Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner Launches
Staying true to our belief of never having to sacrifice color for performance, MAKE UP FOR EVER introduces another vibrant addition to our award-winning Aqua range – new Aqua Liner. This eye-catching, highly pigmented new collection of waterproof liquid eye liner was developed to outperform even in the most extreme environments. Aqua Liner was created to provide make up artists with the ultimate liquid liner that boasts precision, a 100% waterproof formula and a bold assortment of colors.
As the official make up sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami, MAKE UP FOR EVER put artists to work at the top 2011 swimwear shows testing Aqua Liner on models backstage. Their challenge was to create bold, show-stopping make up looks that wouldn’t melt or fade while on the runway under hot lights, performing in the water, or in the humid Miami climate. The end result? Aqua Liner guaranteed intense weather, tear and sweat-proof color that lasted through the shows.
Aqua Liner is formulated with acrylic copolymer, a hydrophobic macromolecule that forms a flexible film to lock water out. It contains 50% more polymers than traditional eyeliner formulations to ensure a long-lasting, waterproof result, as well as essential amino acids derived from apple juice for high-color intensity and bold pay-off.
Available in 15 vibrant shades with matte, iridescent and diamond finishes, Aqua Liner can be used to match all moods and styles. The long and dense, yet flexible applicator is designed like a make up brush handle to ensure easy application, with a specialized foam tip that delivers the ideal amount of texture for drawing an ultra precise line with a buildable result. Aqua Liner goes on evenly and dries quickly for a look that lasts all day and all night long.
- #1 Diamond Gold
- #3 Iridescent Emerald Green
- #4 Diamond Lagoon Green
- #5 Diamond Turquoise Blue
- #6 Iridescent Navy Blue
- #7 Diamond Black Purple
- #8 Iridescent Electric Purple
- #9 Iridescent Fuchsia
- #10 Iridescent Red
- #11 Diamond Burgundy
- #12 Mat Mocha
- #13 Mat Black
- #14 Diamond Multicolor Black
- #15 Iridescent Anthracite
availability: Sephora, $23 each
Check out face charts and step-by-step liner tutorial!
Make Up For Ever’s National Educator, Jessie Powers, gives a lesson in Liquid Liner 101 with these four steps:
1. Draw a thin line of liquid liner centered on the upper lash line directly above the pupil.
2. To create the liner “tail”, choose the end point of your tail slightly above and outside the natural lash line. Then, with your eyes open and focused forward, draw a line from the tail’s end point down toward the outer corner of the lash line.
3. Next, with the eyes open and focused forward, draw a line from the end of the tail connecting it to the liner on the center of the upper lash line. Continue these strokes until the tail is completely filled in.
4. Finally, draw a liner from the inner corner of the upper lash line to the middle of the upper lash line, connecting the two sections.