The best part about Thanksgiving is it serves as a reminder to be thankful for all of the good things in our lives. It’s also an occasion where families and friends come together to share in holidays. I’m so excited to see everyone later today when they pop by! Even if Thanksgiving isn’t a tradition in your part of the world, the meaning behind it is something we can all share in. I’d love to take a moment to share a few things I’m thankful for, and I’d love to hear some of yours! Happy Hanukkah, as well, to those who celebrate!
5 Things I’m Thankful For
- An amazing, supportive, kind, loving husband. He’s someone who sees me day in and day out, and he always knows how to make me smile and laugh until I have tears in my eyes.
- The support and love of my family and extended family. I am so fortunate that my family has continuously supported, encouraged, and helped however they could to help me reach my dreams. It is so good to love and be loved.
- My dearest, sweetest boy–Mellan–for his warm, wiggling body, his wet nose, his kangaroo imitations, for always putting a smile on my face. He has such spirit, such a positive, uplifting outlook.
- Good friends are hard to find, and best friends the rarest jewel in the crown. I am so fortunate to count a few inspiring people in my circle of friends–I have learned so much from them and they have helped me grow.
- All of you, who have given me purpose and have helped make living my dream possible. Thank you so much for your support over the years–your readership, your comments, your questions.
5 Things I’m Thankful For — Beauty Edition
- Smart doctors; this year, I finally managed to get a handle on my acne, and I owe that to my primary care doctor for prescribing me topical treatments. I am forever indebted to her for the state of my skin right now!
- Coral in any shape or form, whether blush, lipstick, gloss, or eyeshadow, I continue to love you however you may be released next!
- Unusual lip colors thanks to brands like OCC and Illamasqua, because these let us be creative, free, and have fun with our makeup!
- Highly shimmery gloss has become a go-to when I need a lip color on the go and have nothing else in my purse! It adds lots of oomph and shine in a single stroke. (Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss, I’m looking at you!)
- Richly pigmented, hydrating lipstick seems to have been introduced over and over again by more and more brands this past year; I feel like I have five favorite formulas, not just one!