Happy Thanksgiving! (2011 Edition)
Hope you have some fun, festive plans for Thanksgiving this year–and hopefully somewhere nice and cozy! I’d like to take this time to give thanks to a few things I am thankful for, and I’d love for you to do the same in the comments!
5 Things I’m Thankful For (Life Edition)
- My family — they’re a crucial part of my support system, and without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
- Mellan — he’s always underfoot and playful and free. He reminds me to take a break every now and again (if only to attend to one of his needs). His optimistic attitude is no less than inspiring!
- My friends — whether I see them every week or once a year, they’re good people I can count on when I need them. I didn’t always have such reliable, genuine friends, so now that I do, I feel so lucky to have them!
- Education — it’s painful to go through, especially graduate school and the like when you just want to be done and move on with life, but it’s so worth it in the long run. It sets you up for success; in the area I live in, you can’t even compete without a degree.
- Temptalia readers — thank you for being with me! I really appreciate all of the thoughtful comments you leave and that you even stop by
5 Things I’m Thankful For (Beauty Edition)
- Long-wearing eyeliner — it is SO nice to be able to go the day without having to constantly check the mirror to make sure your eyeliner isn’t halfway down your face.
- Red lipstick — nothing makes me feel more confident and sexy than a really great red lip color!
- Exfoliators — I really love a great scrub or mask; it’s relaxing but so, so feel-good.
- Duochromes — how can you hate on a color that flashes two different colors depending on how it’s positioned?
- Liquid foundation — flawless finish, natural appearance, and makes my skin look ten times better? Yes, yes, yes!