NARS Summer 2011 Collection
The Summer 2011 Collection is a range of warm, sophisticated, shimmering shades, punctuated with shots of vivid, nature-defying color. Eyes are washed in icy sea foam, silver-green and frozen turquoise. Lips are infused with mandarin orange gloss and hot pink matte color. The look is finished with nails in bold sunflower yellow or matte opaque white for a modern, edgy effect that’s strictly NARS.
Trio Eyeshadow ($45.00)
- Cap Ferrat Icy sea form, silver green, icy turquoise (Limited Edition)
Duo Eyeshadow ($33.00)
- Dogon Metallic taupe with icy green sheen and charcoal black (Limited Edition)
- Exotic Dance Metallic white with silver sheen and metallic gold (Limited Edition)
Soft Touch Shadow Pencil ($24.00)
- Queen Modern citrus gold glitter (Limited Edition)
- Wonder Shiny, sheer mandarin orange with pink andgold shimmer (Permanent)
Velvet Matte Lip Pencil ($24.00)
- Bolero Pink cantaloupe (Permanent)
Pure Matte Lipstick ($25.00)
- Carthage Matte, hot pink (Permanent)
- Mayflower Sheer raspberry with shimmer (Permanent)
- New Order Soft pink with gold and silver shimmer (Permanent)
Nail Lacquer ($17.00)
- Ecume Opaque white (Limited Edition)
- Kismet Metallic sunflower (Limited Edition)
availability: April 15th @ narscosmetics.com
Q&A with Francois Nars + promo photos!
Q: Is there any makeup you would avoid when creating a summer look?
Francois NARS: There are no rules when it comes to seasonal makeup looks! When the temperatures rise, experiment with bright hues, and lighter textures. I love the way bold colors pop against bronzed skin.
Q: What products should a woman never be without this summer?
A: Cap Ferrat Trio Eyeshadow! It’s subtle, but sexy, and gives you a season’s worth of eye looks. Carthage Pure Matte Lipstick is also great –the hot pink color is so fresh and the matte texture is unexpected for summer.
Q: When creating each campaign, what are you trying to achieve?
A: I keep the image of NARS strong, edgy and fashion-forward, but still classic. NARS is a timeless brand. It is not a fashion moment that disappears. We keep the image ageless for a reason. I like trends but you can’t build a company on trends alone. The brand should be everlasting.
Q: Why did you choose Iris for the Summer 2011 campaign?
A: Iris is amazing; she is one of the sweetest people I know. She has such an amazing face, I love that she is so incredibly modern and sexy but edgy at the same time.