OVERALL, the new Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolours present an interesting alternative to the clear/mirror gloss coat they had in the past. The new shades are diverse from existing shades, which is great since MAC hasn’t come out with new shades in what seems like forever! Also, Alta Moda? It’s here! I know that a few of you asked me about it, because you couldn’t find it – now you can. My favorite was Ripe & Ready/Soft & Lush and Red Reflection/Mirror. Red Flame/Orange Flicker looks beyond amazing, but I don’t see myself rockin’ the color often (or maybe ever).
(You can read the color story here.)
Check out individual product reviews…
Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour
- Pink Air/White Top starts with a frosty pale pink (kind of like a paler version of “pornstar pnk”) as the liquid color, while White Top is a clear with pink iridescence to it. The gloss part reminds me of Luminary lustreglass or clear gloss and Pink Opal pigment. I don’t think I could pull this color off!
- Alta Moda/Hip Love starts with a dark, vampy red (see my post on Temptalia as a Vampire!) and finishes with a gloss coat (Hip Love) of a dirty peachy color. The gloss looks a lot redder in the tube, but it didn’t go on that way for me.
- Custom Rose/Pink Virtue starts off with a color base of a mauvey color with a little bit of brown in it. The gloss coat is a soft, champagne shimmer that’s quite sheer.
- Red Flame/Orange Flicker starts off with a vibrant yellow-based red that has a pop of orangey-red gloss to it. I see this being very eye-catching, but I’m not entirely sure if I could wear this color. It’s quite bright!
- Red Reflection/Mirror starts off with a berry fuchsia color base, and the gloss coat is a sheer, shimmery color (the same as the Mirror coat previous to the pro longwears). I love the shade of Red Reflection, though. It’s bright, but yet it’s not as bright as colors like Girl About Town lipstick.
- Ripe & Ready/Soft & Lush starts off with a color base of a pop of pink with a little bit of coral tone to it. The gloss coat is a soft, shimmering peachy-gold. To be honest, the gloss reminds me of my $50 Cle de Peau gloss! Ah! This color has my name all over it!
- Coco Lust/Sweet Sexy starts off with a color base that’s a warm, chocolate brown and finishes with a gloss coat of a soft coppery gold. I think this could be very flattering on deeper skintones.
** My store didn’t have Boss Brown/Slave to Pink or Gypsy Rose/Shimmer It – I’ll probably mention them next Friday, when Lustre Twins launches officially at all MAC stores!
- $$$$$ Yes is a repromote, a very frosty metallic color.
- Perplexing is a vibrant shade of purple, kind of like Parfait Amour in lacquer form. I found it went on a little streaky, though.
- Firehouse is a gorgeous bright red with orange shimmer. This stood out, and it definitely has a “wow” factor to it. It went on incredibly pigmented and smooth with just one coat!