Front Lit, High Strung, Hold the Pose, Lovin’ It, Full Body Lipsticks
MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Lipsticks
Five different lipstick shades are available with the MAC Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection: Front Lit, High Strung, Hold the Pose, Lovin’ It, and Full Body. None of the new lipsticks really called out to me–they were a bit too blah, I suppose. I actually found Front Lit the one that intrigued me most, just because it has a very pretty shimmer to it, but it’s certainly not a must-have. Lip swatches will be posted tomorrow
- Front Lit is a sheer, frosty gold shimmer shade. It doesn’t add much color, but it does add a lot of shimmer.
- High Strung is a sheer brassy rose with golden shimmer with a frosty finish. This is a permanent shade.
- Hold the Pose is a sheer brown-plummy shade with soft golden shimmer and a bit of glossiness. It has a lustre finish, which is why I was expecting it to be sheer. It gives my lips a bit of a rosy plum look, but otherwise, it doesn’t add much to my lips.
- Lovin’ It is a neutral brownish-coral with a light frosty sheen. It’s a lustre finish, so it applies sheerly.
- Full Body is a semi-sheer, dark plummy shade with red tones. Also a lustre, this particular shade does pack a bit more color than the average lustre finish.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: Muted, fall tones reign supreme in this collection–if you love the lustre finish, then definitely check these out!
See up-close photos and swatches…
Front Lit, High Strung, Hold the Pose Lipsticks
Hold the Pose, Lovin’ It, Full Body Lipsticks
Please do not redistribute or republish these photos without permission. We invite you to link back to this post if you enjoy it and wish to share it with others. Thank you!