Holiday Makeup: Gold & Greens
Hey, Ma! I did a look! So it’s been a couple of weeks since the Lady Gaga inspired look which totally wreaked havoc on my eyes, but my eyes seem to be recovered now. (They were swollen for a few days, and then they proceeded to just be itchy/red and consequently dry and flaky afterward. You know, generally unpleasant.) I thought I’d try to do something holiday-esque, but maybe not the most typical holiday look (err… at least, my typical holiday look) of golds, cranberries, and red lips.
P.S. – Lashes are looking a little beat-up, because I was testing out a new mascara, wasn’t loving it, tried to layer another mascara over… and yeah, not the best idea. Lesson learned = don’t test new mascara when you’re doing an actual look!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Goldmine eyeshadow (true gold), Bio-Green eyeshadow (medium green), Humid eyeshadow (dark green), Bottle Green eyeshadow (dark green-blue), Femme-fi eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Smashbox Wish Pencil Eyeliner (dark green-blue), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), too many mascaras (so ignore the lashes, they’re terrible)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer in Medium
- Cheeks: Dior Coral Riviera blush (coral-pink), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Guerlain Gems lipstick (coral), Guerlain Perle de Lune lipgloss (pearly beige)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Goldmine eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Bio-Green eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Bottle Green eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen the outer lid with Humid eyeshadow. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey Liner on lower waterline and Smashbox Wish Pencil Liner on the lower lash line. Apply mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dior Corial Riviera blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Guerlain Gems lipstick to lips, and then top with Guerlain Perle de Lune lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos!
This is my… “OMG I DID A LOOK FINALLY FACE!”