
- Climate Blue Mid-tone violet blue with pink pearl (velvet)
- Blue Flame Dirty metallic navy blue (veluxe pearl)
- Hue: Tuquatic Keynotes: Lotus Leaves, Corsican Cedrat, Anemone, Orris and Blue Cedar
- Hue: Turquatic Heat Keynotes: Cedrat saturated with the clear effervescence of Mineral Water, Lotus Flower, Opulent Orris, Jasmine and Tiare Soul.
Available June 2008.
See more photos… Continue reading →
The point between love and lust is this succulent, tender, and eat-me as all bon-bon-tinted lip balm. Six new, four popular bring-backs. All of them sheer, satiny, sun-protective and moisturizing. Some richly tinted to provide summer’s deepest sexiest stain. Others deliciously and lightly cotton candy. Delicately strawberry-kiwi-flavoured.
Tendertones Lip Balm SPF12
- Tread Gently Soft lime green with yellow pearl
- E-Z Baby Sheer milky pink
- Honey Bare Rosy blue pink with white and gold pearl
- Hot n’ Saucy Soft cherry red
- Sweet & Nice Sheer red grape with red pearl
- Take A Hint Sheer peach with white pearl
- Hush, Hush Sheer gold with yellow gold pearl
- Sweet Tooth Sheer coral with white pearl
- Pucker Sheer berry with red pearl
- Deep Sigh Sheer grape brown with red pearl
Suggested Retail Price: $14.50 US/$17.50 CDN. Available June 2008 at all MAC locations, 1.800.387.6707 and www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out more photos… Continue reading →
This May, Lancôme is proud to launch Brazilian Earth Colors by Daria Werbowy. Created by Lancôme spokesmodel Daria Werbowy, these three products include a lipstick, lip gloss and eyeshadow quartet. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Centro Espacial Vik Muniz, a group that supports arts education programs for young adults in Rio de Janeiro.
The project came about after Daria visited one of the Centro Espacial programs as part of a trip to Brazil. She toured the facilities and was treated to a special performance by the young adults who study a variety of specialties there. Moved by what she saw, she approached the Lancôme team about creating products that could be sold to benefit Centro Espacial. The team enthusiastically agreed and Daria quickly visited the labs outside of Paris to learn about mixing makeup. The product development and research teams showed her how to blend colors and choose textures and ingredients. A fan of neutral shades, Daria decided upon beautiful nudes that call to mind some of the earth tones she saw in Brazil.
Brazilian Earth Colors by Daria Werbowy will launch this May around the world. In the United States, it will be available exclusively at Sephora, the Lancôme boutiques and www.lancome-usa.com.
The Daria Collection includes the following new products: Color Fever Lipstick in Beige Caracai, $26.00, Color Fever Gloss in Nude Prainha, $24.00, Color Design Eye Shadow Quad in Carnet de Velours, $45.00
Before Swimming / After Swimming
Waterproof Your Makeup: The Temptalia Experiment
It’s nearly summer, and temperatures are heating up everywhere. It’s becoming time to shed those pants, pop on a swimsuit, and head out to the pool/lake/beach. Or maybe it’s time to sweat a whole lot while doing something outdoor-sy. And if you live in Florida, maybe just going from your house to your mailbox. (Ha!) So, here at Temptalia, I tried to think of how would I make my makeup withstand moderate amounts of water and summer-related-abuse.
So what’s the verdict? Continue reading →