La Prairie “Plumage de Nuit” Fall 2009 Colour Collection
La Prairie has long been synonymous with impeccable taste and skincare science beloved by the most discerning clients worldwide. Not only does the brand have an affinity for launching cult favorite anti-aging skincare products, but the signature attention to detail in form and function extends to colour as well.
For Fall 2009, La Prairie proudly introduces “Plumage de Nuit,” or Feathers of the Night, colour collection. A complete colour story – in rich shades of browns, purples and wine, interlaced with gold and copper – with products for the eyes, lips, cheeks and face, the collection evokes a feeling of renewed glamour and sophistication. The exquisite makeup, encased in La Prairie’s signature chic silver compacts, make for the ultimate purse accessory.
La Prairie Colour Ambassador Raychel Wade, renowned makeup artist and founder of Cheek to Chic cosmetic consultancy in New York City, says of the collection, “As a professional makeup artist, I seek out high-performing products in wearable shades that enhance my client’s natural beauty without complication. Women need to wear makeup – not have the makeup wear them. The “Plumage de Nuit” collection is so versatile, the various components can work for anyone – whether 25 or 65, a makeup novice or makeup pro. The colours are rich, and the textures are buildable, providing endless options for various looks.”
Cellular Treatment Eye Colour Ensembles (Limited Edition) ($70.00)
- Les Sandpipers Quad of warm golden colors
- Les Doves Quad of cool silver and platinum hues
Cellular Luxe Lip Colours ($55.00)
- Molten Copper
- Cardinal Rouge
- Velvet Plum
Cellular Lip Colour Effects ($40.00)
- Maribou Glace Pink
- Firefly Glace Peachy copper
Cellular Treatment Powder Blush Duo (Limited Edition) ($55.00)
- Rosy Lovebirds Rose/pink duo
- Peachy Lovebirds Peach/bronze duo
Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder ($60.00)
- Soft Glow
Available: August 2009 at Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and www.laprairie.com.
Get tips by Colour Ambassador Raychel Wade, plus see additional images…
A Professional’s Take on La Prairie’s Colour
Tips by Colour Ambassador Raychel Wade
1. An incandescent glow makes the face look younger, brighter and lighter. Apply Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder across the apples of the cheek (in an area no bigger than the size of a quarter) and down the bridge of your nose, finishing right on the tip.
2. Apply eye makeup first, even before foundation. This way you can easily clean up any excess powder that falls during application without smudging foundation or concealer.
3. For an instantly fuller pout, try applying a touch of Cellular Treatment Illuminating Face Powder directly on the bow of your lips before lipstick and gloss.
4. Don’t be afraid to experiment with eye liner – mixing and layering two pencil colors together gives a fresh, rich look.
5. To really help your eyes pop and give your eye liner a fabulous lasting affect, first apply a pencil in a color of your choice and then reinforce the pigment by applying a thick layer of similarly colored eye shadow powder.
6. When it comes to eye shadow quads, don’t feel pressured to use all four colors in a quad at once. Sometimes eye makeup looks just as pretty with one simple hue!
7. La Prairie’s Cellular Lip Colour Effects in Firefly Glace is a must for your purse; applying a layer on top of even the deepest of lip colors is a surefire way to morph your lipstick into a polished look for night.
8. With a blush duo compact, apply the darker colour to larger area of cheek, and apply the highlighter colour on apples of cheek so when you smile, you radiate.