MAC To the Beach Makeup: Sweet & Punchy, Sand & Sun, Firecracker
Who knew that you could combine a lemon-y green and an orange-coral together and get something so beautiful–with ease! Seriously! I do have a tutorial (well, assuming the filming went OK) for this look coming soon as well. I also included a bit about how I applied the cream bronzer to my cheeks (which is totally easy, I swear).
Happy Friday everyone!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Shiseido Lemon Sugar Hydra Eyeshadow (soft lemon base), MAC Sweet & Punchy Eyeshadow (yellowed chartreuse), MAC Firecracker Eyeshadow (orange-coral), MAC Sand & Sun Eyeshadow (matte peach), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (highlighter), MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow (copper), MAC Float on By Eye Kohl (marine blue), Dior Extase Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Beach Bronze Cream Bronzer (sheer bronze), MAC Marine Life High Light Powder (coral-red)
- Lips: MAC Thrills Lipstick (copper rose), MAC Flurry of Fun Lipglass (sheer tangerine)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sweet & Punchy = Sour Lemon; Firecracker = Red Brick; Sand & Sun = Samoa Silk; Femme-fi = Shroom; Float on By = Urban Decay Deviant + Flipside; Beach Bronze = no dupe; Marine Life = NARS Deep Throat; Thrills = La Prairie Rose Bronze; Flurry of Fun = Reflects Transparent Teal + Enchantress
For eyes, start by applying Lemon Sugar eyeshadow as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow on the inner half of the lower lid. Then, apply Firecracker eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid with the 239 and bring into crease slightly. Lightly blend Sand & Sun eyeshadow on the middle of the lower lid, overlaying the other two eyeshadows, with the 239. Next, apply Amber Lights eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. Blend Femme-fi eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Float on By eyeliner on the lower lash line and Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Beach Bronze cream bronzer on the apples and upper cheekbones. Then, apply Marine Life powder to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Thrills lipstick first, and then layer Flurry of Fun lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!