By Christelle, France, Local Contributor
Christelle lives in Corsica, which is in the south of France, an island in the Mediterranean Sea, though she was born in Paris. She lived in Paris for eighteen years before settling in the south of France. Christelle studied public law for three years and grauated in European Affairs two years ago; her daytime job is in public administration.
She loves to travel and has visited most of the European countries (she loves visiting Budapest and Roma). In her free time, she loves to ballroom dance, go out with friends, and enjoy the beautiful weather of her locale.
Strasbourg, France – Christmas Market by LenDog64
Holiday Trends in France
Christmas is such a magical time. I love the festive atmosphere of the holiday season. What I also love about this time of the year is witnessing the creative imagination of the cosmetic industry. In France, almost every make up brand releases special collections for the holiday season. Let me present a few trends to get the perfect holiday look…
Black and Sparkles
This winter, black and sparkles will wrap your eyes in mystery. Nuit Céleste collection by Givenchy is a perfect example of this trend. This collection reminds me of a beautiful starry night… very poetic!
- Ombre Noire (€47,00) is an amazing black eyeshadow! It has been designed to be used as an eyeshadow, eyeliner, or mascara. It’s slightly infused with shimmer, so it can create a dramatic look. It also contains three miniature-sized brushes. The eyeshadow can be used wet or dry, so you can build up the color to the desired intensity.
- Vernis Please n°176 Noir Céleste (€16,50) is not just another black nail lacquer! It is opaque in just one coat, and it is easily applied due to the large flat brush. The color is gorgeous: black with silver glitter.
- L’Or Céleste Starry Loose Powder (€58,00) comes in a retro spray bottle! It’s such a beautiful object, so it is perfect for gift-giving. It contains a soft golden powder to be sprayed on your complexion as an highlighter or on your body for an immediate glow!
- Love black eyeshadows? Check out the new Yves Saint Laurent Noir Terriblement Palette (€52,50) featuring four intense black eyeshadows, plus a white shade to play with light and shadows.
- If you are on a budget, you can pick Bourjois Eye Pearls (€14,60), a palette of five silky, luminous eyeshadows.
Red and Gold
A touch of red on your lips and nails, a precious golden eye… and you are ready to party!
- Givenchy Or Céleste n°20 Le Prisme Yeux Mono (€27,00) is a variation of gold–matte, shimmer, and glitter to play, create and experiment!
- NARS Campo Dei Fiori Eyeliner (€25,00) is perfect if you do not dare to wear a full golden eye, because you can always add a precious touch of gold with this beautiful eyeliner. This liner is very soft and easily glides on.
- Dior Les Ors collection has several stellar products, including the Couture Golds Palette ($59.00), five new lipsticks ($32.00), and four nails lacquers ($22.00), with my favorites being Merveille and Divin.
- A cheaper alternative: Yves Rocher Luminelle Nail Polishes (€1,95) — choose between a deep red and a glittery gold polish or pick them both! You can also try their Luminelle Gloss, which is available in 3 shades (red, berry and gold) for just €3,95.
Let There Be Light
Who said winter is dull? These powders will add light to your face and help you get a glowy complexion.
- Chanel Lumière Sculptée Powder (€55,50) has a beautiful pattern inspired by a baroque belt Coco Chanel used to wear. It will give a subtle shimmer and beige glow to your skin.
- Lancôme Golden Hat Pressed Powder (€47,90) is a nice pink highlighter with a golden touch to brighten your face. Buying this powder is also a good deed, as the profits will go to Kate Winslet’s Golden Hat foundation, which supports audistic children.
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit Pressed Powder (€50,90) has a gorgeous peacock pattern! Coral, beige, and even teal will give you a subtle sheer look. You can use it as an highlighter and as a blush. Check Christine’s review for more information.