Here’s my Sugarsweet look from yesterday! 🙂 I used Red Velvet as I mentioned I probably would do, and to be honest, I wasn’t loving it. I felt like Red Velvet tended to eat color rather than amplify it. For those interested, Red Velvet and Dear Cupcake feel like virtually the same color; when I patted Dear Cupcake over Red Velvet, there was no color change whatsoever. I had tried using both Sugarshot and Motif eyeshadows on the inner portion of the lid, but neither of them showed up; so I ended up packing on Goldmine eyeshadow to finally get some oomph in that area.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Red Velvet shadestick (dark pink), Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Dear Cupcake eyeshadow (pink-coral), Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Shadowy Lady eyeshadow (dark burgundy-purple), Femme-fi eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Ransom Liner (dark purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude), Dior Coral Riviera blush (soft coral)
- Lips: Lollipop Loving lipstick (sheer coral-green), Chanel Tangerine Dream Aqualumiere Gloss (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Red Velvet = Fuchsia; Dear Cupcake = Paradisco; Refined = Soft & Gentle; Lollipop Loving = no dupe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Red Velvet shadestick all over the lid as the base. On the inner lid, apply Goldmine eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Dear Cupcake eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Shadowy Lady eyeshadow using the 226, then overlay with Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 129, then highlight with Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 188. Apply Lollipop Loving lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Tangerine Dream Aqualumiere Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos!