IMATS Pasadena 2009
IMATS Pasadena 2011
This weekend is IMATS in Pasadena, California, and while I may not be there physically, I’m so there in spirit! I thought it would be fun to compile a list of tips, tricks, favorites, and the like to help make your IMATS trip an enjoyable one. Feel free to add your own tips on Twitter with either #IMATStips or #IMATS. I know I’ll be following to see some of my favorites tweet from the show.
Aspiring makeup artists and artists, ProCharts is having a special deal for IMATS online since they won’t be at the show in person. Their face charts will be £14.00/$22.83 for 1 pad and £25/$40.77 for a pack of 2, plus free shipping when you use the code IMATS. The deal is valid from June 24th through June 30th.
My Must-Haves & Tips
- Get there REALLY early or be prepared to wait in a massive line!
- Have a game plan; it really is that serious. IMATS is totally fun and you can walk around at your leisure, but if there are certain products you have your heart set on, make buying a priority and then enjoy yourself.
- Lists are good–several exhibitors are so popular that spending time shopping at the show means longer lines and a higher likelihood of products selling out. Make Up For Ever is one of the most popular booths, and even though we had gone there first with a list, the wait was over 45 minutes. I know brands like MUFE do not restock during the show; once they’re out, they’re out. OCC also sells out of certain shades of Lip Tars quite quickly!
- Be polite & courteous, as everyone tries to accommodate the crowds, ring customers up in a timely fashion, and just generally trying to manage what is a very high energy and fun show.
- Cash can save you time rather than using credit/debit, but a lot of vendors definitely take credit/debit if you’re uncomfortable carrying a lot of cash (like I am!).
- Brands to check out at the show: Clarisonic, Inglot, Make Up For Ever, NYX, OCC, Stila, and Sugarpill (Full exhibitor list here.) Each of the links to the brand will take you to any reviews/posts I’ve done regarding them. Also, if a brand isn’t doing anything special for the show, I’d keep moving. You can buy at full price any time!
- GerdaSpillmann: Visit Booth 310 to see our NEW Bio-Fond Colors – Cacao and Bijou! 21 total colors every Make-up Artist needs!
- Start2FinishMUA: I heard that it’s better to bring a wallet instead of a purse/handbag because of all the extra bags you’ll collect, more to lug.
- hollysaysheyy Holly wear comfortable shoes!!
- PerfectcoverSL: I’ve made my list and checking it twice 🙂 Can’t wait to check out @occmakeup@EvePearl@crownbrush@MAKEUPFOREVERUS@INGLOT_USA
- PerfectcoverSL: (4) Be polite. This is my 3rd year there and ppl are generally very nice so let’s reciprocate the love! (5) NETWORK
- SatelliteDrmr: I wrote a huge post on MUG Forum. Feel free to use any of these tips! makeupgeek.com/forum/viewtopi…
- ImpressDee: I heard most of the booths give out free samples
- meilily: Must check out MUFE and OCC on sale, and the synthetic kabuki brushes @ IMATS
- MaddyLovesBlog: Get there as early as possible because it will get busy as the day goes on. Some line-ups will be as long as 1 hour waits!
- MakeupJungle: make a list of the things/colors you want to make lines move quicker & so you don’t forget anything! 😉