Look – Experiment with Purple & Green
I’m feeling encouraged by yesterday’s look post (because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post this since it was more experimental than anything else), so I wanted to share with you a look I attempted a week or so ago. I wanted to try a color combination I hadn’t done before (it’s not always easy to think of something that is different AND could work!), and this is what I came up with. I didn’t like it at first, but as I looked at it throughout the day, I decided I really liked the eyes and thought the application was better than my usual is. I just had no idea what kind of lip color made a good pairing! Nude looked odd, too purple looked odd, and too pink doesn’t seem like it complements. I was thinking maybe a really shamelessly bold, wine/burgundy/purple lip might have rocked it (think Rebel lipstick).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), True Chartreuse pigment (chartreuse), Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Overgrown eyeshadow (chatreuse), Fig. 1 (medium wine), Shadowy Lady eyeshadow (deep burgundy), Crystal Avalanche eyeshadow (white highlighter), Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 Liner (blue-violet), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Fun Fun lipstick (light pinky-purple), Tartlette lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Overgrown = Bitter; Fun Fun = Snob; Tartlette = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply True Chartreuse pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Goldmine eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Overgrown eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Fig. 1 eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Shadowy Lady eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Crystal Avalanche eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Ransom Liner on lower lash line. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Fun Fun lipstick to lips, and then top with Tartlette lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!