Smooth Merge Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection Review – Part 2
OVERALL, the mineralize blushes were smooth and soft in texture with soft sheens. They all felt pigmented without being overly intense. (Personally, I want a blush that is buildable but is never sheer–hey, I can be heavy handed, so ultra pigmented blushes are not my forte!) I think MAC did a good job of providing shades that are wearable for a range of skin tones, rather than all warm-toned or cool-toned. Some felt like they would work just as well on both cool and warm-toned folks, while others ran a bit warmer. I didn’t feel like any ran particularly cool, though.
Colour Craft: Colour | Official Information/Promo Photos
Colour Craft: Face | Official Information/Promo Photos
Temptalia Product Photos (Eyeshadows, Lipglasses, Lipsticks)
Temptalia Product Photos (Blushes and Mineralize Skinfinishes)
The mineralize skinfinishes include five brand spankin’ new shades with just one repromote (Porcelain Pink). Again, keeping with the theme of the collection, these are smooth and soft in texture and have more of a soft sheen in finish than a glittery appearance. (Yay!) I don’t feel like any of these would earn the title “glitterbomb!” I also loved that Sunny By Nature was nearly matte in finish–really great to see something like that released. And of course, yay! for the repromotion of the 226!
Must-Haves: Daft Pink, Hand-finish mineralize blushes; Sunny By Nature, Smooth Merge, Warm Blend mineralize skinfinishes
Nice-to-Haves: Cheek & Cheerful, Improvise mineralize blushes; Cheeky Bronze, Porcelain Pink mineralize skinfinishes
Skip: Triple Fusion mineralize skinfinish
See detailed, in-depth reviews of individual products…
Cheek & Cheerful, Daft Pink, Fad-dabulous, Hand-finish Mineralize Blushes
Improvise, Style Demon Mineralize Blushes; Porcelain Pink, Cheeky Bronze Mineralize Skinfinishes
Mineralize Blush ($21.00 U.S./$25.00 CDN)
- Cheek & Cheerful is a coppery-bronze with a soft and smooth texture and a pearly sheen finish. It’s quite pigmented, and it didn’t feel like I needed to layer to get it to show up at all. It may be a bit too coppery/orange for some, though.
- Daft Pink is a soft pink with peachy sheen and soft sheen. It feels smooth to the touch, and it is fairly pigmented.
- Fad-dabulous is a warm adobe brown with earthy undertones. It has low level shimmer which appears mostly bronze-gold, and it has a softer sheen than blushes like Cheek & Cheerful.
- Hand-finish is a soft, subdued peachy shade. It’s not bright, but it’s still pigmented. I found this one to feel really unique amongst the six released today.
- Improvise is a soft peachy shade with a bit of pinky-coral undertones with a soft gold sheen finish. Smooth and pigmented, it looked pretty and seems like it will be flattering on a variety of skin tones.
- Style Demon is a muted reddish-brick shade with gold shimmer and soft sheen. It feels like a redder version of Fad-dabulous.
Mineralize Skinfinish ($27.00 U.S./$32.50 CDN)
- Cheeky Bronze is a apricot-bronze shade with gold sheen and slight shimmer. It feels like it has a more pearly look to it than frosty shimmer.
- Porcelain Pink is a soft, pale pink with a little bit of peach to it. It has soft silver-pink shimmer. Mine didn’t have a lot of gold swirls in it, so you might want to ask to pick yours. (Hey, for MSF addicts, this is the norm!)
- Sunny By Nature is a semi-matte sunny bronze-tan. I like that it has more of a matte finish while still delivering the smooth, soft texture of a mineralize skinfinish.
- Smooth Merge is a trio of shades including a soft, silvery-pink, apricot-pink, and whitish-bronze. When mixed, they create a lovely shade of medium berry-pink. It’s not a deep raspberry like Petticoat can be for some, but it’s a softer, subtler raspberry color. It has a soft texture with a light pearly sheen. It didn’t feel too shimmery as it did pearly.
- Triple Fusion features a trio of soft golden yellow, light peach, light raspberry pink. Together, they can be mixed to give a soft golden bronze with a light pink tone to it. I didn’t love it when swirled together, just because the color seems a bit muted and more like a highlighter. Like Smooth Merge, it has a soft, smooth texture with more of a sheen in appearance than shimmer.
- Warm Blend contains a trio of rich, warm bronzy-brown, slightly richer bronze brown, and a golden bronze. When swirled together, you’ll find a rich, warm-toned brown with soft gold sheen and just a touch of gold shimmer. This one is really quite stunning (reminded me of Natural Flare mineralize eyeshadow!), but I’m not entirely sure just how wearable this is going to be on cheeks. I felt this way with So Ceylon mineralize skinfinish, though, and I know that one is a huge hit amongst MSF fans.
Cheeky Bronze, Porcelain Pink, Sunny By Nature Mineralize Skinfinishes
Smooth Merge Mineralize Skinfinish
Triple Fusion Mineralize Skinfinish
Warm Blend Mineralize Skinfinish
- 226 is a small, tapered crease brush made out of natural fibres. It is amazing. Get it. Seriously! You can read my much lengthier review here.
- 131 is a medium-sized, duo fibre brush designed to be used with mineralize skinfinishes and blushes. I asked my favorite artist, Thang, at my local MAC what he was loving it for, and he said it was great for blushes and mineralize skinfinishes. Since I just got this, it’s hard to really tell you what it works best with–yet. It is incredibly soft, and it is fairly fluffy. It’s kind of like a flatter, thinner 129 mixed with the bristles of the 187 with the fluffiness of the 184. If that makes any sense to you at all, kudos!