MAC Sheen Supreme: Overall & Recommendations
OVERALL, it’s a good formula, and I think it adds some nice shades to MAC’s permanent range. I feel like there’s easily at least one shade that catches the eye. There is a good balance of cool, more neutral, and warm shades here, as well as brights and darks and everyday kind of shades. The majority of shades have some past shade compares closely, but for the most part, each shade doesn’t have five shades that are exactly the same either. (One must always keep in mind that not everyone has every past or present shade, and so what is easily duped for one person is a new holy grail shade for another!) It’s a solid release, and even better because they are permanent.
Photos, Reviews, Swatches
Check out my recommendations, what to check your stash for, what to skip, and recommendations by skin tone!
must-haves: Can’t Resist, Ultra Darling
nice-to-haves: Can’t Get Enough, Full Speed, Quite the Thing!
Skip if you have…
- Skip BARE AGAIN if you have HUG ME; the latter is just sheerer.
- Skip BEHAVE YOURSELF if you have VIVA GLAM GAGA; the latter is the slightest bit cooler.
- Skip CAN’T GET ENOUGH if you have SWEET EVER AFTER; it is just a little darker.
- Skip FULL SPEED if you have RED FULL STOP; they’re nearly identical.
- Skip GOOD TO BE BAD if you have DARKSIDE; it’s just slightly sheerer but otherwise quite close. Also similar to Love Peck.
- Skip INSANELY IT! if you have FUSION PINK; it is just slightly redder.
- Skip NEW TEMPTATION if you have MAC RED; unless you want something sheerer.
- Skip QUITE THE THING! if you have REBEL; unless you’re looking for something sheerer and with shimmer.
- Skip ULTRA DARLING if you have CROSSWIRES; it is just a little brighter.
Recommendations by Skin Tone
Please note that this section is merely suggesting shades that would complement a particular skin tone better than other shades, but these lists are meant to be more, rather than less, exhaustive of the entire collection; it’s not reflective of must-haves for your skin tone. When it comes to cooler/warmer skin tones, these are products that lean noticeably cool/warm and therefore complement the corresponding skin tone better (but it does not mean you can’t wear a warmer product if you’re cooler!).
- light skin tones: Bare Again, Behave Yourself, Can’t Get Enough, Good to Be Bad, Gotta Dash!, Impressive, Quite the Thing, Ultra Darling
- medium skin tones: Can’t Resist, Full Speed, Gotta Dash!, Impressive, Insanely It, Quite the Thing, Ultra Darling
- dark skin tones: Can’t Resist, Full Speed, Good to Be Bad, Insanely It, Look at Her!, New Temptation, Quite the Thing
- cool undertones: Behave Yourself, Can’t Resist, Good to Be Bad, Insanely It, New Temptation, Quite the Thing, Supremely Confident
- warm undertones: Bare Again, Can’t Get Enough, Can’t Resist, Full Speed, Gotta Dash!, Look at Her!, Ultra Darling
- universally flattering shades: Can’t Resist, Good to Be Bad, Impressive