Myriad of Mascara – MAC’s Plushlash Mascara
MAC COSMETIC’S PLUSHLASH MASCARA ($11.00)
A mascara formulated to instantly plump up lashes for extreme voluptuous effect. Works fast. Builds volume smoothly and evenly from root to tip. Delivers a silky, flexible, full fan of lashes. Fluid formula lightly coats lashes one layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping. Goes on via an innovative, specially patented wand with a v-shaped groove that prunes the bristles on one side while leaving the other side full and lush. The short bristles coax the lashes upward to an extraordinarily sophisticated yet flirtatious curl, while the other side separates and combs the lashes root-to-tip creating a long, well-defined glamour lash. Volumizing, lengthening, curling, lifting. This mascara features everything you want, with all the top mascara no’s: no clumping, spiking, smudging or flaking.
- Applicator: Medium-sized length, but fairly thick and dense brush.
- Clumping: No real clumping even after three full coats – just a touch, but nothing unexpected after going for the gusto with coats.
- Curl: It actually provides a minimal, natural curl — the curl shown here is courtesy of a lash curler, but the mascara lends a touch of curl for lazy days.
- Ease: Compared to a lot of mascaras I’ve tested, not nearly as easy. It does take some getting used to, because one side of the brush is sort of flat, while the other one isn’t. After a few applications, you should be able to get the hang of it, though!
- Length: Lovely length; long, luscious lashes that looked glorious!
- Thickening: Thicker is definitely better, and this mascara gets a thumbs up for giving me gorgeous, thick lashes.
- Volume: Oh, can you believe it? Length, thickening, and volume! Yes, it’s true; Plushlash surely pumps up the density, giving me a great full set of lashes.
- Best: I really love Plushlash because I feel like it delivers on all the points it says it should. I get amazing length, ultra thick, voluminous lashes. It holds a curl, and it never flakes. What’s even better? It’s only $11! I know some drugstore mascaras retail for $8 or so. I also love that you can keep piling on the coats without worrying too much about clumping.
- Worst: None, honest. The brush might require some practice to get the right results you want, but I swear it isn’t so complicated that you won’t get it.
Check out one more shot of the LENGTHENING POWER! that is Plushlash!