Introducing MyTemptalia Beta 1.0
It is with much excitement (and nervousness!) that I get to announce something that’s been incubating in the back of our brains for two years, and this year, we’ve put all of our resources into making that dream a reality. Temptalia is about making shopping for and buying beauty products easier with high-quality photos, swatches, and trusted reviews. That’s why we have features like the Dupe List, Foundation Matrix, and the Swatch Gallery. And now, we’re introducing MyTemptalia.
MyTemptalia is about connecting our resources with all of you, and then coming together to create something exciting, powerful, and useful for every person who’s thought, “Would that lipstick work for me? Is that lipstick similar this other lipstick I have? Would this eyeshadow match this lipgloss? If I like this blush, what other shade would suit me?” We hope that over the next few months, we’ll be able to fully answer these questions as we integrate existing features and introduce more new ones on the foundation we’re launching today.
We are a knowledgeable community who is enthusiastic about all things beauty, and there’s no shortage of expertise that each of us is able offer to the next person. In our initial launch of features, we’ve taken the products we’ve reviewed and integrated them into a product database that allows you to contribute your feedback, keep track of products you own and want to own, as well as discover new products and hear from others with similar coloring if it worked or didn’t. You can also inspire others and get inspired by looks submitted by community members–and you might even be featured for your contribution to the community!
- VANITY: Keep track of products you own — you can view them as a gallery or as a list (printable version coming soon!) You’ll also see this icons integrated into my reviews here on the main blog shortly!
- WISHLIST: Keep a running list of products you’re interested in or want to purchase in the future! Coming soon: quickly add a product just posted on the blog to your wishlist!
- QUICK REVIEWS: We know you’re busy, so rate and run! Give a product a star (or five), then select tags like pigmented and travel-friendly!
- LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT: Love and leave ‘em like the heartbreaker you are! You can check out well-loved products for the week, month, etc.!
- LOOKS: Inspire others by submitting your hair, makeup, and nail looks–or get inspired by the community! If you create tutorials, you can drive traffic back to your blog/YouTube, too!
- FEATURED: You just might get featured for your contributions to the community!
More Features & More Brands Coming Soon!
- All existing features, like The Dupe List, Foundation Matrix, and Swatch Gallery will be interconnected to MyTemptalia! Soon you’ll be to refine, sort, vote, and more to ensure better accuracy and usability of matches and potential dupes! (I’m nearly dying waiting for the completion of the Swatch Gallery. I can’t wait to refine brown eyeshadows down to the undertone and finish!!)
- Monthly themes and contests!
- More brands and their product catalogs will be continually added to the product database as we go forward (37 included at initial launch)
- And the rest is top secret!
Thank you to…
- Family & friends for understanding why we’ve basically ignored you for the last four months.
- Shaun (my husband) & Nick (my brother-in-law), our resident technical team, who built this beast from the ground-up and handled my demands with dignity. There were only minor skirmishes and everyone lived to tell the tale! Please consider thanking @shauntechguy and @nicktechguy for their work behind-the-scenes. Meagan, my sister, for compiling a lot of data and probably crossing her eyes. (Can you tell Temptalia is a family business?)
- Mellan for providing the comic relief–and reminding me when it was dinner time.
- Our readers for motivating us without even knowing it. There were some dark moments, and you kept us going!
You can check my profile out here!
UPDATED AT 5/3 AT 11:01 PM PST: We think we’ve managed to cure most registration issues as well as resolve any outstanding activations that haven’t been received. Let us know if you have any problems by leaving a comment or emailing shaun[at]temptalia.com or nick[at]temptalia.com and they can help you directly! Thank you for your patience!