Halloween Looks: Jamie, Jennifer, Ariana, E
Jamie makes Miss Aquina come to life, while Jennifer is inspired by the style of the Black Dahlia! Ariana wanted to glam up a vampire–thus a GLAMpire!–and E took a gorier route.
Check out their looks!
Jamie’s Halloween look
JAMIE says her roommates sometimes laugh at her when she does odd looks like this one, but she loves to be unpredictable and fun. You can check out her blog!
INSPIRATION: My inspiration is a little boring, my inspiration is a MAC face Card called Miss Aquina. I thought it was very unique and versatile for an alien or water creature look.
- EYES/FACE: Milani Caribbean Sea, Urban Decay Perversion, Suspect, Smog, Maui Wowie, and Loaded Eyeshadows, Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner.
- LIPS: Wet ‘n’ Wild Halloween Red Lipstick.
Jennifer’s Halloween look
JENNIFER is 22 years old and a graduate student going for her M.S. in Mental Health Counseling. She’s also a photographer, makeup lover, and painter. You can check out her Etsy Shop.
INSPIRATION: The inspiration behind my look is a combination of a few things, the style of the Black Dahlia (Elizabeth Short), who was murdered hence the skull, and the style of the 1940’s and 1950’s in general.
- BREAKDOWN: I used Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in green as a base to cover any redness and smooth out the texture of my face. Then I took the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk and roughly covered my face with it, blending it out with my fingers. I used an Rimmel Exaggerate eyeliner pencil in Black to map out the eye sockets and the lines of the jaw and nose, and filled them in with L’Oreal H.I.P. cream eyeliner in black with a Sigma F70 concealer brush. I blended the lines out to create shadows with the concealer brush and a fluffy blending brush. I went over the black parts with the matte black eyeshadow in a Kat von D palette, and over the white parts with a white setting powder, and then set my whole face with Laura Mercier transcluscent setting powder. Set my hair in hot rollers, put on a cocktail hat and black dress and called it a day!
Ariana’s Halloween look
ARIANA is a freelance makeup artist and hairstylist. She has found that ever since she started to work full time, she rarely has time to do her own makeup. You can check out her portfolio here.
INSPIRATION: I don’t think I’ve ever done a “dark” look for Halloween, so I decided to just do a dark glittery lid, with of course huge lashes, darken my brows, use a light foundation with lots of contour, and a dark red lip. It’s very different from my every day look! I really just wanted to “glam” up a normal vampire look.
- EYES: Makeup Designory Onyx, Opal Sky, and Ice Eyeshadows, Thriller Eye Safe Glitter, Makeup Designory Black Cake Liner, False Lashes.
- LIPS: MAC Velvetella Cremestick Liner, MAC Hang Up Lipstick, Makeup Designory Lady Bug Lipstick.
- FACE: Makeup Designory Powder in Shell and Zero.
E’s Halloween look
E loves to play with makeup! She also loves cats and zombies.
INSPIRATION: I loved Petrilude’s gross zombie video and wanted to emulate it — this was my attempt at a decaying Lady Gaga zombie!
- BREAKDOWN: Black, white, red, and purple face paint along with a lot of liquid latex, eyelashes, coke cans, and fake blood.