NYFW Fall/Winter 2010: AVEDA @ Odile Gilbert
AVEDA @ Odile Gilbert
“The Rodarte hair look for this season is sleek and shiny—at once free-flowing yet controlled. I was inspired by the idea of a modern, young girl who is strong and capable yet sweet and innocent. The look is young and dreamlike, with handmade metal flowers that make a statement.” –Odile Gilbert for Aveda
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener for shine and sleekness, and blow-dry smooth with a flat brush.
- Create a clean left side part. Straighten hair layer by layer using a flat iron.
- Create anchors for the flower pins by forming three small braids along the scalp: one along the left side of the occipital ridge, one across the center of the head, and one vertically along the left side part. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
- Brush hair over the braids, keeping the left side part clean and strong. Spray each layer of hair with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray and blow-dry for intense hold and shine. Hair should be sleek and close to the head.
- Use small bobby pins to secure hair in a clean line from one side of the occipital ridge to the other, just above the nape of the neck. Let the ends of hair fall loosely in back and over both shoulders.
- Secure a selection of metal flower ornaments into the hair horizontally across the head, using the covered braids as anchors. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
See more photos!