MAC Colour Craft Collection – Backstage at the Photoshoot
MAC Cosmetics Colour Craft Collection – Backstage at the Photoshoot
Remember a few weeks ago when we were all wondering just how on earth MAC came up with the makeup used in this look?
Time for an Update!
Last week, we came across some behind-the-scenes photos from the Colour Craft photoshoot, and one of the photos showed a Ben Nye palette. After talking with MAC HQ, the Director of Makeup Artistry, Bianca Alexander, walked us through what was used for the photoshoot.
Here’s the breakdown she gave us:
- Use Brush 222 to highlight under the left brow with Passionate Eye Shadow.
- Blend Bitter Eye Shadow through the inner and center of eyelid with Brush 252.
- Use Smolder Eye Kohl to intensify the waterline, and follow with Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner on both upper and lower lashline.
- Use Brush 219 to blend Passionate Eye Shadow under lower lashline, diffusing the line outward for an airbrushed effect.
- Begin design on the left eye by using Brush 242 to shade a circle of Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow at the browbone.
- Switch to Brush 219 to shade a circle of Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow at the temple.
- Switch to a clean Brush 242 to shade a circle of Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow on the eyelid.
- Follow by using Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner to outline all circle shapes with a delicate black line.
- Begin design on the right eye by using Brush 219 to shade a circle of Passionate Eye Shadow at the browbone.
- Use Brush 242 to shade a circle at the temple with Natural Flare Mineralize Eye Shadow.
- Switch to the previous Brush 242 used to apply Fashion Patch Mineralize Eye Shadow on the left eye, and shade a circle at the crease to complete the right eye.
- Follow by using Rapidblack Penultimate Eye Liner to outline all circle shapes on the right eye with a delicate black line.
- Apply a generous coat of Zoomblack Zoom Lash Mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
- Hydrate and refine lips with an application of Prep + Prime Lip with Brush 311.
- Use Beet Lip Pencil to define lips before shading Lipstick in Trimming Talk along the outer edge with Brush 316.
- Highlight the center of the lip with Lipglass in Miss Marble and Girlish Romp Mineralize Eye Shadow.
The ever-talented artist Linn recreated the Colour Craft face chart using the products suggested, and she achieved:
See the backstage photos…